R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 04:46 PM   #166
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydc44 View Post
If I purchase a chassis when will I get it just asking cause people on here are saying it took months to get there's thanks

If you've read back a couple pages nobody has had to wait for their stuff more than 2 weeks, Everything is in stock and ready to ship.
4x4 SC10 tekin 4600kv rx8 Sc10 Tekin R5 8.5, B4.1 Tekin R5 8.5 Sikk LidZ(MANGOOOO!)
Team Driver: Team Associated, Proline, Pro-Match, XPS, Morgan Fuels, Tekin Electronics
Old 04-23-2011, 09:21 AM   #167
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Bill/Jason

I notice a Serpent 811 buggy chassis has been produced, what changes and/or improvements have you guys made and what was the result? Also what is the availability?
Old 04-23-2011, 10:18 AM   #168
Tech Addict

Lightbulb

Hi Brian we have been testing since the first of the year (mostly indoor)
The only problem has been really bad weather as you know.
We are looking forward to Eastern weather getting better.
So outdoor testing, and set up development will progress soon.
The baseline results have been very satisfactory, I will post more info
as things get rolling. I will say, I really was impressed with the Serpent quality
while working with the car.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:47 AM   #169
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NITROALM View Post
Hi Brian we have been testing since the first of the year (mostly indoor)
The only problem has been really bad weather as you know.
We are looking forward to Eastern weather getting better.
So outdoor testing, and set up development will progress soon.
The baseline results have been very satisfactory, I will post more info
as things get rolling. I will say, I really was impressed with the Serpent quality
while working with the car.

Sweet
Old 04-23-2011, 12:20 PM   #170
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff
Default Serpent S811 Chassis

Hey fellas. I can weigh in on the Serpent chassis as Bill and I have been working together on this project from the start.

The biggest difference from the stock plate to the BCE 811 plate is craftsmanship and rigidity. Bill did a great job with not changing the overall design, but more focus on clean layout and strengthening spots that could be weak. The BCE plate has a lot more stiffness and has shown much better wear than the stock 811 plate so far.

My first race with the plate was at Motorama (with no prior testing with this new chassis). Mind you, I'm no "Pro" like Maifield, Drake, Lutz, Savoya, etc..., but I did make the B main and was in a bump spot for the majority of the race, but I just made too many mistakes. I ran the same setup as Billy, Chad Phillips, and a few others so I didn't have to stray far away from the team just from having a different chassis. That's a very positive thing as it doesn't force you to have to start over with setup. Granted, with this plate, you could probably run the plastic chassis braces as opposed to the metal ones. I have yet to try that.

Other than Motorama, I've only gotten to race one more time and was winning the main before a steering servo failed with a couple minutes to go. I can't wait to run more, but as most NE guys know... it won't stop raining!!

Thanks again, Bill, for your hard work on this. I think we have a good thing going with this chassis for the 811 and I'll try to provide more feedback once this weather breaks.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:35 PM   #171
Tech Master

Hey Bill,

Since you STILL owe us chassis's that we paid for and have not received!!!! Send us the serpent one asap!

Thanks
Old 04-23-2011, 01:08 PM   #172
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by schreff View Post
Hey fellas. I can weigh in on the Serpent chassis as Bill and I have been working together on this project from the start.

The biggest difference from the stock plate to the BCE 811 plate is craftsmanship and rigidity. Bill did a great job with not changing the overall design, but more focus on clean layout and strengthening spots that could be weak. The BCE plate has a lot more stiffness and has shown much better wear than the stock 811 plate so far.

My first race with the plate was at Motorama (with no prior testing with this new chassis). Mind you, I'm no "Pro" like Maifield, Drake, Lutz, Savoya, etc..., but I did make the B main and was in a bump spot for the majority of the race, but I just made too many mistakes. I ran the same setup as Billy, Chad Phillips, and a few others so I didn't have to stray far away from the team just from having a different chassis. That's a very positive thing as it doesn't force you to have to start over with setup. Granted, with this plate, you could probably run the plastic chassis braces as opposed to the metal ones. I have yet to try that.

Other than Motorama, I've only gotten to race one more time and was winning the main before a steering servo failed with a couple minutes to go. I can't wait to run more, but as most NE guys know... it won't stop raining!!

Thanks again, Bill, for your hard work on this. I think we have a good thing going with this chassis for the 811 and I'll try to provide more feedback once this weather breaks.
Hey Jason Thank you for the post I know the weather is going to break soon Lots of guys wanting to get out and about in the Sun for the 011
racing season...

Chad YGVM
Old 04-23-2011, 03:00 PM   #173
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Hopefully we will see some Serpent stuff come soon! It sounds like Bill is about to get things headed in the right direction!

Last edited by Brian Alderman; 04-25-2011 at 07:30 AM.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:17 AM   #174
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Congratulations to Our Jason Miller for His Recent round 5 series ExpertNitro win
Jason has been running our 011 R8/Pro WorldX Buggy Chassis and Our new R8bE line, and the RC8T Pro Truggy Chassis Line up this year, and has been doing an outstanding Job. Keep up the Great Racing Jason. Looking for a geat run at the Nats.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:47 AM   #175
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NITROALM View Post
Congratulations to Our Jason Miller for His Recent round 5 series ExpertNitro win
Jason has been running our 011 R8/Pro WorldX Buggy Chassis and Our new R8bE line, and the RC8T Pro Truggy Chassis Line up this year, and has been doing an outstanding Job. Keep up the Great Racing Jason. Looking for a geat run at the Nats.

Thanks Bill, The new 2011 line of associated stuff is dialed, Looking foward to the roar nats, now that I have all the little issues and kinks worked out of these things as you saw saturday
4x4 SC10 tekin 4600kv rx8 Sc10 Tekin R5 8.5, B4.1 Tekin R5 8.5 Sikk LidZ(MANGOOOO!)
Team Driver: Team Associated, Proline, Pro-Match, XPS, Morgan Fuels, Tekin Electronics
Old 04-25-2011, 12:06 PM   #176
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Alderman View Post
Hopefully we will see some Serpent stuff come soon! It sounds like Bill is about to get things headed in the right direction!
Hi Brian Great talking with you, and thank you for your suggestions. Yes we are
defintly looking forward for the Serpent Projects, I have received a few inquires
already for some neat stuff will keep you guys posted as we roll on.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:28 PM   #177
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff

Bill, I should have parts go out to you by Wednesday.

And guys... the pictures that Bill posted don't do the chassis justice. Those pics were back in January of the first prototype that Bill did using my parts car as drawing board. Heck, the stock chassis I sent him was bent, there were some stripped screws, and it was far from a clean car.

We'll be working on finalization of the 811 plate within the next couple weeks to make sure fitment is 100% correct. Even the prototype that Bill sent me was really close for a first try... within 90% of what I'd consider production. With having to design a plate by copying a bent stock one, he did one heck of a job. There's just a couple little fine tuning items that have to be done and then just double check fitment again.

The final production product will be bad a$$.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:25 PM   #178
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I WANTED TO GET ANOTHER MBX6T BCE CHASSIS. HOW LONG IS THE WAIT?
Old 04-25-2011, 07:32 PM   #179
Tech Addict

there is no wait, just order it
Old 04-26-2011, 04:54 AM   #180
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by croracer View Post
I WANTED TO GET ANOTHER MBX6T BCE CHASSIS. HOW LONG IS THE WAIT?
We have these in stock and ready to ship.

http://bonesmotorsports.com/store/in...2608e7f572fd91
Bones Brew, Avid Bearings Dealer, Novarossi Engine Dealer, Jconcepts Dealer, Reds Racing Dealer, M2C Racing Dealer, CSI Piston Dealer, Competition Heat Dealer, Clockwork Racing Engines Dealer, Buku Dealer
Closed Thread