R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-02-2010, 11:36 AM   #76
Tech Fanatic
 
monkee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: cda, idaho
Posts: 897
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

new starter boxes are what? 50-100 bucks?
dont forget to buy a replacement belt! nothing sucks more than being at the track and having that starterbox belt snap.
also if breaking in a new motor, better have a heat gun.




my turnigy's are 4s 30c 5000's.




lol btw, if money is no object.. do both!!
monkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:39 AM   #77
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gaylord,MI and Owosso,MI
Posts: 1,098
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkee View Post
new starter boxes are what? 50-100 bucks?
dont forget to buy a replacement belt! nothing sucks more than being at the track and having that starterbox belt snap.
also if breaking in a new motor, better have a heat gun.




my turnigy's are 4s 30c 5000's.




lol btw, if money is no object.. do both!!
money is a issue thats why i dont know what to go to
__________________
TEAM HOLY ROLLERS
Team Associated B5M
PHILIPPIANS 4:13
bbrace3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:41 AM   #78
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrace3m View Post
thats what ive been thinking and i work at a HS as you can see in my signature. they are 129.99 on a main so i bet my cost isnt much over 100 bucks..just like buying a mamba max pro

yup that, engine is about the same price as a mamba 1/8 speedo there tough engines, too i did see one guy i was racing with had the mach. 26 with the red head it was just as good as us guys running the itatian engines.

but the, downside is that the taiwan engines like the dynamite dont last past 1to 3 gallons and the quality isnt as good as the itatian engines.

i use to run a assoc gt2 with a .12 dynamite engine it was good idle like crazy and never flamed out.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:43 AM   #79
Tech Addict
 
jamiekerr14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Uk
Posts: 607
Default

tbh I think people have chipped in enough.. its now down to your decision... what tracks are near you what do they mainly run.. will effect your decision too...

Do you want charge and go

or

Nitro.. where you have to learn tuning ect and tech more than leccy...

as your the on that needs to make the decision.. think people have done there fair share, Dont mean to be rude.. but otherwise its going to go round and round in circles..
__________________
Xray XB4
Supported By:
RC Disco
jamiekerr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:00 PM   #80
Tech Fanatic
 
jwm2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
yup that, engine is about the same price as a mamba 1/8 speedo there tough engines, too i did see one guy i was racing with had the mach. 26 with the red head it was just as good as us guys running the itatian engines.

but the, downside is that the taiwan engines like the dynamite dont last past 1to 3 gallons and the quality isnt as good as the itatian engines.

i use to run a assoc gt2 with a .12 dynamite engine it was good idle like crazy and never flamed out.
I dunno about that, the go engines seem pretty rock solid to me and they are made in taiwan. I think its more to do with the manufacturer and quality control vs the coutry where its made.
jwm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:25 PM   #81
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrace3m View Post
ya that makes sense but how much is a starter box,glow ignitor,glow plug...but yes that does makes sense....never really thought if that
Not as much as a good charger, and power supply and dont forget the Solder Iron
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:26 PM   #82
Tech Fanatic
 
jwm2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Not as much as a good charger, and power supply and dont forget the Solder Iron
Yeah but i thought he already had the stuff for electric and just wanted to test the nitro waters out. I could be wrong though.
jwm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:26 PM   #83
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Not as much as a good charger, and power supply and dont forget the Solder Iron

+1 and i hate soldering.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:26 PM   #84
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gaylord,MI and Owosso,MI
Posts: 1,098
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Not as much as a good charger, and power supply and dont forget the Solder Iron
already have a good charger,power supply and soldering iron. so in that case i think its gonna be electric til i get a stable job
__________________
TEAM HOLY ROLLERS
Team Associated B5M
PHILIPPIANS 4:13
bbrace3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #85
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 7,916
Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiekerr14 View Post
tbh I think people have chipped in enough.. its now down to your decision... what tracks are near you what do they mainly run.. will effect your decision too...

Do you want charge and go

or

Nitro.. where you have to learn tuning ect and tech more than leccy...

as your the on that needs to make the decision.. think people have done there fair share, Dont mean to be rude.. but otherwise its going to go round and round in circles..
you know guys run more nitro than electric here brandon, atleast 1/8 scale, more electric in 1/10 scale here. why you always ask questions you already know the awnsers to?? if you get a electric buggy and race at nmrcc there will be 2, if you get a electric truggy and race at nmrcc, there will be 3, if you get a nitro buggy there will be 5 or 6, nitro truggy there will be 13. with that being said, i would save up your pennies for a nitro truggy.
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:52 PM   #86
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gaylord,MI and Owosso,MI
Posts: 1,098
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno13 View Post
you know guys run more nitro than electric here brandon, atleast 1/8 scale, more electric in 1/10 scale here. why you always ask questions you already know the awnsers to?? if you get a electric buggy and race at nmrcc there will be 2, if you get a electric truggy and race at nmrcc, there will be 3, if you get a nitro buggy there will be 5 or 6, nitro truggy there will be 13.
you wanna help me with getting a nitro then? lol my pocket cant take it
__________________
TEAM HOLY ROLLERS
Team Associated B5M
PHILIPPIANS 4:13
bbrace3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:54 PM   #87
Tech Fanatic
 
jwm2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
+1 and i hate soldering.
I actually like soldering, been doing it for about 20 years. I hate micro surface mount soldering, but thats what smd irons are for General soldering is a breeze though, you just gotta practice a few times and it'll be second nature.
jwm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:55 PM   #88
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gaylord,MI and Owosso,MI
Posts: 1,098
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm2 View Post
I actually like soldering, been doing it for about 20 years. I hate micro surface mount soldering, but thats what smd irons are for General soldering is a breeze though, you just gotta practice a few times and it'll be second nature.
i love to solder and im acually not to bad at it
__________________
TEAM HOLY ROLLERS
Team Associated B5M
PHILIPPIANS 4:13
bbrace3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:58 PM   #89
Tech Fanatic
 
jwm2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Yeah soldering is easy, just take your time and make sure its flowing properly before removing the iron. Cold solder joints is the #1 reason people can't get things working properly in the industry i'm in. I dunno how many times i've fixed cold solder joints when all that was required was a hot enough soldering iron and enough time on the spot to properly heat all the solder. Oh well, some people never learn :/

The #2 problem is folks who use way too much solder. I mean some things to me seem like common sense, but when you open a part and it has a solder blob the size of my thumb, thats a problem
jwm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:00 PM   #90
Tech Fanatic
 
monkee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: cda, idaho
Posts: 897
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

honestly.. if you are very frugal and negotiate.. you can get both for not too much more than one..

im into both of these about 1k total. and all im missing is bodies
the servo for the electric is included in that 1k.. its just still in the mail

i bought the nitro as a used rtr for 400.
it came with everything needed to run. minus the fuel.
and the engine hadnt even been run.. sticker still on the top.
i realize that 1000 is a lot of dough but to get 2 fully working 1/8 scales, im pretty proud of how little i have actually spent

monkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What Are The Pros And Cons Of Electric Rc Cars? m3anders Electric On-Road 29 09-20-2009 10:10 PM
pros and cons of rustler wichol98 Electric Off-Road 7 07-18-2009 02:47 PM
Pros and cons of 3 channel transmitter topsp33d Electric On-Road 8 04-01-2009 06:43 PM
explain to a newb-the pros and cons of truggies and buggies I'm Pro Nitro Off-Road 18 12-07-2008 08:50 PM
Belt drive versus shaft drive...pros and cons of each? AttackDonut Rookie Zone 21 01-02-2005 04:23 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:29 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net