R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-02-2010, 08:31 AM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm2 View Post
Thats good, you already have alot more knowledge than i did when i started in nitro. I'd say go for it and don't look back. You'll have more fun and if you like to tinker then nitro is definately where you need to be. Nitro is about helping others and getting help when you need it, at least when at a local track and racing. I just wish i had some tracks closer to home, so its not such a drive when i get the urge to put down a few laps
the only bad thing is there are two track sin my area. one nobody ever show up and two they always are changing rules because they just got their butts wooped by some electrics because they suck
PHILIPPIANS 4:13
bbrace3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:34 AM   #32
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

simple as long as you enjoy, both are fine.

some like ep

some like nitro

theres no best.

i was from nitro but no time to tune, fix n no real car to transport all the stuffs.

Ep was the better solution, just car n batts no need to tune, just setup n drive.

got more time to win races

one man's meat is another man's poison.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:48 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Williams View Post
lemme guess.........you learned everything on your own and your the local hotshoe right?
NO NO NO - I just have fun doing what I do.. I know the work, time and money involved....so if there were that many cons, then this would not be enjoyable for me. thats my opinion...
Old 09-02-2010, 08:49 AM   #34
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrace3m View Post
the only bad thing is there are two track sin my area. one nobody ever show up and two they always are changing rules because they just got their butts wooped by some electrics because they suck
Yeah i find people in rc's can be a tad different. One track thats about an hour from me is nice but the guys who run it were all high school buddies. So they hang out and have fun, but if anyone else goes and wants to run on their precious track they treat them like outcasts. I ran there once and was ok, a few guys giving me dirty looks but nothing major, the next time i went to run they flat out told me no. So i never went back and don't plan to ever make it back there. I since found another track about an hour in the opposite direction. I went there last saturday to put down a couple laps and the guys there were great. We were joking around, helping each other out, etc. I plan on making that my goto track from here on out. No need to deal with pricks when theres nice people available at the other track.

But that seems to be how it is in rc's, either they are great people or they suck, very little in between. I'm a nice guy and even offer stuff like fuel, glowplugs, my bump box to people if they need it. But sometimes no matter what you do they will treat you like dirt, and luckily i have the other track to goto from now on
jwm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:50 AM   #35
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)

yeah, I hear ya man......as long as you are having fun, that the key
Trevor Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:55 AM   #36
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm2 View Post
Yeah i find people in rc's can be a tad different. One track thats about an hour from me is nice but the guys who run it were all high school buddies. So they hang out and have fun, but if anyone else goes and wants to run on their precious track they treat them like outcasts. I ran there once and was ok, a few guys giving me dirty looks but nothing major, the next time i went to run they flat out told me no. So i never went back and don't plan to ever make it back there. I since found another track about an hour in the opposite direction. I went there last saturday to put down a couple laps and the guys there were great. We were joking around, helping each other out, etc. I plan on making that my goto track from here on out. No need to deal with pricks when theres nice people available at the other track.

But that seems to be how it is in rc's, either they are great people or they suck, very little in between. I'm a nice guy and even offer stuff like fuel, glowplugs, my bump box to people if they need it. But sometimes no matter what you do they will treat you like dirt, and luckily i have the other track to goto from now on
yup thats the way it is. where abouts you live?
Old 09-02-2010, 09:01 AM   #37
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
electrics are much more intuitive in general,

I have got to disagree
Old 09-02-2010, 09:03 AM   #38
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)

it's pretty simple to plug a battery in and just drive.............isn't it?
Trevor Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:12 AM   #39
Tech Master

Quote:
it's pretty simple to plug a battery in and just drive.............isn't it?
very easy
Old 09-02-2010, 09:30 AM   #40
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

if you look at it like thats all thats involved with electric then yes you are right.

if you buy an RTR and never have a problem or want to up grade then yes you are right.

Intuitive goes away when you start changing motors and ESCs. right out the door as a matter of fact.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:36 AM   #41
Tech Master

can somebody tell me which is more expensive? electric or nitro? ive been told nitro...im looking at over all cost not long term or short term thanks
Old 09-02-2010, 09:43 AM   #42
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrace3m View Post
can somebody tell me which is more expensive? electric or nitro? ive been told nitro...im looking at over all cost not long term or short term thanks
Nitro is expensive getting started and if u maintane all ur stuff it isnt so bad but if u keep going thru motors and servos all the time or what ever it mybe u can put a but load of money in it so i would say electric is less expensive after u get a good setup your usually good to go i come from electric and i like nitro alot more but i do miss stadium trucks they where a blast.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:04 AM   #43
Tech Fanatic

Is this electric forum!!!!!!! threads like this need to be deleted
pdmustgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:08 AM   #44
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmustgt View Post
Is this electric forum!!!!!!! threads like this need to be deleted
why do they need to be deleted?
Old 09-02-2010, 10:10 AM   #45
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I have a nitro buggy and truggy and the E versions too. I like the Nitro versions much better. They are a little easier to drive. The engines will run for days, just refuel and go. The nitro cars do get dirtier then the E cars but you also get to do 30, 45 and even 60 min mains in the nitro cars. That is not even close in an E car. True the E stuff is plug in and go but thats if it works. I have blown ESC's Tekin motors and I go through more servos in the E cars because they fly higher. I recently blew a 7950 steering servo in an E bug flying it off a jump 30 ft in the air. The servo was only 2 races old and when I sent it back to hitec they said every part was damaged even the case (they did replace it whoo hoo hitec. The E cars take expensive batteries that can blow if you dont treat them right. THen you have to buy an expensive charger and power supply if you want to be competitive. I think my E cars have more $$ in them than the nitro cars do and thats with speed engines. To each his own. I prefeer the nitro cars but man the E cars sure are fun to drive, just stab the throttle, hit the jump and GOAL!!!!!
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote