Wiki Posts
Search

Steering servo for Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
you dont need titanuim gears thats a butch of bs ive never striped any steel gears in a servo just plastic.

No comment.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:30 PM
Tech Regular

Was reading up on titanium on the net the other day. Apparently a hardened steel bar is much stronger then a titanium bar with the same dimensions. Titanium is just a lot lighter, hence it's used in applications that require low weight. Im guessing Hitec uses some titanium allloy mix in their gears (titanium mixed with something else) to make them as strong as they are.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Ambros303
Was reading up on titanium on the net the other day. Apparently a hardened steel bar is much stronger then a titanium bar with the same dimensions. Titanium is just a lot lighter, hence it's used in applications that require low weight. Im guessing Hitec uses some titanium allloy mix in their gears (titanium mixed with something else) to make them as strong as they are.

that makes, sense acutally i dont know if hitec uses a mix in the gears but it whould have, to be a really hard hit to strip the steel gears in the steering servo and ive been in some hard hits and landing .

but really if titanium gears makes the servo lighter us regular joe racers wont notice a diffrence.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

that makes, sense acutally i dont know if hitec uses a mix in the gears but it whould have, to be a really hard hit to strip the steel gears in the steering servo and ive been in some hard hits and landing .

but really if titanium gears makes the servo lighter us regular joe racers wont notice a diffrence.

what makes sense, the fact you dont have a Clue what your talking about.....Screw poor spelling you give Very Poor advise that really has no relation to the question at hand.

For example when you try and help guys with set-up's on 2.0T's when you yourself dont Own one or really grasp the concept of what's different and Why. Also making BS statement's like "you dont need titanuim gears thats a butch of bs ive never striped any steel gears in a servo just plastic." is Ignorant as you haven't been around long enough to even know HOW durable Hitec gear's are.....the Ti's have been around for quite some time and the Fact of the matter is that Hitec Doesn't even Sell the Main gear's as spares as they KNOW they Dont fail.

Please take a Step back and think twice before posting.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
what makes sense, the fact you dont have a Clue what your talking about.....Screw poor spelling you give Very Poor advise that really has no relation to the question at hand.

For example when you try and help guys with set-up's on 2.0T's when you yourself dont Own one or really grasp the concept of what's different and Why. Also making BS statement's like "you dont need titanuim gears thats a butch of bs ive never striped any steel gears in a servo just plastic." is Ignorant as you haven't been around long enough to even know HOW durable Hitec gear's are.....the Ti's have been around for quite some time and the Fact of the matter is that Hitec Doesn't even Sell the Main gear's as spares as they KNOW they Dont fail.

Agreed!
Old 09-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Integra

really i, give poor advise about getting a steer geared servo look im going to remmend on what ive ran and had exprience with just like you do so dont give me crap about it.

yea i know titanuim has been around a while for the servos does that mean i have to buy it no.

as for the me giving advise for the 2.0 t yea i agree that i shouldnt of been giveing advise about them thats my mistake.

my point is you dont have to always buy the lastest and greatest.

and the only hitec servos that i said are bad are the $60 ones.

but whatever im moving on about this topic.

Last edited by tc5 man; 09-01-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Understand that in order for something to be considered "Ti" it only has to have something like 6-9% titanium content.

That said, titanium is great for certain things. Weight savings is nice but Ti also tolerates much more elestic deformation as compared to many steals and has good fatigue strength as compared to aluminum for instance.

Hitec's Ti gears are also titanium nitrided which is a spray deposition process sorta similar in attributes to sayyyy,,,, ceramic coating. TiNi has very good wear resistance (used on cutting tools) as well as boosts surface hardness (again, helps with wear).

I don't hear anyone saying, steel gears are crap. But when manufacturers are fighting for every ms in response time, any reduction in drivetrain mass helps.

As a recent 7950 buyer, I think you know what I like.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

really i, give poor advise about getting a steer geared servo look im going to remmend on what ive ran and had exprience with just like you do so dont give me crap about it.

yea i know titanuim has been around a while for the servos does that mean i have to buy it no.

as for the me giving advise for the 2.0 t yea i agree that i shouldnt of been giveing advise about them thats my mistake.

my point is you dont have to always buy the lastest and greatest.

and the only hitec servos that i said are bad are the $60 ones.

but whatever im moving on about this topic.
A) Most of these guys are giving advise to the OP to purchase one of Hitec's Ti geared servos. Why? Because many of them have been running them for years without problems.

B) Are any of these guys telling YOU to buy it? No, they are recommending them to the OP.

C) The Ti geared Hitec's are not the latest servo's to come out. Hitec has been using Ti gears in their servos since the 59XX series (Correct me if I'm wrong ).
Old 09-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by pyromania
A) Most of these guys are giving advise to the OP to purchase one of Hitec's Ti geared servos. Why? Because many of them have been running them for years without problems.

B) Are any of these guys telling YOU to buy it? No, they are recommending them to the OP.

C) The Ti geared Hitec's are not the latest servo's to come out. Hitec has been using Ti gears in their servos since the 59XX series (Correct me if I'm wrong ).

well yea, i get that some people are telling me to get the titatuim gear servo but i havnt had any problems with the one im running now so why whould i get it than.

i know the hitec ti geared servos have been around for a while i was talking about other things.

and i have been racing for a while and ran steel gear servos the whole time.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

well yea, i get that some people are telling me to get the titatuim gear servo but i havnt had any problems with the one im running now so why whould i get it than.

i know the hitec ti geared servos have been around for a while i was talking about other things.

and i have been racing for a while and ran steel gear servos the whole time.
Show me where they are specifically telling YOU.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Tech Prophet

that the titanuim geared servo are better thats it.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crashchris88
Hey guys just bought a Losi 2.0 Truggy whats the best steering servo to have?
I just noticed you have 2 of the same thread, stupid me....

Best steering servo for a Losi 2.0 Truggy.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/7885847-post4.html
Old 09-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

LMAO.

TC5, no one is telling YOU to buy anything. For the last time, the 7950 is tons better than your 7954. Just sayin.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Not sure about the 7955, 7950, 7940 servo's, but I do know for a fact that the 5955 TI servo is not all TI gears. They have one gear in the servo, that is made out of some kind of plastic composite mix. I know this because I had two striped gears in one day at the first JBRL race this year at Thunder Alley. And no I am not a hack, just some bad luck I guess. My guess is they all have this gear in them, so that when they do take a really big hit this gear fails not something more expensive. Is the TI gears needed no, will you be able to tell a difference in performance I know I would never be able too. FYI, for anyone wanting to buy a Hitec 7955, I think Air Wild still has them for 99.00. This servo is very close to the 7950, will handle the Lipo packs, and 30.00 cheaper. As far as the 7940 I would stay away from this servo, I had two personal servo's fail, and know of 4 others that failed. Just my 2 Cents

Good Luck
Old 09-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i'm running Futaba BLS351 for steering, that works great for me...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.