Wiki Posts
Search

Steering servo for Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by got_nitro
I just noticed you have 2 of the same thread, stupid me....

Best steering servo for a Losi 2.0 Truggy.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/7885847-post4.html
Old 09-02-2010, 06:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pyromania
Show me where they are specifically telling YOU.

He just doesn't get it as ive said many of time's before.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)

Can't we just all get along? LOL!!!

With that being said, I am partial to Hitec servos myself. But I came across a great deal on a JR 8711 for my daughters 8T 2.0
WOW it is a great servo. I can't believe no one has said anything about one of these......
Old 09-02-2010, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tate72

With that being said, I am partial to Hitec servos myself. But I came across a great deal on a JR 8711 for my daughters 8T 2.0
WOW it is a great servo. I can't believe no one has said anything about one of these......
8711 was ok when it first came out a few years ago... The case is not durable enough for the 400oz it produces. I have 2 that still work but are sloppy.

Now for Hitec, I have broken every metal output gear any servo has to offer. The list is long. I have brought 7950s when they came out and they have performed perfectly time and time again.

Now I have broken a screw off in the Ti output gear of my 7950 servo and was getting upset that I could not buy a new, called up hitec and they sent me the gear,,, excellent service.....
Old 09-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It'll wear out like every JR does. Sloppy gears, Sloppy case, Typical "JR shimmy", etc... They're good performing servos, but they don't last. Hitec's will beat their performance and last 5x as long.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The only JR I really liked was the DS8717 for throttle. I think the specs are .06s w/ 200oz of torque. It's a really nice servo for throttle duties.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Integra
what makes sense, the fact you dont have a Clue what your talking about.....Screw poor spelling you give Very Poor advise that really has no relation to the question at hand.

For example when you try and help guys with set-up's on 2.0T's when you yourself dont Own one or really grasp the concept of what's different and Why. Also making BS statement's like "you dont need titanuim gears thats a butch of bs ive never striped any steel gears in a servo just plastic." is Ignorant as you haven't been around long enough to even know HOW durable Hitec gear's are.....the Ti's have been around for quite some time and the Fact of the matter is that Hitec Doesn't even Sell the Main gear's as spares as they KNOW they Dont fail.

Please take a Step back and think twice before posting.
Not sue why you guys are getting on this guy? His comment about the need for TI gears I think is spot on. And by the way I have been in this hobby a very long time, racing RC cars sense 1987, went to the Worlds in 1989, oops just gave my age away, and have been flying giant scale for almost as long. Most manufacturers have a gear in there gear train that will fail, as the steel / TI gears normally will not fail. This is so other more expensive parts of the servo, like the motor do not fail. Is it bad to have the TI gears, not at all, is it needed, no, especially for the concerns you guys have brought up. Other than gears wearing out and getting sloop in them, the JR line of servo's had been really bad in the giant scale planes with this, this is where maybe the Hitec has a leg up on the rest very little sloop in the gear train. Now about his setup info have no idea, but what does that have to do with this issue.

Well have a great day all.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by airsiler
Not sue why you guys are getting on this guy?

Now about his setup info have no idea, but what does that have to do with this issue.

stick around for a while and you'll see.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Tech Champion

Not sue why you guys are getting on this guy? His comment about the need for TI gears I think is spot on. And by the way I have been in this hobby a very long time, racing RC cars sense 1987, went to the Worlds in 1989, oops just gave my age away, and have been flying giant scale for almost as long. Most manufacturers have a gear in there gear train that will fail, as the steel / TI gears normally will not fail. This is so other more expensive parts of the servo, like the motor do not fail. Is it bad to have the TI gears, not at all, is it needed, no, especially for the concerns you guys have brought up. Other than gears wearing out and getting sloop in them, the JR line of servo's had been really bad in the giant scale planes with this, this is where maybe the Hitec has a leg up on the rest very little sloop in the gear train. Now about his setup info have no idea, but what does that have to do with this issue.

Point is that he makes a lot of comments in many threads, not having a clue what he's talking about. That's all. In this particular situation he made a comment that obviously went against everything else said prior in this thread. Not a problem if you knew what you were talking about, but he doesn't. His beloved 7954 is only a downgraded 7955. For essentially the same price you can have your Ti gears in a servo otherwise identical. Maybe it is true that you don't need Ti gears, but I would never recommend not buying the best servo you can for the money. If we're talking 7954 money, the 7955 is a a better servo for the same price. Comments like "titanium gears are BS" isn't gonna make you any friends when everyone had already recommended a Ti gear servo.

That's my take on things.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Prophet

+1 thanks for agreeing with me.

jammincrazy: sorry to tell you this but not everybody has the money to buy more expensive servos ! yea i know this is a expensive hobby but you can get away with cheaper stuff and be fine for a while espially if your just a club local racer

but hey everybodys opinion is diffrent.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default servo

Hitec 7955 ti period , i run futaba servo's for everything else except truggy steering ....
Old 09-02-2010, 02:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tc5 man
+1 thanks for agreeing with me.

jammincrazy: sorry to tell you this but not everybody has the money to buy more expensive servos ! yea i know this is a expensive hobby but you can get away with cheaper stuff and be fine for a while espially if your just a club local racer

but hey everybodys opinion is diffrent.
The POINT I'm trying to make is that you can buy a 7955 for essentially the SAME price as your 7954! Why buy the downgraded version when you can have the real thing for the same price? Now that's managing your funds wisely.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
The POINT I'm trying to make is that you can buy a 7955 for essentially the SAME price as your 7954! Why buy the downgraded version when you can have the real thing for the same price? Now that's managing your funds wisely.

ok i get it well if something happens to my 7954 servo than i will look at the 7955 than later on.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cdc
Hitec 7950th
Thats a good servo!!!!!!!!!!!!! You need to contact me
Old 09-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I got one for you guys.

What's the general mounting proceedure for you guys running these monster digi's? I set my new 7950 up with grommets using large head washers snugged up but man, that servo can torque the entire mount....

Anyone running solid mounted/no grommets? Sure way to kill a servo?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.