R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-29-2010, 07:33 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (75%+)
Default Happier than a puppy with two...

Just browsed through some craigslist for sale pages and found a losi 8ight T 1.0 damned near brand new, the best part about it is, is that its got a BRAND NEW NEVER RAN OS MAX XZ .28, its got rick from RB mods signature on the head and bottom of the crankcase. So I took the sleeve out, and sure nuff, full drag mod on this bitch. Port and timing work, fuel ramping, crank hardening, all that good stuff. I do know he has done some good work, and that these mods will make this already stupid powerful mill even nastier! There is not a scratch on the piston or sleeve. Oh shat I almost forgot the best part IMO, it came with a brand new never used chrome jammin jp4 pipe and header for the os max zx .28! It has brand new losi truggy wheels with brand new never run pro line crimefighters.Its got the quick change motor mount as well. Ive always wanted to give that pipe a shot! I still cant get over this. Ive yet to run her because Im going through the truck. I'm changing all the bearings, lubing diffs, and shimming things, but when she's done with a new shell Im gonna show her off. Im thinking Midnight metallic blue and chrome combo for the shell, to match the mill and pipe combo! This was an unreal deal and Im still in la la land just looking the truck over!The truck is pretty much brand new aside from a few scratches on the underside of the pan, but thats to be expected I guess But the mill is untouched He threw in a ofna chrome top starter box a gel fuel batter, a spektrum dx 3.0 with the rechargeable battery pack, and all kinds of stuff for the truck. Its got a four shoe clutch on it, Teflon shielded bearings throughout (which I dont really like btw) but all in all I got what I consider to be a super deal. Under 250 us for the truck, insane expensive modded mill thats brand new, dx 3.0, and the ofna starter box and gel cell. They guy took the truck as collateral on a loan he gave to a buddy that never paid him back, so he sold his fecal matter after waiting a year to be paid back. Im so stoked right now! I have no idea why it was so cheap! I did have to drive 100 miles to pick it up, but IMO it was totally worth the trip. Super nice guy sold it to me and he had plenty of his own toys by the looks of it. I had to share this with you guys, not trying to brag, well maybe I am, but ya'll understand. No one appreciates or even understands WTF Im talking about around here, but you guys do, and do well! Oh yea I also forgot, I bought a new losi smart diff for the center too, Im going to try and get in one race before the season is over! This week has been better than xmas!

Pics and vids will be up in a very very short time (as soon as I go trough the truck) very very soon!
cham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:34 PM   #2
Tech Prophet

wow now thats , cool espially with all the hop ups and everything else on it i can give you some little tips for the eight-t to handle better.

i still run my i just ordered a tft 1.0 eight-t chassis.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:49 PM   #3
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (75%+)

That would be awesome! I can use all the tips I can get right now! Nice to meet ya man, I believe this is the rtr but still its decent enough for me. You'll see when I get pics up. If you can give me some tips on things to upgrade then that would be awesome! Im going to get HD diff cups and fill them with some fluid and new bearings all the way around to start, the trick has sit for 6 months and gathered some dust I need to clean off.
cham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:42 PM   #4
Tech Adept

a pup with two...testicles?
Smokeyr67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:23 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Great deal! Yeah I know the feeling
cheapskate.brok is offline   Reply With Quote