R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2010, 04:37 PM   #1
Tech Adept
 
Shadowhope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Medina, Tennessee
Posts: 155
Default clutch bell housing

ok so the screw that holds the clutch bell housing on is stripped sorta cause when i try unscrewing it the alan wrench just turns its basically a round hole now so any suggestios on getting it off
__________________
-----Team Losi-----
***Losi 8ight 2.0***
__Power Master Fuel__
AKA City Block Tires
Spektrum DX3S
Shadowhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:42 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 991
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

screw off bit, will do the trick.
__________________
Rui Almeida
Hamilton, Ontario
CANADA
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Serpent SRX8, Sanwa M11s, Sanwa SRX-BX servos, Picco 5TB
RAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #3
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,874
Default

i had the, same thing happen to me before what you do is if you have a dremel use, the cut off wheel and make a flat line on the front of the screw so you can use a flat head to unscrew it. and make sure you dont hit the teeth on the bell with the cut off wheel.

also i would, get a hex tool its much easier and when you tighten the clutch bell screw push in while you are turning it.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:12 PM   #4
Tech Adept
 
Shadowhope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Medina, Tennessee
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
i had the, same thing happen to me before what you do is if you have a dremel use, the cut off wheel and make a flat line on the front of the screw so you can use a flat head to unscrew it. and make sure you dont hit the teeth on the bell with the cut off wheel.

also i would, get a hex tool its much easier and when you tighten the clutch bell screw push in while you are turning it.
but the screw isnt sticking out far enough for it to be able to be cut
__________________
-----Team Losi-----
***Losi 8ight 2.0***
__Power Master Fuel__
AKA City Block Tires
Spektrum DX3S
Shadowhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:16 PM   #5
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,874
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowhope View Post
but the screw isnt sticking out far enough for it to be able to be cut

oh i guess you could use a screw bit to back it out.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:20 PM   #6
Tech Adept
 
Shadowhope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Medina, Tennessee
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
oh i guess you could use a screw bit to back it out.
screw bit??? what is that?
__________________
-----Team Losi-----
***Losi 8ight 2.0***
__Power Master Fuel__
AKA City Block Tires
Spektrum DX3S
Shadowhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:23 PM   #7
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,874
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowhope View Post
screw bit??? what is that?

i forgot, what its exactally called but you put it in the drill and use reverse to back it out.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:25 PM   #8
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

they mean a screw extractor bit....
13btt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:29 PM   #9
Tech Adept
 
Bugman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Port Reading n.j.
Posts: 228
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowhope View Post
ok so the screw that holds the clutch bell housing on is stripped sorta cause when i try unscrewing it the alan wrench just turns its basically a round hole now so any suggestios on getting it off
Just Go buy a screw extractor you can get them at any local hardware store or lowes or home depot you can buy a whole kit from sears craftsman makes a nice set around $40.00 well worth it.
__________________
Jack Appice
Bugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:33 PM   #10
Tech Adept
 
Shadowhope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Medina, Tennessee
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
i forgot, what its exactally called but you put it in the drill and use reverse to back it out.
but it is a v screw inside a washer so idk how it would get ahold of it
__________________
-----Team Losi-----
***Losi 8ight 2.0***
__Power Master Fuel__
AKA City Block Tires
Spektrum DX3S
Shadowhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:40 PM   #11
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,874
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowhope View Post
but it is a v screw inside a washer so idk how it would get ahold of it

v screw ? i never heard of that but i use the clutch screw with a flat head hex screw that comes with the eight -t roller.

i dont know how you are going to get it out.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:47 PM   #12
Tech Adept
 
Shadowhope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Medina, Tennessee
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
v screw ? i never heard of that but i use the clutch screw with a flat head hex screw that comes with the eight -t roller.

i dont know how you are going to get it out.
v screw is the head of the screw goind down into a V
__________________
-----Team Losi-----
***Losi 8ight 2.0***
__Power Master Fuel__
AKA City Block Tires
Spektrum DX3S
Shadowhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:49 PM   #13
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,874
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowhope View Post
v screw is the head of the screw goind down into a V
do you have a pic ?
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:51 PM   #14
Tech Adept
 
Shadowhope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Medina, Tennessee
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
do you have a pic ?
yeah il take some from different angles
__________________
-----Team Losi-----
***Losi 8ight 2.0***
__Power Master Fuel__
AKA City Block Tires
Spektrum DX3S
Shadowhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:52 PM   #15
Tech Addict
 
cordarrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 542
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

He's talking a flathead screw in a cone washer...like an AE blue washer.

I saw one today on a clutch...no clue why.

You have very little to work with....slotting is not an option...you'll leave nothing of strength to resist removal torque.

Extractor is about the only option...but much finesse will be required to avoid a complete butchering in a fastener this small.

Tell ya' what....if you were to dremel the washer away by whatever method, trying to avoid the screw...you could get a grip on it with pliers or visegrips or the like...

Once the pressure of the washer is gone, it may only take your fingers to remove it...
cordarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
centax clutch ? HELP ! carpet_killa Nitro On-Road 60 10-13-2011 05:38 PM
Traxxas Jato and 3.3 parts (EZstart, brakes, 20T clutch bell, etc.) btolenti R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 12-12-2009 07:27 PM
How do you remove the pinions off the clutch bell? Ryan41 Nitro On-Road 14 04-11-2007 01:03 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:41 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net