Search

steering servo

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
im suprised that the 333 oz servo isnt working for you on your truggy
its not working that great for me in buggy either.... alot of my track are rutted and my driving style is different than most, im on the gas alot in turns... im running 10-15-4 in the diffs on my truggy and that gives you like almost no off power steering
Old 08-30-2010, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default HMM

I would think that if they locked down the servo saver it might break during a race. I recommend around 170-whatever you want in torque, but I do like a fast throttle servo faster than .15 anyhoo...
Old 08-30-2010, 09:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
its not working that great for me in buggy either.... alot of my track are rutted and my driving style is different than most, im on the gas alot in turns... im running 10-15-4 in the diffs on my truggy and that gives you like almost no off power steering

oh well you, should see the track i race on it can get rutty and bumpy yea i hit the brake and let it roll a bit get on the gas and steer.

but to me, the 333 oz is plently enough for me to steer and hold at the same time.

i run 5 in the rear on my eight-t.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by merdith6
I would think that if they locked down the servo saver it might break during a race. I recommend around 170-whatever you want in torque, but I do like a fast throttle servo faster than .15 anyhoo...
i have my servo saver almost locked down but the 300+oz will be safe with that but yeah im liking faster servos on the throttle .... i switched to O'donnell and their breaks work and im not needing the torque that i needed to get my previous buggies and truggies stopped so now time to upgrade to a faster throttle
Old 08-30-2010, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

i have my servo saver almost locked down but the 300+oz will be safe with that but yeah im liking faster servos on the throttle .... i switched to O'donnell and their breaks work and im not needing the torque that i needed to get my previous buggies and truggies stopped so now time to upgrade to a faster throttle
U runnin o'donnell now? lol yeah fast throttle = fast response which you cant complain about have instantanious controll without delay!
Old 08-30-2010, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
U runnin o'donnell now? lol yeah fast throttle = fast response which you cant complain about have instantanious controll without delay!
yeah just switched last week actually i really like them... and talking about delay, my throttle servo was going out at my race this weekend i was having to think about 2 seconds ahead it sucked and then it finally stopped working, im just glad i was on the breaks when it did.... it was a servo i bought for 20 bucks when i was in a pinch from someone at the track and its lasted me like 4-5 months and racing every single weekend with it... not bad IMO, airtronic servos are pretty nice
Old 08-30-2010, 09:51 PM
Tech Prophet

oh yea i like a fast servo but not no .09 or .07 wow talk about wheelspin when the, track is dry but i do like it when i need to blip the throttle in a hurry in the air.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would tend to use a higher torque servo for steering purpose, especially for truggy. I like Hitec 7950

http://www.rc-toro.com/product_info....648cf137401361

Going slow is going fast.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by silverM3
I would tend to use a higher torque servo for steering purpose, especially for truggy. I like Hitec 7950

http://www.rc-toro.com/product_info....648cf137401361

Going slow is going fast.

+1 for the steering i use a faster servo for the throttle but not too fast.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default turnigy high voltage servos

hey guys,

i bought a couple of the new turnigy high voltage servos as the price was really good on them.

i recently blew the steering servo in my ve8. ( it was a jr 9100s i wont buy another jr servo they are unreliable ) i run hi tec high voltage servos in my d8t truggy.

does anyone know what servo horn is needed for the turnigy hi voltage servos?

i tried a hi tec and a jr both dont fit. anyone who knows the spline count ?

thanks
Old 08-31-2010, 03:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thrash metal

thanks
then it's futaba... 23 sanwa/ko/jr, 24 hitec, 25 futfut iirc.

Paul
Old 08-31-2010, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thrash metal
hey guys,

i bought a couple of the new turnigy high voltage servos as the price was really good on them.

i recently blew the steering servo in my ve8. ( it was a jr 9100s i wont buy another jr servo they are unreliable ) i run hi tec high voltage servos in my d8t truggy.

does anyone know what servo horn is needed for the turnigy hi voltage servos?

thanks
the reason why it burnt out was because it doesnt have enough torque IMO... but you know you can send it in and get a new one free right? just need a receipt and the form off their site. if you dont want to send it in, ill take it off your hands ill pay for shipping
Old 08-31-2010, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

the reason why it burnt out was because it doesnt have enough torque IMO... but you know you can send it in and get a new one free right? just need a receipt and the form off their site. if you dont want to send it in, ill take it off your hands ill pay for shipping
I don't by that these modern servo's don't have enough torque. If 300+ doesn't work, I'd be looking into something binding up front. I come from enough years of racing to know even ~150oz/in can work even in a truggy let alone buggy. I just cooked my trusty old KO 2144 in my mbx6t. Only ~185oz/in. About ~7-8 years old. Ran in several truggys. I love that servo. Is/was pretty fast (.13) and had good torque. Centered dead on all the time, every time.

That being said, I just picked up a Hitec 7950 for a shot. As good as it's suppose to be, it's going to have to earn me over or I'll be looking to go KO again.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by itbvolks
I don't by that these modern servo's don't have enough torque. If 300+ doesn't work, I'd be looking into something binding up front. I come from enough years of racing to know even ~150oz/in can work even in a truggy let alone buggy. I just cooked my trusty old KO 2144 in my mbx6t. Only ~185oz/in. About ~7-8 years old. Ran in several truggys. I love that servo. Is/was pretty fast (.13) and had good torque. Centered dead on all the time, every time.

That being said, I just picked up a Hitec 7950 for a shot. As good as it's suppose to be, it's going to have to earn me over or I'll be looking to go KO again.

try the, hitec 7954 servo they have a steel gear and a titanuim gear one for around $92.00 to $100 it has the same thing as the more expensive ones and it, has 333 oz of torque i run it on my steering for my truggy and love it.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:31 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by itbvolks

try the, hitec 7954 servo they have a steel gear and a titanuim gear one for around, $92.00 to $100 it has the same thing as the more expensive ones and it, has 333 oz of torque i run it on my steering for my truggy and love it.

its diginal and, coreless and has a heat sink although for some reason hitec doesnt have the replacement gears for it if you do strip the gears.
which ive never had.

sorry double post .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.