R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2010, 09:23 PM   #91
Tech Elite
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
i adjust the, trim so i will track straight it does actually somewhat go to the left but than again i could use sub trim. na i cant leave my at 0 ethier now.

i wish i can find the gears for it i know that whould fix it .
the wheels do center back when i turn left and right .
if it does that, then you have nothing to worry about, and if it didnt, send it to hitec because thats not the gears, thats the motor... hitec does have a 1 year warranty, and its no questions asked, ive sent in quite a few 35-50 dollar ones when i was using them for throttle/brake in buggy.
__________________
Jonathan Maxey - Mugen Seiki USA, Alpha-Plus Engines, O'donnell Fuel Team, Sweep Racing USA, M2C Racing, Airtronics, TritonRC.com, RC Renew, 4C Hobby Supply
Mugen MBX7 / Alpha-Plus Engine / Airtronics M11x
Mugen MBX6T / Alpha-Plus Engine / Airtronics M11x
Mugen MBX7 Eco / LRP / Airtronics M11x
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:26 PM   #92
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
if it does that, then you have nothing to worry about, and if it didnt, send it to hitec because thats not the gears, thats the motor... hitec does have a 1 year warranty, and its no questions asked, ive sent in quite a few 35-50 dollar ones when i was using them for throttle/brake in buggy.

yea i will, send it out this week by the way have you ever had the screw come out of the steering servo i did no steering lol. i use locktite on the screw now.
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:05 PM   #93
Tech Elite
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
yea i will, send it out this week by the way have you ever had the screw come out of the steering servo i did no steering lol. i use locktite on the screw now.
yep, ive had that happen, the HB servo horns go on easy and come off easy and i won a big race without the screw in hahah i was just one lucky person lol and i never use lock tight, and i dont even use the screws that come with hitec, i re-thread mine and use a regular screw .... not advised though lol
__________________
Jonathan Maxey - Mugen Seiki USA, Alpha-Plus Engines, O'donnell Fuel Team, Sweep Racing USA, M2C Racing, Airtronics, TritonRC.com, RC Renew, 4C Hobby Supply
Mugen MBX7 / Alpha-Plus Engine / Airtronics M11x
Mugen MBX6T / Alpha-Plus Engine / Airtronics M11x
Mugen MBX7 Eco / LRP / Airtronics M11x
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:14 PM   #94
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
yep, ive had that happen, the HB servo horns go on easy and come off easy and i won a big race without the screw in hahah i was just one lucky person lol and i never use lock tight, and i dont even use the screws that come with hitec, i re-thread mine and use a regular screw .... not advised though lol

retread yea, i wont be doing that but i always lose the stock screws that come with, the servos i always end up making a homemade screw to fit the servos lol.
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:27 PM   #95
Tech Master
 
So*Cal AFDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Moreno Valley
Posts: 1,454
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
they usually go bad at 2-3 gallons... i hope you are one of the ones that have great luck with them
Hope so too! Don't want $110 going down the drain. Time will tell!
__________________
-Aaron Willming
~ Hobby-Pro USA ~ Viper-RC ~ IERC Raceway ~

www.IERCRaceway.com - www.Facebook.com/IERCRaceway
So*Cal AFDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:28 PM   #96
Tech Elite
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
retread yea, i wont be doing that but i always lose the stock screws that come with, the servos i always end up making a homemade screw to fit the servos lol.
the hitecs have a what i call "bastard" screw, they have a different thread pattern than anything else, its a freakin pain to find one if you loose one so thats why i re-thread them
__________________
Jonathan Maxey - Mugen Seiki USA, Alpha-Plus Engines, O'donnell Fuel Team, Sweep Racing USA, M2C Racing, Airtronics, TritonRC.com, RC Renew, 4C Hobby Supply
Mugen MBX7 / Alpha-Plus Engine / Airtronics M11x
Mugen MBX6T / Alpha-Plus Engine / Airtronics M11x
Mugen MBX7 Eco / LRP / Airtronics M11x
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:44 PM   #97
Tech Elite
 
merdith6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brazoria, TX
Posts: 2,350
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Yep

I don't understand why they don't use a regular screw, but If you buy a pack of HPI screws that fit with the 2mm allen head and put just a small ammount on the screw it will be fine, and use the Blue alluminum horn from hitech it works great. On the throttle plastic horn use a small washer under the screw and it will hold good....

but rethreading the servo is a really great idea, Nice work man....
__________________
Mad Dog drives a Mugen MBX-7, Novarossi engines, Clockwork Racing, Futaba radio, AKA/Proline Tires
merdith6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:04 AM   #98
Tech Adept
 
Arco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jupiter, FL
Posts: 129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
the hitecs have a what i call "bastard" screw, they have a different thread pattern than anything else, its a freakin pain to find one if you loose one so thats why i re-thread them
Quote:
Originally Posted by merdith6 View Post
I don't understand why they don't use a regular screw, but If you buy a pack of HPI screws that fit with the 2mm allen head and put just a small ammount on the screw it will be fine, and use the Blue alluminum horn from hitech it works great. On the throttle plastic horn use a small washer under the screw and it will hold good....

but rethreading the servo is a really great idea, Nice work man....
This is the replacement screw.
__________________
OverdriveRC.com
"Promote and Support"
Arco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:37 AM   #99
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 418
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I run the 7940TH's in Buggy unregulated. They run great, I need super fast servos and these do the job.

I have also ran them in Truggy, still no issues, more then enough torque with lipo.
__________________
Losi 8T 2.0 - Novarossi P5 Modded - JR 9100HVS' - Odonnell Fuel -
Mugen MBX6 - Novarossi +4 Modded - Hitec 7940TH's - Hudy Tools
Andy Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:07 PM   #100
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 207
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Decided to order a 7950 and see how it works in the truggy
itbvolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:41 PM   #101
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
well if i set it at 0 on the trim before i put the servo horn on it should center straight but i goes the left when i press on the alum horn.

the teeth look fine on the horn and the servo.
That's not how it works bud. Every servo horn is different. Every vehicle is different. Every linkage is different, Etc... You have to adjust the trim to suit. That's not a centering problem, or a servo problem, or even a problem. User error.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:46 PM   #102
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
yea i will, send it out this week by the way have you ever had the screw come out of the steering servo i did no steering lol. i use locktite on the screw now.
Please DO NOT send your servo in. There is nothing wrong with it, you're just not using it properly.

The screw is an odd size, but not at all hard to find. You need a 2.6x8mm screw.

Here is a VERY cheap pack of 12. Probably last you a lifetime. No loctight needed.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Head-Screw-12
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:47 PM   #103
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arco View Post
This is the replacement screw.
That's actually not the right screw. It may work, but the size you really want is 2.6x8mm not 2.5.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:12 PM   #104
Tech Adept
 
Arco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jupiter, FL
Posts: 129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
That's actually not the right screw. It may work, but the size you really want is 2.6x8mm not 2.5.
They fit perfect, been using them with zero issues.
I bet they are identical other than a mistake on someones wrapper.
I'll add them to tomorrows order to see what's what.
__________________
OverdriveRC.com
"Promote and Support"
Arco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:16 PM   #105
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arco View Post
They fit perfect, been using them with zero issues.
I bet they are identical other than a mistake on someones wrapper.
I'll add them to tomorrows order to see what's what.
No, 2.5 and 2.6mm screws ARE different. Not by much, but they are different. I learned the hard way that it really is better to have a 2.6mm screw in Hitec servos. The 2.5's will work fine for awhile, but eventually they will start to back out on you if you don't use loctight.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
>>>NEW HPI Savage XL w/ Big Bores, JR 8711 steering servo and more.. JP116 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 70 04-21-2009 02:40 PM
I Need a Good Steering Servo insanewulf Nitro On-Road 52 12-22-2007 05:19 PM
steering servo whats the best on a budget? rltanner Nitro Off-Road 41 09-26-2007 05:06 PM
Best 1/8th scale steering servo?? cjaeckel Nitro Off-Road 39 06-15-2007 05:20 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:22 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net