Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whats with Proline Truggy Tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Glue my own tires hell no. I try to always always buy premoumts. Once in awhile I have a tire come unglued but I will forego the glue on my hands, table, shirt. Etc. I have to agree caliber truggy tires do not last long none main and they just done perform like when new but that's ok I just buy more. And Proline is releasing new tread patterns constantly just not always for truggys. I use whatever brand works for the track I am on sometimes Proline sometimes aka sometimes jconcepts. I really want subculture tires for the truggy but I don't see then anywhere.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by merdith6
you guys are making some great points. I race buggy, and still why is pro line coming out with new tires, and leaving the old foams in the tires that are already out. Changing them to blue so you get confused with the closed cells and the regular foams. Only three truggy tires, unacceptable....

I usually only buy one set of pro lines every now and then, and I glue them myself....I haven't tried the premounts, do they come unglued too. Geeeze. What's the deal.....

And if you want closed cell foams you have to buy tires, foams, and rims, and glue all seperatly. That's silly. Glue em up at the factory with closed cell foams like AKA..that don't come off. How hard could it be????

It seems hard to get the right tires for truggy. For example

The I beam is great in buggy, but in truggy they are too big and spaced apart..the cityblock seems to be more popular in truggy for that reason....

The revolvers in buggy are perfect, but in truggy they seem too small, depending on the track though.

I can totally see why yall are frustrated, and they come unbalanced during races, and so on...

and they cost more too...

Hopefully AKA will bring out some more treads. What about J concepts, are those good in truggy???

By the way Isn't it annoying when tires come unglued during a race....UGGghh....then you have to glue up a tire that looks terrible in the end...

i run the, aka city block premounts and they havnt came unglued on my truggy and if it does il just clean off the bead and rim. and use a dab of glue no big deal, and for the truggy tires being more money yea but they last quite a bit longer than buggy tires.

i might try the jconcepts truggy premounts.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I ran Pro-Line tires for many many years and I really like them. I prefer to glue the tires myself even if I hate that!

However, you're right about the tire choice for truggy. I hope they will make the new Bow-Fighter and Sniper available for truggy.

Caliber are on my truggy and they good tires for the tracks I race on. I still have an old set of Boe-Tie that I use once and a while but they pretty worn out.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Glue my own tires hell no. I try to always always buy premoumts. Once in awhile I have a tire come unglued but I will forego the glue on my hands, table, shirt. Etc. I have to agree caliber truggy tires do not last long none main and they just done perform like when new but that's ok I just buy more. And Proline is releasing new tread patterns constantly just not always for truggys. I use whatever brand works for the track I am on sometimes Proline sometimes aka sometimes jconcepts. I really want subculture tires for the truggy but I don't see then anywhere.
Sounds like someone needs to learn how to glue tires. Come on Frank! The shirt?? The table?? Must be using a lot of glue. Less is more when gluing tires. You don't need a lot of glue.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I will never trust JC premounts again. They are good shit, but the blue doesnt hold up, But the way I glue tires, It looks better then the premounts.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by BSchorr
I will never trust JC premounts again. They are good shit, but the blue doesnt hold up, But the way I glue tires, It looks better then the premounts.

well its, not that i can glue tires fine but i hate having to trim the foams to get the tire to fit right on the rims the bigger they are the harder it is.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSchorr
I must say you do glue tires up very pretty Ben.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Sounds like someone needs to learn how to glue tires. Come on Frank! The shirt?? The table?? Must be using a lot of glue. Less is more when gluing tires. You don't need a lot of glue.
I thought the rule was 1 bottle of glue per rim??
Old 08-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
I thought the rule was 1 bottle of glue per rim??
LMAO.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
LMAO.
It's not one per wheel side?
Old 08-29-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I just DUNK mine.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Frank you're killing me,

Really the shirt? The table I get as it "could" happen from time to time if you are in a hurry between heats. But the shirt? I gues may be if you learned how to glue your own you could beat Doogie. I was wondering when the real truth would come out. LOL.

Back to the thread,

I have been seeing some new tires in the works for Buggy and I hope some of the new tires will be made for Truggy. The PL Sniper and Bow Fighter ones would be nice for Truggy. Time will tell, but if the demand is there I bet some new Truggy tires will be out. Maybe X-Mas time? Remember the Worlds is this year so more new Buggy tires should be expected.

On Premounts? I have used them and some I like and some I don't. Usuallu depends on if I am being lazy that day or got a sweet deal on premounts, like 25 bucks a pair for Caliber VTR premounts. I think the best "premount" glue job I have found was on the old GRP buggy tires. Don't know what they used, but it almost never came apart. Now the rest of the tire/foam setup is another story
Old 08-29-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
well its, not that i can glue tires fine but i hate having to trim the foams to get the tire to fit right on the rims the bigger they are the harder it is.
Don't know when the last time you mounted up a set of tires were, but you don't need to trim the foams. You only needed to in 1:10 buggy and truck open cell foam.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:29 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by 8ight-racer
Don't know when the last time you mounted up a set of tires were, but you don't need to trim the foams. You only needed to in 1:10 buggy and truck open cell foam.

yea i did, have to do it with the 1/10 scale but also on the 1/8 foams the bead and, the sides where sticking out too much and not going on the rim right. i did it last year but i hate glueing tires anyways
Old 08-29-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I have to say I have yet to run a PL VTR tire in truggy.

AKA CityBlocks/Ibeams and JConcepts Sevens keep me covered.

I have a set of PL VTR Calibers that I've yet to run.

If JC comes out with Truggy Subcultures, I may never run PL again. I've just about gotten away from them in buggy too; but sometimes M3 is just THE compound on some clay tracks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.