Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spektrum Steering/break servo problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Tech Adept

Default Spektrum Steering/break servo problem

My servo (The stock one that came with the Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR) is messed up. It will move it is is moving in a constant motion but if it ever stops it will freeze up. so basicaly it can move if s already moving but if it stops even for a second it will stick or freeze up. Can anyone tell me what is wrong or give me some options on how to fix this?
Old 08-26-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Shadowhope
My servo (The stock one that came with the Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR) is messed up. It will move it is is moving in a constant motion but if it ever stops it will freeze up. so basicaly it can move if s already moving but if it stops even for a second it will stick or freeze up. Can anyone tell me what is wrong or give me some options on how to fix this?

i would say the, steering bellcrank bearings are dirty or the steering rack screws are too tight check the steering turnbuckle ball ends sometimes they can tigten up when they get dirty.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i would say the, steering bellcrank bearings are dirty or the steering rack screws are too tight check the steering turnbuckle ball ends sometimes they can tigten up when they get dirty.
well i took ff the v arm and the servo gear thats under the arm and i gotto the white plasticdear i cleaned all around that and tried and still was sticking so do i need to go inside the servo casing to clean in there?
Old 08-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Tech Prophet

well i took ff the v arm and the servo gear thats under the arm and i gotto the white plasticdear i cleaned all around that and tried and still was sticking so do i need to go inside the servo casing to clean in there?

yes clean inside of, the steering bellcranks too im guessing the rtr has a plastic bushings in the bellcranks i would defielty replace them with rubber seal bearings.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Adept

yes clean inside of, the steering bellcranks too im guessing the rtr has a plastic bushings in the bellcranks i would defielty replace them with rubber seal bearings.
lol im a noob so could you simplify that please haha
Old 08-26-2010, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Remove the servo horn form the servo. Check for free movement of the whole steering system. If that is not your problem than it's most likely electrical.

The RTR servos are sub-par and are known for dieing an early death in our 8th scales. You may have to invest in a new servo.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pyromania
Remove the servo horn form the servo. Check for free movement of the whole steering system. If that is not your problem than it's most likely electrical.

The RTR servos are sub-par and are known for dieing an early death in our 8th scales. You may have to invest in a new servo.
could you tel me a really good servo that would workwith a losi 8ight 2.0 1/8 scale and work with the SpektruM DX3S
Old 08-26-2010, 05:39 PM
cdc
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

could you tel me a really good servo that would workwith a losi 8ight 2.0 1/8 scale and work with the SpektruM DX3S
Hitec 7950th
Old 08-26-2010, 05:43 PM
Tech Prophet

it depends on, how much you want to spend i only spend at the most $100 to $110 well this might be a overkill but, im using a hitec 7954 sh that has 333 oz of torque and the speed isnt bad ethier on it its around $95.00 . now im running this on my truggy for the steering but it might me overkill for a buggy.

or look, at the orion servos for the steering on your buggy look on to amain or tower.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Adept

it depends on, how much you want to spend i only spend at the most $100 to $110 well this might be a overkill but, im using a hitec 7954 sh that has 333 oz of torque and the speed isnt bad ethier on it its around $95.00 . now im running this on my truggy for the steering but it might me overkill for a buggy.

or look, at the orion servos for the steering on your buggy look on to amain or tower.
y would it be over kill?
Old 08-26-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Prophet

y would it be over kill?

well its the, torque which means the muscle a servo has and on a buggy it might make the buggy hard to drive. im trying to explain it better somebody else on here will have something diffrent.

on a truggy since, there heavyier you need a lot of torque just to turn the tires .
when i did run, my buggy last year i ran a orion servo that had about 130 oz of torque at 6v thats about good enough or a 160 oz whould be perfect for the steering.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:02 PM
Tech Adept

well its the, torque which means the muscle a servo has and on a buggy it might make the buggy hard to drive. im trying to explain it better somebody else on here will have something diffrent.

on a truggy since, there heavyier you need a lot of torque just to turn the tires .
when i did run, my buggy last year i ran a orion servo that had about 130 oz of torque at 6v thats about good enough or a 160 oz whould be perfect for the steering.
so i probly need a 130- 160 oz. torque servo for my steering???/ do u know any good brands?
Old 08-26-2010, 06:05 PM
Tech Prophet

so i probly need a 130- 160 oz. torque servo for my steering???/ do u know any good brands?

yes at least, that much for the steering as for the brands futaba are good ive had good, luck with them orion servos and hitec servos not the regular diginal ones, they have the coreless diginal which center way better.

here you go

orion vortex vds-1007

Servo Specifications Dimensions 1.59x0.79x1.46"

Weight 1.85oz

Speed @6.0V 0.07 sec/60°

Torque @6.0V 138 oz/in

Bearings Dual

Type Standard

Gears Titanium & Aluminum

Case Aluminum

now it does, have a pretty fast reaction time so if your radio has a expo to turn it down use it if you dont like it.
Attached Thumbnails Spektrum Steering/break servo problem-ori68001.jpg  
Old 08-26-2010, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

yes at least, that much for the steering as for the brands futaba are good ive had good, luck with them orion servos and hitec servos not the regular diginal ones, they have the coreless diginal which center way better.
could you send a url to a good one?
Old 08-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Tech Prophet

could you send a url to a good one?

its one my previous post above.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.