R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Proline Bulldog body (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/428530-proline-bulldog-body.html)

Loweredram 08-24-2010 12:32 PM

Proline Bulldog body

Has anyone used the proline bull dog body? I'm getting it I like how it looks but I'm a little leary of the claims. Just wondering if there just trying to sell items by hype. Thanks

•Advanced cab forward design generates unmatched off-power steering
•Exposed cylinder head stabilizes engine temps
•Flattened rear deck feeds wing with clean air flow
•Made from durable / genuine .040 Lexan®
•Super-low styling giving your Mugen MBX-6 the lowest center of gravity (CG) possible

guntek18 08-24-2010 12:41 PM

I have one on one of my my D8T's ,
I'D AGREE WITH 3 AND 4.

REALLY IT JUST LOOKS GOOD.:rolleyes:

Frank L 08-24-2010 01:26 PM

I just like the way they look on my losi. The buggy body is great. The truggy body is ok but they should last longer than the stock bodies. The performance upgrades I don't think I'm skilled enough to notice. I like them because they are different.

tc5 man 08-24-2010 01:49 PM

1. i think that it will make your engine run cooler because there is more air blowing on it.

2. it might, make jumping better espially when its a windy day and theres more air flow going onto the wing.

and for, everything else i dont think any of us club racers will even notice.

Loweredram 08-24-2010 02:54 PM

Proline wing

Is anyone running the Proline High downforce wing? That looks like it could really help with keeping the rear planted.

ecpete 08-24-2010 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Loweredram (Post 7849840)
Is anyone running the Proline High downforce wing? That looks like it could really help with keeping the rear planted.

I use the Proline wing on my truggy and it works well. :nod: I ran the Bulldog body on my buggy....IMO, I just hate the way it looks.

Frank L 08-24-2010 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Loweredram (Post 7849840)

I tried them and I personally dont like them. I have 2 practically new with wraps is anyone is interested.

smokinu 08-24-2010 03:10 PM

i see you frankie! you cant hide anymore! :lol:

Frank L 08-24-2010 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by smokinu (Post 7849915)
i see you frankie! you cant hide anymore! :lol:

Smoke where you been. And you know me I have not been hiding.

Slider30250 08-24-2010 03:12 PM

The Bulldog body does help a lot with the engine cooling, one downside to the body that I've noticed is if you run a D+E tank pull on the truggy body you could have your tank lid pulled open if you flip over and slide on your lid due to the design of the "hood" and windshield area. The losi 2.0T tank pull works well and is not prone to pulling the tank open. I had that happen a couple of times and ran out of fuel during a run. It's not a reason to not run the body but it is something to watch out for.

plack75 08-24-2010 03:25 PM

i have te bulldog for the 2.0 and the thing only lasted about 6 races.. the front cracked completly by the mounting hole so I cant clip it down..the windows are coming apart at the seams..and there is a crack by the fuel window.. great look poor quality.. im giving the jc punisher a shot this time

Frank L 08-24-2010 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Slider30250 (Post 7849926)
The Bulldog body does help a lot with the engine cooling, one downside to the body that I've noticed is if you run a D+E tank pull on the truggy body you could have your tank lid pulled open if you flip over and slide on your lid due to the design of the "hood" and windshield area. The losi 2.0T tank pull works well and is not prone to pulling the tank open. I had that happen a couple of times and ran out of fuel during a run. It's not a reason to not run the body but it is something to watch out for.

When losinwent to the 2.0t body I had all kinds of issues with the tank pulling open. I like to drive on my lid haha. Since I use the losi pull that dosent happen any more. I still drive on my lid but I don't lose any fuel.

smokinu 08-24-2010 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Frank L (Post 7849920)
Smoke where you been. And you know me I have not been hiding.

converting to electric!

i dont hang out in the nitro forum no more! :lol:

Frank L 08-24-2010 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by smokinu (Post 7850151)
converting to electric!

i dont hang out in the nitro forum no more! :lol:

I have some E cars but nothing satisfies like the sound of a well tuned nitro car.

smokinu 08-24-2010 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Frank L (Post 7850157)
I have some E cars but nothing satisfies like the sound of a well tuned nitro car.

my hyper 4x4 sc and my OD is being converted as we type lol