R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-17-2011, 07:13 AM   #106
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Im 35 now and used to race mx and do long desert races on quads.. I just recently got into rc racing and love it! In fact, I have my last quad up for sale now locally, a 1989 Honda TRX 250R (a $17,000 bike) I get the same rush out of rc racing as I do from any other type of racing, but, when my 2.0 truggy crashes, im not on it! Works for me! My bones just don't heal like they used to..
My last crash was during a 100 mile desert race. It was me and 3 other guys, we were pretty much side by side and starting to funnel into this narrow space inbetween two big burms, it was either slow down and loose my spot, or hit the burm on my side which was about 7' tall.. Well, I hit that burm at max mph and made my pass mid air, and when I landed it was pure ugly lol! My left front shock mount broke right off of the frame causing the handle bars to turn left which shoved the left handle grip right into by ribs fracturing 2 and breaking 1.. The broken rib got shoved right into my spleen damn near cutting it in half.. Right after that, the bike begins flipping too! So, I ended up with 2 fractured ribs, 1 broken rib, sheered spleen, 2 fractured wrists, and a consussion, and I was wearing full gear!
My helmet was cracked, chest protector was shreadded on both sides, both knee protectors were blown out (but did their job) too... I was bleeding internally so bad that the complection of my face was lime green in color.. I was 29 at the time and never really raced competitively again.. Since then, ive had this huge gaping hole that ive been able to fill recently with rc racing, just had my first race 2 weekends ago and finished 3rd in the a-main.. There comes a time in a mans life when he truely does have to make a decision, and that decision really does have to favor safety! Hell, I also just put my crotch rocket up for sale too! I saw a fatal motorcycle accident a couple of weeks ago and just got to thinking, I don't want my wife and daughter getting that call..

Losi 8T 2.0, ClockWorkRacing O.S. 25XZ, S&W fuel.....
abqNitro is offline   Reply With Quote