R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-25-2010, 08:05 AM   #46
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i raced with justin back in the day in district 34 and metropolitan sports committee (msc), he was stupid fast even as a kid riding the little 50's
K-Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:18 AM   #47
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to CHogle

i remember racing rc with Charlie "Runaway" Dunaway. he was stupid fast on a bike till he got hurt. then he got an 1/8th buggy and was stupid fast again. we had some epic main's back and forth mains in buggy. i have not see him around latley tho..
Old 08-25-2010, 08:49 AM   #48
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I shatterd my left wrist and broke my right forearm clean back in 94 racing SX in Naples. Picked up an RC10T while I was healing. Sold the bike and stayed with RC for the next 16 years. Taken a break here and there to ride some Hare Scrambles for a season or so and raced a shifter kart for a year (BEST TOY EVAR ). Always end up back with a transmitter in my hand somehow thou.

I live a rural area in South FL and this bastard has built a sweet outdoor MX track on a 10 acre parcel across the street from my house.

That's like putting a meth lab in a tweakers front yard and telling him he can look but dont touch
rdeppen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:50 AM   #49
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

anybody want to trade a massive pile of RC stuff for decent 2 stroke 250???
rdeppen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:37 AM   #50
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeppen View Post

That's like putting a meth lab in a tweakers front yard and telling him he can look but dont touch

that would suck. luckly i will always have a track to ride aslong as my dad still owns his lot. so when i get my moto itch i will still be able to ride. now i just need to talk him into lettin me build an RC track out there to..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeppen View Post
anybody want to trade a massive pile of RC stuff for decent 2 stroke 250???
sell it and use the money to buy stuff....
---Xray, RC America, Pro-Line Racing, FX Royal, Hudy, KO Propo, 92zero Designs, Vision Racing Products, RW-Mods, Team Loosenuts, forddesigns.net--- Big Thanks to: Wheel Brokers Track and Shop, Pine City MN~ "Stompy"
rider313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:09 AM   #51
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I guess im doing ot a little backwards. I had a dirt bike when i was younger but once i started driving it got parked. I've been racing R/C's for about 3 years now and find my self searching craiglist often for a dirt bike.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:19 AM   #52
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel Racing View Post
.....Most of the local guys that I know that come from racing MX do seem to prefer the 1/8th classes......
And who would those local guys be Mr. James? The guy in the wheelchair from racing MX, or the guy with one leg from racing MX?
fullsyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:01 AM   #53
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullsyzz View Post
And who would those local guys be Mr. James? The guy in the wheelchair from racing MX, or the guy with one leg from racing MX?
thats messed up
Old 08-25-2010, 11:18 AM   #54
Tech Master

I'm the local dude in the wheelchair as a result from racing MX and our homie is the other local guy that lost his leg racing MX If you think that's messed up, you should hear the comments on the drivers stand come race day.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:56 PM   #55
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoGod View Post
I have the same feelings steve! It's not as fulfilling as moto, but man o man it's as close as you can get without the ambulance rides after a wreck! The pits and people remind me of moto as much as the racing does, so I kind of fell into the sport with relative ease....feels like one big family at my local track for sure.

I do miss the series travel a bit though, but next season I might run the NC State Series to get that feeling back. Nothing like driving 4+ hours to get to the track while getting stuck in traffic and panicking the whole way thinking you will miss your moto. haha Gets you ramped up for the day in a hurry!
HaHa motogod, Ya know out here in NorCal we have a outdoor series going and we have actually traveled 4hrs to one race and 2 1/2 to another. But I hear ya on traveling around the states for moto events. Definately good stuff

Henchman racing
DX4R
steve307b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:57 PM   #56
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Quote:
I'm the local dude in the wheelchair as a result from racing MX and our homie is the other local guy that lost his leg racing MX If you think that's messed up, you should hear the comments on the drivers stand come race day.
i am sorry to hear that you are in a wheelchair and that your buddy lost his leg do to moto. it seems that you two make the best of it. As for me i am on day 10 of of 2.5 months worth of crutches. and only being out of the hospital three days now i have completely torn down my RC8T and cleaned and refilled everything, now i just need to find something to do for the next 65 days. My buddy said he might take me out to the test track for some rc practice. i cant wait.
---Xray, RC America, Pro-Line Racing, FX Royal, Hudy, KO Propo, 92zero Designs, Vision Racing Products, RW-Mods, Team Loosenuts, forddesigns.net--- Big Thanks to: Wheel Brokers Track and Shop, Pine City MN~ "Stompy"
rider313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:18 PM   #57
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Killer thread, I raced for 10 years, even ran a few Arena Cross races even though I sucked. Like everyone else, getting too old and too many injuries. I lived down the road from Kevin Windham and used to ride with him all the time when he was home. I got to meet a lot of big name pros over at Kevins. It was pretty cool to roll up his driveway and see a Semi in his driveway.
It seems like MX and RC is a natural progression, it requires some of the same mindset with far less injuries.

I know Jeff Alessi is pretty serious in RC racing and post here frequently during the off season. I've talked to him a couple of times here.
pickle311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:42 PM   #58
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider313 View Post
i am sorry to hear that you are in a wheelchair.....
Don't be sorry. Chicks dig it, I get good parking, and I don't have to wait in line at DMV.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:13 PM   #59
Tech Adept

Oh man I'm sorry I thought you were saying that as joke but I'm glad to here that the chicks dig it. Lol
Old 08-25-2010, 08:26 PM   #60
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
I race with a buddy who lost a leg from a motorcycle crash i beleave. Hes a awsome guy and drives super smooth. Hes really cool and lay back.

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote