Wiki Posts
Search

decent club racing motor??

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
its the same persentage oil as byrons fuel ? i guess the ebmods website is lying then. i might me racing, this sunday and i did finally get my engine running better than it was so i will see how fast it is .

yea it does cost more, than byrons fuel but the main building is in pa and a lot of guys run it at my track. i just hate to competly retune a engine to run 30 % .
i never said they are the same oil content, i was saying they are almost the same, meaning you wont have to re-tune but maybe an hour or two on top at most.

also switching to 30%, you wont have to completely re-tune, ive switch back and forth and when i went from 20 to 30 i had to lean the top and bottom out 3 hours and i was done. you should try it, the engine will be SO much better and way faster. you are missing so much power out of that RB S5, that engine can hang with almost everything. i think youll like the engine way more and all... also what plug you running in that engine? you said you were having trouble tuning it, you wouldnt be running an RB plug would you?
Old 08-23-2010, 09:16 PM
cdc
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

RBs run alot better with 30%.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
i never said they are the same oil content, i was saying they are almost the same, meaning you wont have to re-tune but maybe an hour or two on top at most.

also switching to 30%, you wont have to completely re-tune, ive switch back and forth and when i went from 20 to 30 i had to lean the top and bottom out 3 hours and i was done. you should try it, the engine will be SO much better and way faster. you are missing so much power out of that RB S5, that engine can hang with almost everything.

ok so you had to lean the top and botom end to out 3 turns ?
im just going, to burn the 20% off so i dont have a gallon laying around.

i only have about 2 mouths of racing left anyways.

i was kind of catching up, with the other truggy drivers with the 20% but with the new plug i was running a lot better i was passing guys in the corners and on the straights.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by cdc
RBs run alot better with 30%.

i know you told me before lol.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Frank L
I don't quite understand why guys will practice with a different engine than they run on race day? Dosent this make practice off? The car will handle different and respond different almost like it's 2 different cars? What's the point?
+1 maybe for seat time
Old 08-24-2010, 06:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

i went down a tooth....
Don't the gearing all depend on were the power band is of the motor? Like if you have a motor with a lot of power down low gear up a tooth as it can pull it better. And if you have a motor like a 7 port gear down a tooth to get to the power band faster and easier.
Of coarse this all depends on the track and conditions too.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

The 3 port will surprise you. It gives up a little on top but not as much as you might think.. I'd race one and do really well. It's a very good engine and for the money I would say it's awesome.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

ok so you had to lean the top and botom end to out 3 turns ?
im just going, to burn the 20% off so i dont have a gallon laying around.

i only have about 2 mouths of racing left anyways.

i was kind of catching up, with the other truggy drivers with the 20% but with the new plug i was running a lot better i was passing guys in the corners and on the straights.
yeah just had to lean both. also running 20% the tune was harder and the bottom was VERY weak.

but what plugs do you run?
Old 08-24-2010, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NitroFreak2
Don't the gearing all depend on were the power band is of the motor? Like if you have a motor with a lot of power down low gear up a tooth as it can pull it better. And if you have a motor like a 7 port gear down a tooth to get to the power band faster and easier.
Of coarse this all depends on the track and conditions too.
yes sir. but most people go up a tooth on these Novas but i had to go down. i like alot of bottom though. i even ran 1.1 springs. same with the Alpha engines, the green head engine i went down a tooth and ran 1.1 springs just to get the snap i wanted. i never go up a tooth, i either go down a tooth for tighter tracks or run stock gearing for long tracks.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Prophet

yeah just had to lean both. also running 20% the tune was harder and the bottom was VERY weak.

but what plugs do you run?

yea it is harder to lean, the bottom with 20 % but im still messing around with my clutch spring setups . and going to try a shorter header for now also . the top end pretty fast but i can lean it out more im only on my second gallon still.

im running a meduim 100# o donnell plug do you think i should try a hotter plug ?
Old 08-24-2010, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

yea it is harder to lean, the bottom with 20 % but im still messing around with my clutch spring setups . and going to try a shorter header for now also . the top end pretty fast but i can lean it out more im only on my second gallon still.

im running a meduim 100# o donnell plug do you think i should try a hotter plug ?
RB guys correct me if im wrong, but i think an OS #8 plug will be alot better.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Prophet

RB guys correct me if im wrong, but i think an OS #8 plug will be alot better.
thats a meduim plug, though just like im using does it seal better or something ?
i might try a, hotter odonnell plug i just get the odonnell plugs because they are a lot cheaper.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

OS plugs are shorter. They do work but I would rather use Odonnell plugs or Nova Rossi plugs. I think it's the Nova Rossi #6 I usually use. It's a grey package. I wouldn't mind trying the Odonnell 100 plug.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Adept

I ran a Nova N21BF with 20% nitro, 053 pipe set, and a McCoy MC-59 plug for almost a year in my Jammin X2 CRT. Have over 8 gallons on it and have transferred it to my D8. She is still running strong.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Chris Reilly
OS plugs are shorter. They do work but I would rather use Odonnell plugs or Nova Rossi plugs. I think it's the Nova Rossi #6 I usually use. It's a grey package. I wouldn't mind trying the Odonnell 100 plug.

the #100 odonnell plugs, are good just dont tune your engine too rich on the low end because the coils in the plug will go bad in no time.

hence thats proberty why there cheaper.
but the odonnell plugs, give a great constant idle but im going to try a hotter plug with my 20% too see if i get more punch .

it should burn better with a hotter plug.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.