At first I was like, "squeeze the trigger, partner!"... half speed

cool
FTGT/ MT12
BLitZ/ Castle SCT
R/C Lidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:34 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to NitroFreakManHo Send a message via Skype™ to NitroFreakManHo

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/C Lidz View Post
cool stuff! .

At first I was like, "squeeze the trigger, partner!"... half speed

cool
lol..I had to render it at half speed to retain my 60fps frame rate..and then edit it back to regular speed, all to maintain a high res file that uses up very little space ( just over 100mb)
**M2C**Hitec 7955TG Servos**Buku Clutch
www.apaarchery.com www.skoffroad.ca www.youtube.com/nitrofreakmanho
NitroFreakManHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:04 AM   #18
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Awesome vid. I like the punt right at the end lol!
DezSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:29 AM   #19
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo View Post
lol..I had to render it at half speed to retain my 60fps frame rate..and then edit it back to regular speed, all to maintain a high res file that uses up very little space ( just over 100mb)
Cool vid Nid ... as always ... I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this (see quote) ... is this a cam related issue? Or a Mac/Final Cut thing?

I am kinda bored with my editting software (Pinnacle Studio 14HD) these days ... it's just kinda entry level IMO ... but to take over the wife's Mac would be a problem and my system's 12GB of ram and i7 processor likes to play with vid (so Final Cut is not an option) ... only other option I know of is Sony Vegas ... one of these days I will give it a go

Also just started looking at super slow mo with AVISYNTH and VirtualDub but havent jumped into it yet ... wish we lived in the same place ... It would be cool to collaborate at the track ... and nice to have more than one guy to hold the cam LOL ... you need to bring both cams and put multiple angles together in one project ... you do awesome work my friend
Jed the Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:35 AM   #20
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Nid that is the coolest onboard video I have ever seen...it looks amazing in the SC truck ! awesome job dude...I just wish there was more full speed video !
Old 08-28-2010, 09:17 AM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to NitroFreakManHo Send a message via Skype™ to NitroFreakManHo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezSlash View Post
Awesome vid. I like the punt right at the end lol!
LOL, thanks. That punt wasn't part of the plan..I was still accelerating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed the Geezer View Post
Cool vid Nid ... as always ... I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this (see quote) ... is this a cam related issue? Or a Mac/Final Cut thing?

I am kinda bored with my editting software (Pinnacle Studio 14HD) these days ... it's just kinda entry level IMO ... but to take over the wife's Mac would be a problem and my system's 12GB of ram and i7 processor likes to play with vid (so Final Cut is not an option) ... only other option I know of is Sony Vegas ... one of these days I will give it a go

Also just started looking at super slow mo with AVISYNTH and VirtualDub but havent jumped into it yet ... wish we lived in the same place ... It would be cool to collaborate at the track ... and nice to have more than one guy to hold the cam LOL ... you need to bring both cams and put multiple angles together in one project ... you do awesome work my friend
I'm still using iMovie HD to edit. I have Final Cut, but I'm intimidated every time I open it and don't know where to start, so I leave it alone..for now.

iMovie's intermediate file type is AIC, at 30fps, so when I record a video at 720p/60fps and import it into iMovie, it reduces my frame rate to 30fps, defeating the whole purpose of recording at 60fps. So basically, I found out that there's a free app called JES Deinterlacer that allows me to maintain my frame rate by rendering it at half-speed in the AIC format.

The output file when played back, plays at have speed, in essence preserving all the frames of the 60fps video. After importing to iMovie ( which takes no time because the file is iMovie's intermediate file type ), I double the speed of the video bringing it back to regular ( 1.0X ) speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Nid that is the coolest onboard video I have ever seen...it looks amazing in the SC truck ! awesome job dude...I just wish there was more full speed video !
...I think I have footage of me driving alone and not holding back like I did in this vid ( I wanted to keep the Mugen in the lens ), I'll post it when I get a chance.
**M2C**Hitec 7955TG Servos**Buku Clutch
www.apaarchery.com www.skoffroad.ca www.youtube.com/nitrofreakmanho
NitroFreakManHo is offline   Reply With Quote