R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-22-2010, 06:11 AM   #1
Tech Addict

Default Maintaining a Motor

Hello there,

I bought a Kyosho DST a month ago, my first nitro off-road, its got a GXR18 motor, unfortunatly i crashed it 2 weeks after i bought it ( ) and it broke a few parts, ( replaced them ), and i had to change the piston and sleeve in the motor, my question is, because i dont want to spend more money on crash's, how do you guys maintain your nitro motor ? Iv'e read that people use " afterfun oil " or something else, but how do you keep it running or what do you do if your not going to use it for a few weeks ?

Thank you in advance
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:28 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone speed View Post
Hello there,

I bought a Kyosho DST a month ago, my first nitro off-road, its got a GXR18 motor, unfortunatly i crashed it 2 weeks after i bought it ( ) and it broke a few parts, ( replaced them ), and i had to change the piston and sleeve in the motor, my question is, because i dont want to spend more money on crash's, how do you guys maintain your nitro motor ? Iv'e read that people use " afterfun oil " or something else, but how do you keep it running or what do you do if your not going to use it for a few weeks ?

Thank you in advance
LoL but if you crash the car can break it sounds like you were blaming the car but if you dont charge and change the batteries it can run away in full throttle and blow the engine. Now how to keep ur engine running good is proper break in and after run oil if needed. I never use after run oil and if your not ganna run your car for a few weeks or a week I would dump all fuel out of the tank and then start the car up so all fuel will run out of the lines and engine preventing them to gum up then last step is always after running is put ur piston to "BDC" bottom dead center. You do this by turning the fly whhel and its easy to tell "BDC" because "TDC" has most compression ant "BDC" has least. What that does is when the engine is running the metals expand in the engine and when cooled they shrink and will make the engine last longer. Always do all this after running and when the day is over i preer to get all fuel out aswell unless your ganna run the next day again. The engine dont need much maitnence other than tuning and clutch replacement over time but thats basically it.

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote