R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-21-2010, 02:03 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do-Over View Post
My spur doesn't look bad but my clutch bell is starting to get sharp teeth on it. I also had some shoe problems that caused it to heat discolor early on I think I should probably just buy a new one. It came on the RTR and I'm pretty sure it isn't as hard as some of the nicer ones. I'm running King Headz hard aluminum shoes now instead of the carbon ones that came in the RTR. Should I switch to a harder clutch bell while I'm at it? Thanks in advance. I hate to hijack the thread but this seems to kinda fit the scheme here.
i highly recommend the Ascendancy Racing stuff. it last longer than anything ive tried. same goes for the Clutch setup. im getting 3+ gallons on the shoes and getting about two gallons on the springs. the Clutch bells are awesome and dont wear for a good while. but replace the Clutch bell if the teeth are getting sharp because if you dont it will end up ruining your spur and you will have problems setting the mesh too.

http://www.championrc.com/catalog/En...cendancyRacing
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:57 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Tear off a small piece of binder paper, place it between the clutch bell and spur gear while the engine is loose (moved away from spur gear), then push the engine/clutch bell into position so the piece of paper is pressed between the spur gear and the clutch bell gear. Tighten your engine down using blue loctite on the screws and you should be good. Make sure to tighten the screws in a diagonal pattern, one from the left, one from the right, so on. Use an L-wrench if you have to in order to get enough torque. Then remove the piece of paper and you should have a pretty solid clutch/spur mesh.
AZRC4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 04:06 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Ill look into the Ascedancy gear Jmax. I did take a brief look at it when I saw your first post and it looks high quality. I've been wanting to try a 4 shoe anyway so I'll probably try that or the M2C variable weight. I need so much stuff for this truck it seems I can never keep up but I guess thats just the nature of the hobby!

AZRC
Thanks for the mesh lesson I'll try that and see if I can get it working till I get a new bell in. That was what I wanted was a how to on it.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:15 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do-Over View Post
Ill look into the Ascedancy gear Jmax. I did take a brief look at it when I saw your first post and it looks high quality. I've been wanting to try a 4 shoe anyway so I'll probably try that or the M2C variable weight. I need so much stuff for this truck it seems I can never keep up but I guess thats just the nature of the hobby!

AZRC
Thanks for the mesh lesson I'll try that and see if I can get it working till I get a new bell in. That was what I wanted was a how to on it.
i tried the M2C clutch and it was ok, i liked it but they just dont last quite as long. but either one is good. just depends on what you want.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote