R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-19-2010, 09:07 AM   #61
Tech Addict

EBMods has been in business longer than any of the other Modding Companies listed. In fact most other Modders have bought and owed EBMods engines way before they ever started their own company.
Some are just copying what I was doing back in 2003-2006 before advancing my testing procedure and eliminating theories that didn't work with practical ones that did. Now with that being said, I would stick to a company that has the proper testing equipment and can offer scientific data to back the claims they make.

I like the old saying "A Dyno Don't Win Races" , that's BS and the easiest cop-out to not invest in proper equipment, because when used "properly" the Dyno can and will help the engine builder tune that engine to win THAT race...

I was unique in the name selection for EBMods, I thought about EB Racing but figured that was to close to "JP Racing" and I wanted to be different. If only the other **Mods companies could of tried to be more unique in name selection.
EBMods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:16 AM   #62
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Ouch
Old 08-19-2010, 09:30 AM   #63
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapper View Post
Ed Bridges over at EB Mods is a name I'm hearing more and more. As a matter of fact he ran with us this weekend and I should've gone over and talked to him.
Yes, you should of come over and at the least said Hi. Not sure if you seen the results, but EBMods Fuel along with JS Racing engines won both Pro Buggy, Pro Truggy. Along with a win in Open Buggy and a 2nd place in Open Truggy.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:39 AM   #64
Tech Addict

Modding engines for offroad racing is different then modding for drag racing, onroad racing, or dirt oval racing. Offroad racers want good usable power, runtime, reliablity, and engine lifespan. I like to get that happy balance between them all....
Old 08-19-2010, 09:53 AM   #65
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default reply

I think it all comes down to personal preference with modified motors thats for sure, I have had two modded motors that i also owned stock engines at the same time and used the stock motors for practice, smaller club events and used the modded engines for the bigger events and can say that there is a huge difference between the modded motor and the stock motor when racing.

Both the modded jammin jpx 21 & jammin jpx 21 plus modded engines had better power supply and longer run time over the stock engines, each engine was run with the same pipe combo yet the modded jpx 21 plus got 2 minutes more run time per tank of fuel and the jpx 21 got a little less, closer to 1 1/2 minutes more run time over stock.

With this extra run time i was able to run 10 minute heats at bigger events with out fuel stops where other drivers where having to make that pit stop giving me the advantage each time, add the fact that the extra power allows you to run down other engines in the straight and the modded engine is worth its weight in gold.

I would never go back to a stock engine unless it could provide the same power and same run time in any future engine choices, the hard part is finding the right engine modder that you trust with your hard earned cash as there are so many to choose from and each one provides a great service to the average racer & basher thats for sure.

- Sam's Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/savagexsam -
savagesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:21 AM   #66
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBMods View Post
EBMods has been in business longer than any of the other Modding Companies listed. In fact most other Modders have bought and owed EBMods engines way before they ever started their own company.
Some are just copying what I was doing back in 2003-2006 before advancing my testing procedure and eliminating theories that didn't work with practical ones that did. Now with that being said, I would stick to a company that has the proper testing equipment and can offer scientific data to back the claims they make.

I like the old saying "A Dyno Don't Win Races" , that's BS and the easiest cop-out to not invest in proper equipment, because when used "properly" the Dyno can and will help the engine builder tune that engine to win THAT race...

I was unique in the name selection for EBMods, I thought about EB Racing but figured that was to close to "JP Racing" and I wanted to be different. If only the other **Mods companies could of tried to be more unique in name selection.

thats cool on the wins , you got but i still think its all about the driver reguardless espially for a avearge joe driver like me. if you cant handle the extra power you will just wreck.

thanks for the break in service on my rb s5 by the way.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:30 AM   #67
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
Once again , the nova team driver engines are riveted to insure that the engine is not taken apart and modified in anyway!!! There were issues with this some years back . There might be a part or two being tested inside those engines but they are not what you would consider "modified" , I don't know why but I hate that word
well i was meant to say test engines... from what another factory driver said... sorry for using that forbidden word
kgombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:33 AM   #68
Tech Elite

well i dont know how long EB has been modding engines.. i know 1 of those guys listed has been doing it for at least 15 years.. thats when i started reading up on it.....
Old 08-19-2010, 11:40 AM   #69
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgombe View Post
well i dont know how long EB has been modding engines.. i know 1 of those guys listed has been doing it for at least 15 years.. thats when i started reading up on it.....
I know your not refering to Rick,, because he bought engines and service's from me back in 2003 and wanted to be a EBMods Team Driver. Even leaving positive feedback on Ebay on my EBMods name He really LOVED those EBMods Picco .26's....
Old 08-19-2010, 11:41 AM   #70
Tech Elite

Quote:

just read this last part... oh boy.. some ones not happy
Old 08-19-2010, 11:44 AM   #71
Tech Elite

Quote:
I know your not refering to Rick,, because he bought engines and service's from me back in 2003 and wanted to be a EBMods Team Driver. Even leaving positive feedback on Ebay on my EBMods name He really LOVED those EBMods Picco .26's....
ummhh ok... .. calm down dude..... whom i am talking about is not mentioned in my post for this same reason....
Old 08-19-2010, 11:44 AM   #72
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
thats cool on the wins , you got but i still think its all about the driver reguardless espially for a avearge joe driver like me. if you cant handle the extra power you will just wreck.

thanks for the break in service on my rb s5 by the way.
Not sure who you are, but Thank You Very Much for using my break-in service.

There was A LOT of fast guys at the RCP race, it just happens the EBMods drivers were faster
Old 08-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #73
Tech Elite

Friend's raced for OS and they had engines given to them at the worlds. Something that wasn't available anywhere or any other time. It was way different than stock. You never know what is inside the case.

I would think Nova Rossi also rivets the back plate so no one can see what is done to it.
Chris Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:47 AM   #74
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgombe View Post
ummhh ok... .. calm down dude..... whom i am talking about is not mentioned in my post for this same reason....
Calm as a bomb Just sharing some facts with you.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:50 AM   #75
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Not sure who you are, but Thank You Very Much for using my break-in service.

There was A LOT of fast guys at the RCP race, it just happens the EBMods drivers were faster

its kenny j you havnt seen me in person.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote