R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-18-2010, 06:02 PM   #16
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
seems to me that they all pretty much follow the same formula. I ended up going with the best customer service, from a really nice guy that is super knowledgable and really likes what he is doing (neal from clockworks). You can never ask him to many questions and he is always willing to help in any way.

Haven't run my jpx yet but can't wait!

Losi racer, that is the first mummed attitude i have ever seen about a clockwork engine. Not saying anything bad about that at all. I will never run a plus 4 from what i have seen. Yeah, people say i am nutts.
+4 are great in buggys, i used to run only +4 but i moved cause i wanted more bottom in my truggy, i can see where your coming from. im not saying bad about clockwork please dont say i am. im saying bad about the engine, even with his mod IMO it doesnt wake the engine up. i explained in the pm u sent me.

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:20 PM   #17
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
not nocking neal at all but ive seen that engine in person, unless your running it lean it actually isnt that great of an engine IMO.

are u looking for a mod for 300 or mod and enigne for 300
Hold on there sonny !! nothing like shooting the entire herd for one lazy cow ! LOL ...

I know who's engine your referring to, and I know he has been having some issues with it, I believe he actually has something mechanically wrong with the engine.. bad o-ring, low compression, bad front bearing, loose o-ring etc. etc....Unfortunately unless I get the engine in my own hands there isn't much I can do to help him.....However his engine is by no means how the 75 or so I have running around have been running..unfortunately you have seen one of my modified JL's with something going wrong...Not much more i can say other then hopefully I get his engine back here and we can find out what the problem is.... These are nitro engine, and from time to time something can go wrong, and that applies to em all, modded stock, Italian or Taiwanese ! Other guys with the exact same engine are saying it is the easiest to tune, hardest running engine they have ever owned.......
Old 08-18-2010, 06:22 PM   #18
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

those dang modded engines get ya in trouble every time!!
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:26 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
+4 are great in buggys, i used to run only +4 but i moved cause i wanted more bottom in my truggy, i can see where your coming from. im not saying bad about clockwork please dont say i am. im saying bad about the engine, even with his mod IMO it doesnt wake the engine up. i explained in the pm u sent me.
Don't worry, i would never, in anyway chalenge your character as a person! I know better. Your one of the good guys Heck we all are.

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:28 PM   #20
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Hold on there sonny !! nothing like shooting the entire herd for one lazy cow ! LOL ...

I know who's engine your referring to, and I know he has been having some issues with it, I believe he actually has something mechanically wrong with the engine.. bad o-ring, low compression, bad front bearing, loose o-ring etc. etc....Unfortunately unless I get the engine in my own hands there isn't much I can do to help him.....However his engine is by no means how the 75 or so I have running around have been running..unfortunately you have seen one of my modified JL's with something going wrong...Not much more i can say other then hopefully I get his engine back here and we can find out what the problem is.... These are nitro engine, and from time to time something can go wrong, and that applies to em all, modded stock, Italian or Taiwanese ! Other guys with the exact same engine are saying it is the easiest to tune, hardest running engine they have ever owned.......

Neal, please dont take this the wrong way, i did not mean anything by it, my posts were aimed at the engine it self not your modding, i personally dont believe in modded engines for racing but a lot of ppl do. Its unfortunate that his engine is messed up, maybe i can try it again if its fixed. i knew nothing about his engine being messed up, when i ran it the thing had not much fuel thru it but was raced tuned and broken in, if something went wrong that fast then so be it then my opinion shouldn't count . Like i said Neal, im not trying to bad mouth you or your modding in anyway

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:39 PM   #21
Tech Apprentice

Can't comment on the other companies ... but I can say first hand that Neal stands behind his work and has some awesome modded engines at great prices ... I own a CRE Jammin JPX.21 and a CRE Werks B6 and I love them both
Jed the Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:45 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

simple answer. CLOCKWORK He mods just as good as the others for a great price and he is one of teh best rc sales person ive ever delt with!
rcdude236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:01 PM   #23
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Neal, please dont take this the wrong way, i did not mean anything by it, my posts were aimed at the engine it self not your modding, i personally dont believe in modded engines for racing but a lot of ppl do. Its unfortunate that his engine is messed up, maybe i can try it again if its fixed. i knew nothing about his engine being messed up, when i ran it the thing had not much fuel thru it but was raced tuned and broken in, if something went wrong that fast then so be it then my opinion shouldn't count . Like i said Neal, im not trying to bad mouth you or your modding in anyway
The issue is he's never been able to get a proper tune on it.... When you drove it the thing was struggling to hit 7 minutes LOL ! running Torco fuel and a OD 97.... 2 things we later found the JL does not like ! then after that it was a fuel tankl lid, then a unscrewed high speed needle stack, now it may be a loose o-ring IDK ! LOL either way his engine is seem to be the ugly duckling....Due to the JL having a odd sized carb he has been unable to test any other carbs, and since he has no spare o-rings he's been unable to change any of them... So int he end there is something there thats causing the poor guy issues, chances are it is something very very simple, but unfortunately those kinds of issues will not fix themselves !

By no means did I take insult, it is what it is ! i mean if we judged every engine by a single poor running individual there would be no more good engines to run.... Unfortunately these nitro engines can be quite sensitive and it doesn't take much to throw them off...
Old 08-18-2010, 07:04 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

honestly stick to who does best with that engine manufactorer. i no ed bridges does well with a lot of different engines (os ninja go js trinity xtech engines to name a few) then houston works well with novarossa and maximo with werks and picco-picco based engines. i guess im saying dont have just someone mod some engine u get, if u get a nova then houston in my opinion of reading what everyone says seems to work really well with that brand n can be more accurate in his modding. n if u get an os get ed to dial it in he was a guru with alot of brands n now does his own engines n there rippen mills.
Matt Piva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:17 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

that is well said. The thing that steered me towards picco is the quality of the parts and bearings. I have a old (as in dinasaur) outlaw .26 by picco (for ofna), and the bearings alone put o.s. bearings to shame. The crank pin does not wear, after countless gallons the compression is still hard to turn. I don't know how much better their materials are, but i am pretty confident in saying they are better then o.s. I am sure that i would find werks to be the same as well in the quality department.

And since picco is neal's specialty, it only makes sense to get his.

Btw, i still love my o.s. engines. THe lack of pinch works in thier favor.

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:32 PM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
dont forget Pro Twister Mods
yes by far Brian Cary is one of the best engine moders out there
I have had some $600. mills from ? I will not say names that where
total junk and I mean total Sh$# one waste of a motor!
if you want a top quality mod talk to Brian Cary at Pro Twister Mods
or Darrin Members at Sinister Mods
don't wast your money on any one else
cary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:49 PM   #27
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Unless youv'e got more money than you know what to do with,(I don't) I think at most of our level's of racing a modded mill is definately NOT needed. Its been said before its the driving that wins races.

Henchman racing
DX4R
steve307b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:58 PM   #28
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mrbusta Send a message via Skype™ to mrbusta

MY vote would be clockworks b5 or in fact anything that Neal (MAXIMO)
gets his hands on

RIP BUSTA BB ANGEL
mrbusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:17 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I have had an engine from AB,Powerhouse,and PTM

the powerhouse was a picco .28 stupid fast(to much for me)
the ab mod was an os .18 that I didn't run personally but the person who bought it said it was fast
and then PTM modded a basic picco 3 port and that motor was excellent.
These three all do great work but I liked my PTM the best..idle was low and power was great for a $120 motor
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:44 PM   #30
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Piva View Post
honestly stick to who does best with that engine manufactorer. i no ed bridges does well with a lot of different engines (os ninja go js trinity xtech engines to name a few) then houston works well with novarossa and maximo with werks and picco-picco based engines. i guess im saying dont have just someone mod some engine u get, if u get a nova then houston in my opinion of reading what everyone says seems to work really well with that brand n can be more accurate in his modding. n if u get an os get ed to dial it in he was a guru with alot of brands n now does his own engines n there rippen mills.
Thats what I wanted to know also who modded what best, thanks. Leaning towards Picco since I already have 2 Piccos and I like them so I will try a modded one now. Or the JL .21
koopesv is offline   Reply With Quote