R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #16
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torian4000 View Post
One of my fellow racers who runs for Werks ran a 2035 Thunder Tiger last summer on his B7 and it was flat out awesome. Good power through the whole range. I'm sure there are other pipes that work good as well.
that thunder tiger 2035 is a badass pipe , if you can find one
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
that thunder tiger 2035 is a badass pipe , if you can find one

Yes it is. I ran one 3 years ago on a RBS3 with good results. It's one of those sleeper pipes!

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ong-w-Manifold

Last edited by Torian4000; 08-18-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Torian4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:55 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

what if your pipe has no numbers like Tinity Extech pipes
and is a 069 a bottom end pipe?
And I run 3 ports so do i need a top end or mid range pipe
koopesv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:08 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroXray80809 View Post
Go with the werks pipe, if you look at it on amain and read the specs it will say to run a werks pipe. The tuned pipes recommended for this engine are the Werks 2013 for strong bottom end power delivery, or the 2057 for increased top end.
Thanks.

As of now I have the 2039 Thunder Tiger pipe, but have not been able to test it yet on my Werks B7 equipped Xray 808 '009. Anyone knows how it will perform?

I will most likely get the Werks 2013 pipe. I was in contact with Werks and they said the same.

Ronny
Old 08-18-2010, 05:19 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsand View Post
Thanks.

As of now I have the 2039 Thunder Tiger pipe, but have not been able to test it yet on my Werks B7 equipped Xray 808 '009. Anyone knows how it will perform?

I will most likely get the Werks 2013 pipe. I was in contact with Werks and they said the same.

Ronny
I think the b7 in a buggy will haul A** lol thats alot of power in a buggy but it should do just fine.

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:05 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Who can give some input on this:
3 port engine=low end power=pipe for low rpm?
5 port engine =mid range power=pipe for mid range?
7 port engine =top end power=pipe for top end?

I would think you want a match the pipe and motor to the rpm range they produce most power.yes?

What is this secret code of numbers?
The ER whatever means it was approved by ROAR for sound levels?
Whats the code to figure out if its a low-mid pipe or mid to high?
What about 3 chambers? I have P6 ?
Are the low - mid pipes single chamber and the mid to high pipes dual chamber?
Just bought the losi RE10 for truggy and RE11 for buggy. Any input on these pipes?
I also have a P4 ,i think its a mid to hight pipe?
Whats the secret code for headers?
short header =top end/long header=low end ?
What pipes do what with fuel milage?
CHOAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:02 PM   #22
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOAS View Post
Who can give some input on this:
3 port engine=low end power=pipe for low rpm?
5 port engine =mid range power=pipe for mid range?
7 port engine =top end power=pipe for top end?

I would think you want a match the pipe and motor to the rpm range they produce most power.yes?

What is this secret code of numbers?
The ER whatever means it was approved by ROAR for sound levels?
Whats the code to figure out if its a low-mid pipe or mid to high?
What about 3 chambers? I have P6 ?
Are the low - mid pipes single chamber and the mid to high pipes dual chamber?
Just bought the losi RE10 for truggy and RE11 for buggy. Any input on these pipes?
I also have a P4 ,i think its a mid to hight pipe?
Whats the secret code for headers?
short header =top end/long header=low end ?
What pipes do what with fuel milage?
No, usually it's the opposite of what you're thinking. Most of the time a 3 to 5 port motor will have plenty of low end but may benifit from a high speed pipe like an 086. This doesn't apply in every situation but more often than not it does. I usually pair my 7 port motors with a bottom to mid range pipe to help bring out the power at the lower end of the range.

It's also depends on what size the track is you're racing on. If I'm at a small track that has short stretches, I may use a bottom end pipe no matter what engine I'm using because the track doesn't have long straits that require me to have lots of high end speed.

There is no perfect answer I guess, just find the pipe that fits best for the engine you're running and the track you're racing at.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:45 PM   #23
Tech Addict

Thanks that answered my question. I was wondering why when looking for bottom end motors for my truggy it's almost always suggested to run a top end pipe with them. That always confused me to no end. Why would I want a top end pipe when I'm looking for bottom end engines to pull the heavier truggy...? I'm assuming it just makes the setup more flexible? Is the TTR 2035 an all around pipe? I want to accentuate my low end but not wind out in 10 feet in the process. I know this is a poorly formatted reply but there are some questions in there. The first is rhetorical.

Thanks,
Rich
Old 08-19-2010, 07:36 AM   #24
Tech Master

Quote:
I'm assuming it just makes the setup more flexible?
It usually balances and smooths out the power range. I run a P5XLT in my MBX6T. It's a killer 5 port motor with crazy grunt and the 086 (top end pipe) helps bring on the power at the top of the RPM range.

Quote:
Is the TTR 2035 an all around pipe?
Yes, it offers good low-mid-high performance and good run times as well and is a nice fit with an OS V-Spec.

What engine are you using in your truggy Do-Over?
Old 08-19-2010, 08:05 AM   #25
Tech Addict

Default Indecisive.

Only been running for about 6 months so far. I bought the RS for my first truggy and started with the sport engine they give you. I then got a used OS off a buddy that he had sitting for about 2 years. I race with about 5 or 6 friends. They all run Werks or Nova. I'm in the market now and have been doing my homework for about a month. I've considered the CRE JL, The reedy, and the OD SS. I like the Werks and the Nova's but our circle needs to broaden its horizons. I want to try something we're not already running just so we'll have an idea of the other brands. I have strongly considered all 3 of the engines I mentioned above and I've just about ordered them a few times. Wanna throw your 2 cents in on it?
Old 08-19-2010, 08:22 AM   #26
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do-Over View Post
Only been running for about 6 months so far. I bought the RS for my first truggy and started with the sport engine they give you. I then got a used OS off a buddy that he had sitting for about 2 years. I race with about 5 or 6 friends. They all run Werks or Nova. I'm in the market now and have been doing my homework for about a month. I've considered the CRE JL, The reedy, and the OD SS. I like the Werks and the Nova's but our circle needs to broaden its horizons. I want to try something we're not already running just so we'll have an idea of the other brands. I have strongly considered all 3 of the engines I mentioned above and I've just about ordered them a few times. Wanna throw your 2 cents in on it?
There are so many good engines out now at the $200.00 dollar mark. Based on my personal experience and what I've seen you can't go wrong with the Werks B5/2013 pipe combo in a Truggy. $300.00 gets you a nice package....
Novarossi P5XLT/ Dynamite 086 set up is nice in a Truggy as well. It's what I run and it will cost you $300.00.

Don't sleep on the Dynamite XPE engine with the Alpha or Precirotate 0801 pipe either. Raced against quite a few drivers this summer running them and this engine and pipe combo hauls azz!
Old 08-19-2010, 09:29 AM   #27
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torian4000 View Post
I fail to understand your comment? How is my reply a tricky statement when it's basically the same thing you just wrote in not so many words? Ask what pipe works best for a particular engine is what I said....
The list above that text giving a specific specifications to the pipes. The 2013 for instace is a awesome pipe for onroad giving a huge bottom and mid power but less top RPM, I had an engine with some lower onroad timings and the engine did not show much on the track for what I have known with the 2013 pipe, with a 2052 the engine came to life.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:42 AM   #28
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
The list above that text giving a specific specifications to the pipes. The 2013 for instace is a awesome pipe for onroad giving a huge bottom and mid power but less top RPM, I had an engine with some lower onroad timings and the engine did not show much on the track for what I have known with the 2013 pipe, with a 2052 the engine came to life.

I wouldn't know a thing about onroad rc at all. The nature of this thread is about offroad pipes and engines and that's what all of my replies have been about.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:43 PM   #29
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default 2040

Has anyone ever tried a OS 2040 with a 198 header on a RB s-5. I know the 2045 works but wondering about the 2040 and what it would do.
mdhyams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:06 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I've run an os 2050 on a p5 and it worked very well, I've also run it on the older picco Basic engines(found on the picco buggies) it also ran great on there...the OS 2050 is a solid pipe in my book but I've heard the 053,2035 are also great pipes...and on the werks the 2013 is the ticket talk about HP all through the powerband...and low temps to boot
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote