R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-16-2010, 10:25 PM   #1
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default RC theft. This will help

It seems that over the last year or so ever since the economy has had the bottom drop out of it, RC theft is becoming a common thing. Shops, tracks, homes and cars are being hit up by thieves looking to make a quick buck stealing our gear. I wanted to post the information of my insurance guy as I have had personal RC insurance for the last two years. Over the last 10 years in this hobby I have managed to accumulate quite a bit of stuff and my insurance company covers everything against loss, theft, vandalism, and even damage ( not crashing! ) The insurance is cheep and I am covered anywhere I am no matter how my stuff goes missing. It is very low monthly rates and NO deductible! I am in no way shape or form affiliated with this insurance company. I am only trying to help my fellow RC enthusiasts.
Moderators! This is not spam, please do not delete or move this thread

If any of you are interested in RC insurance, you can contact Jim Colemere at the Arizona Group. His Number is 480-633-6684 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************480-633-6684******end_of_the_skype_highlighting. He has been taking care of me for years and is very honest and a real good guy who knows his stuff. good luck.
James Allara

Last edited by Jaz240; 08-21-2010 at 08:33 AM.
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:27 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Good info. This insurance sounds better than the stuff I have on my real car
Old 08-16-2010, 10:30 PM   #3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

That's good stuff James. I prob take somewhere in the neighborhood of 8-10k worth of equipment with me to the track every time I race. It adds up pretty fast. So far they racers in my area are cool and my stuff stays put. But I was talking to some guys from Canada and they can't even meave stuff out when they go race. Other racers will steal fright from your pit whileyou are on the stand. That just plain sucks. Now I'm not saying all canadians are like that just an example. You can never have too much INS.

Last edited by Frank L; 08-16-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:34 PM   #4
Tech Lord

I hope I never need to use it, but its one of those things you want to have and not need. For the price of about a glow plug a week (turbo of course ), anyone can be fully covered. They ask for a detailed list of your stuff and you need to update it every year. keep copies of your receipts and if God forbid any of you do get robbed, make sure you call the police and get a report.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:58 AM   #5
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

http://www.datadotusa.com/index.htm

this is called data dots. in the automotive worl we use this for tracking stolen items and supllies. it is weightless and easy to install in a inconspicious spot. it can be used on the motor,transponder,chasis and the radio. when you buy a bottle it comes with you own numbers and auth. card for the numbers and one bottle will last you a life time in the rc world. it is reconized by all police and civil depts as a vin tag and will make stuff easier to find. when applied the dot is as small as a pen and not noticed until put under a magnifying glass and the numbers appear. great cheap way to protect belongings.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:39 AM   #6
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippz View Post

this is called data dots. in the automotive worl we use this for tracking stolen items and supllies. it is weightless and easy to install in a inconspicious spot. it can be used on the motor,transponder,chasis and the radio. when you buy a bottle it comes with you own numbers and auth. card for the numbers and one bottle will last you a life time in the rc world. it is reconized by all police and civil depts as a vin tag and will make stuff easier to find. when applied the dot is as small as a pen and not noticed until put under a magnifying glass and the numbers appear. great cheap way to protect belongings.

How much for a can ? Tried looking but came up empty.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:11 AM   #7
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
How much for a can ? Tried looking but came up empty.
let me see how much we buy it for. i will repost in a few.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:44 AM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippz View Post

Data dots may work for full-sized cars, but because RC cars get more thorough maintenance and cleaning, the data dots can come off. Also, they aren't much good unless whoever's buying the car has a data dot reader themselves, or are even aware of the dots in the first place.

Perhaps a better solution would be to have unobtrusive but still visually readable serial numbers on key car parts, like the chassis plate & shock towers. In the event of loss or theft, people could file the number in an on-line databank that can be accessed by anyone, but not edited or altered by anyone other than the one who filed the numbers as missing (thus, no tampering)... There's something similar in place for luxury watches.
captain america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:44 AM   #9
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ruune Send a message via AIM to Ruune Send a message via Yahoo to Ruune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
It seems that over the last year or so ever since the economy has had the bottom drop out of it, RC theft is becoming a common thing. Shops, tracks, homes and cars are being hit up by thieves looking to make a quick buck stealing our gear. I wanted to post the information of my insurance guy as I have had personal RC insurance for the last two years. Over the last 10 years in this hobby I have managed to accumulate quite a bit of stuff and my insurance company covers everything against loss, theft, vandalism, and even damage ( not crashing! ) The insurance is cheep and I am covered anywhere I am no matter how my stuff goes missing. It is very low monthly rates and a very low deductible. I am in no way shape or form affiliated with this insurance company. I am only trying to help my fellow RC enthusiasts.
Moderators! This is not spam, please do not delete or move this thread

If any of you are interested in RC insurance, you can contact Jim Colemere at the Arizona Group. His Number is 480-633-6684. He has been taking care of me for years and is very honest and a real good guy who knows his stuff. good luck.
James Allara
What kind of premiums and deductibles are involved? What's covered? The reason I ask is that my homowners' policy covers anything stolen from my house, yard, garage, or home workshop. My auto theft policy covers anything stolen from inside my vehicle, attached to my vehicle (trailer), or inside something attached to my vehicle (inside a trailer).
Ruune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:00 AM   #10
Tech Elite

Mine is added to all the other insurances a person have. Covers 5k and covers all that stuff mentioned. Im with Allstate.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:18 AM   #11
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ruune Send a message via AIM to Ruune Send a message via Yahoo to Ruune

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
Mine is added to all the other insurances a person have. Covers 5k and covers all that stuff mentioned. Im with Allstate.
same here... Except I'm with state farm- my father has been an agent for nearly 40 years.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:21 AM   #12
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Jazz, can you post up a little more info like how it works, and how it differs from homeowners and vehicle insurance?
The Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:59 AM   #13
Tech Lord

I just got off the phone with Jim

Your stuff is covered everywhere. At the track, at your friends house, and even if you ship it off and it goes missing.

Premiums will vary according to value but I get $8000 worth of coverage for $74.50 a year!
There is no deductable

This is a scheduled items policy from Inland marine and it completely covers your RC stuff exclusively. If your house or car was robbed your current insurance will only cover so much. Try telling your auto insurance company that you had $10,000 worth of RC stuff in your car when it was stolen and they will pretty much laugh at you.

In the event of water damage, fire damage, etc, etc your stuff is covered for the full amount and won't be lumped into your personal property coverage. This policy is what you take out if you had $50,000 worth of Fine Jewelry, or china, or collectables, etc, etc.
It works, its awesome, and its cheep

Last edited by Jaz240; 08-17-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:56 AM   #14
Tech Lord

Guys please call Jim at the Phone number I posted above if you want any more info. I am not an insurance broker and probably cannot answer most of your questions. I am only a client who has awesome RC insurance that I thought I would share with you all since lots of stuff is going missing lately.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:59 AM   #15
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
I just got off the phone with Jim

Your stuff is covered everywhere. At the track, at your friends house, and even if you ship it off and it goes missing.

Premiums will vary according to value but I get $8000 worth of coverage for $74.50 a year!
There is no deductable

This is a scheduled items policy from Inland marine and it completely covers your RC stuff exclusively. If your house or car was robbed your current insurance will only cover so much. Try telling your auto insurance company that you had $10,000 worth of RC stuff in your car when it was stolen and they will pretty much laugh at you.

In the event of water damage, fire damage, etc, etc your stuff is covered for the full amount and won't be lumped into your personal property coverage. This policy is what you take out if you had $50,000 worth of Fine Jewelry, or china, or collectables, etc, etc.
It works, its awesome, and its cheep
very good points. intriguing.