Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

wish i had got this for my ps3's
Old 08-21-2010, 06:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

My homeowners covers that stuff, so why would I need a separate insurance? Sounds crazy to me. Yea I understand it covers you while you travel, but aint you going to be right there with it then? Maybe im missing something, but when im home, my r/c stuff is in my building, locked up with an alarm system on building and is covered by my homeowners if anything is took. And when im at the track, im like within 5 feet from all my stuff.

So I personally see no need for this insurance....

besides, whats the deductible amount? More than likely if someone breaks into your building or garage they are going to take more than just your r/c stuff, maybe even thousands worth of stuff, thus going wayy over the deductible. But if your out on a trip and your r/c stuff gets stolen, and say your deductible is like $800, and they take $1000 worth of stuff, shewt your only getting like $200. The first $800 is YOURS to pay (loss)
Old 08-21-2010, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff_ellis_9
My homeowners covers that stuff, so why would I need a separate insurance? Sounds crazy to me. Yea I understand it covers you while you travel, but aint you going to be right there with it then? Maybe im missing something, but when im home, my r/c stuff is in my building, locked up with an alarm system on building and is covered by my homeowners if anything is took. And when im at the track, im like within 5 feet from all my stuff.

So I personally see no need for this insurance....

besides, whats the deductible amount? More than likely if someone breaks into your building or garage they are going to take more than just your r/c stuff, maybe even thousands worth of stuff, thus going wayy over the deductible. But if your out on a trip and your r/c stuff gets stolen, and say your deductible is like $800, and they take $1000 worth of stuff, shewt your only getting like $200. The first $800 is YOURS to pay (loss)

Please do not take this the wrong way, but you you not read before you type?

Sevral racers are having their gear stolen at the track and out of their cars/vans/trucks at events. EVEN ADAM DRAKE HAD HIS STUFF STOLEN RECENTLY. Do you lock up all your gear when you a Racing or Marshalling etc? I can gaurantee that no matter what you do, there is no way you can protect you gear from being stolen 100% of the time. So $75 to protect every RC item I own is a no brainer. So if that were to happen while you are eating at a restaurant or in a hotel room or whatever. This insurance would cover what your homeowners and auto insurance would not. If you do not want to buy it then don't.

This thread is to help those who do want it, not debate if it is a good idea or not. I am not trying to beat on you hear, but you really need to think before you type. There is NO deductable with this insurance!!!!!!!!!!

Good Thread going here, thanks for the info Jaz.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Tech Regular

Well the no deductible part is a plus. And while I marshall or away from my pits I usually have a friend, girlfriend, or somebody always there with my stuff. They are my insurance, lol.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff_ellis_9
Well the no deductible part is a plus. And while I marshall or away from my pits I usually have a friend, girlfriend, or somebody always there with my stuff. They are my insurance, lol.
I wish my wife would come and watch my stuff............oh wait, I take that back. LOL
Old 08-21-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

My homeowners covers home and away for everything. Golf clubs stolen from motel room in Fla....covered.

Chainsaws stolen from back of truck two cities away....covered.

Very high dollar skeet gun stolen off the rack at an event six states away...you guessed it.

When you own what I own and insure what I insure...there's never an issue filing any claim.

You'll get there....ya' just gotta' get really old.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

sounds like a great plan... will be calling my agent monday to see if he has access to something like that, if not, I'm sure I'll be calling your guy. For those of you who say its under your home owers/car policy, check with your agent to make sure how they cover it.. I too thought some stuff was covered and found out after reading the fine lines, it was'nt.. case in point, I got a new sled trailer with a salt sheald in front. asked my agent to put my trailer on my policy and he said that I did'nt need it as it would be covered under my home owners while parked or vehicle if being towed.. we had a tornado and it wrecked my salt sheald. well I put a claim in, and he said it was'nt covered. that I did'nt have any insurance on it for that.. what he meant that what was covered, was that if the trailer would roll or come unhooked while behind the tow vehicle, that if anything other than my trailer got damaged, they would be covered, not me..as far as your auto policy, is it covered once you take it out of you vehicle? this policy this person has sounds like it covers it where ever your set up... on an average race day, we have at least $10,000 in trucks alone loaded up. $75.00 a year, no deductable, sounds like a really good thing..
Old 08-21-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

well I put a claim in, and he said it was'nt covered.
Would not be an issue in my case.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

Not trying to start any flame here just some hints:

Before just thinking that items are covered by your car and homeowners insurance please read the fine print or call your agent.

Most policies have a maximum and what is covered. Hobbies are typically not covered- ie boat in your garage isnot covered by homeowners.

Amount of property be it guns, jewelry, etc. Make a list and I suggest video taping and securing that list and video in a safety deposit box in case of fire- god forbide..

I like the idea of extra insurance-especially like today when I was using a rental car during race travel.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by willbe
boat in your garage isnot covered by homeowners.
mine is. sounds like you need a different insurance agency.

I tornado hit near my house last year, sending gold ball size hail to my house breaking 2 windows and completely demolishing the back vinyl siding. The agent came out to look at what all was damaged, well my kids had some plastic sand buckets in the sand box out back that was busted to pieces by the hail, he even accounted for that!! He figured like $10 worth sand buckets. So im quite sure if my kids sand buckets were covered, they would have no problem covering a damaged/stolen boat.

Thanks Allstate, they cut me a $9,750 check to cover damage. Total cost to fix everything, around $4000. Do the math, I came out good!
Old 08-22-2010, 06:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

my biggest question is do you have to have every receipt incase something does happen?
Old 08-22-2010, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

i still like the idea of a gps low jack. Then i can follow them and beat the crap out of them and get my stuff back. Justice is served with no cost to the taxpayer.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

With some experience in this area, I would get the supplemental insurance oppose to just adding it to my homeowners. Why? If you go through your homeowners its a long drawn out process and could take a while especially if you have a lot of stuff. If this RC insurance is "REAL DEAL" no questions ask, and no deductible it could be a good option. Dealing with insurance companies can be a royal PAIN.

++1 for RC insurance!!
Old 08-22-2010, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default theft

Originally Posted by dreaux
i still like the idea of a gps low jack. Then i can follow them and beat the crap out of them and get my stuff back. Justice is served with no cost to the taxpayer.
That's right! I'm with you, Then put them on a chain gang and work there a$$ off for 6 months.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

just lock your stuff up and put alarms on what you can and be done with it. if you hear the alarm going off step outside with a shotgun and shoot them or do it the southern way and kick their ass. im sure they wont come back

I know pad style locks can be cut off, but at least get only the best lock you can get. The one i have is round and has a very small area so it would be hard for cutters to get in there. Its a pretty expensive lock.

key is to just make it as hard as possible for thieves to get stuff. Like take my quad for instance that I have in my building. I have a pad lock on the disc brake, thus the atv wont roll unless the lock is taken off. AND, I went and bought the biggest logging chain I could buy at lowes and chained from the frame to the rafters with a lock. I would love to see a theifs face when they finally get the door open on the building only to find two more things they have to crack! Not to mention by then the alarm would be sounding and I would wake up and already be stompin that ass!

following me here...?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.