Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BEST TRACK SURFACE

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default BEST TRACK SURFACE

Hi, I'll prepare polish championships on my track. I have to change surface because now is bad traction and it's very dusty.

I don't know what it's best. Clay or clay mixed with smth?
I've seen good tracks from the usa or others, and the surface is really hardpacked and there is no dust and very big traction. It looks like it is clay mixed with oil and rubber? I do not know.
Thanks for help and other propositions.

MP.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

red clay and gray clay mixed, make sure to water it,
Old 04-29-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

dirt
Old 04-29-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

50/50 mix of clay and dirt. You don't want a completely clay track because it will become very slick, but you also don't want a 100% dirt track either because it will never hold together or pack. Pack it hard and make sure to water it to keep it packed.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

50/50 mix of red clay and nice lomy dirt would be badass.

Anyone else hear Thailands world track has had olive oil and deisel put in the dirt and makes tires last a long time, I wonder how the traction is.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Blue groove!
Old 04-29-2010, 02:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Piva
50/50 mix of red clay and nice lomy dirt would be badass.

Anyone else hear Thailands world track has had olive oil and deisel put in the dirt and makes tires last a long time, I wonder how the traction is.
Thats great as long as you don't mind deisel in your drinking water.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You don't need diesel, just add sugar.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
You don't need diesel, just add sugar.
Strawberry SODA!! I've run a few tracks where they take strawberry soda and hose the track in a few corners and on short jumps.. OMG the traction is incredible.. But on the corners they don't put it on it can be a bear to drive if your over driving..
Old 04-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Our track uses horrible dirt which consists of about 10% clayish dirt from the Salton Sea, dirt dirt, sand, and a bunch of pea-gravel. What we did was use this stuff that is similar to Durasoil (durasoil.com) and it makes the track really hardpack and it stays together in the corners and the traction is ridiculous. After a few weeks of practice with only a few 1/8 cars, and mostly 2wd stock SC cars, the track is blue groove in most places. Here is a video of the track after about 5-6 weeks of practice with 30-50 people there a week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUqFF8DCgE8
Old 04-29-2010, 04:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by (MRC)Scotty!
Strawberry SODA!! I've run a few tracks where they take strawberry soda and hose the track in a few corners and on short jumps.. OMG the traction is incredible.. But on the corners they don't put it on it can be a bear to drive if your over driving..
No no no not strawberry soda. Use Grape soda
Old 04-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by (MRC)Scotty!
ok but dirt mixed with it? now I have only sand, so i think that clay should be better.

In thailand they've mixed clay or sand with oil and I heard that traction was very good... and long time life of tires.

Sorry, couse it not exist in my dictionary - bluegroove what is it?

THX for help!
MP.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mateusz Purgal
ok but dirt mixed with it? now I have only sand, so i think that clay should be better.

In thailand they've mixed clay or sand with oil and I heard that traction was very good... and long time life of tires.

Sorry, couse it not exist in my dictionary - bluegroove what is it?

THX for help!
MP.
clay has sand in it naturally. the question is how much?

I would use clay and dirt and not add sand as it will be present in the clay. the mix of clay and dirt makes it easier to work with also.

the thais added oil to the track which binds it together and provides good grip but its not really eco friendly.

Blue groove is the result of the track being nicely watered and packed with little dust and plenty of cars run on it. the black line on most tracks is rubber worn from the tires not from oil/diesel like thailand
Old 04-30-2010, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

How many people have actually built a track, Im not talking about raking rocks? I talking about running the loader, forming jumps, ect?
Old 04-30-2010, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by token
How many people have actually built a track, Im not talking about raking rocks? I talking about running the loader, forming jumps, ect?
I direct the track builds, I tell the guy who runs the skip-loader or bobcat where to put the jumps and I fine tune them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.