R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-16-2010, 06:40 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default When to replace cvd's and drive cups on the losi 8ight t 2.0?

How do you know when they are worn enough to warrant the expense? I know you can buy the barrels and pins and i know you can press the pins out and press new ones in. Is that worth it or just replace everything? What is gained by replacing them before they are obviously done?

All my drive cups and cvd's have about 4 or 5 gallons on them except for the front drive shaft since that pin wears fast. I replaced that one about a gallon ago.
Spektrum
Proline/J Concepts/AKA
bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:46 PM   #2
Tech Prophet

i think you can keep on using , the axles inless the axle pins that go into the outdrive are really short or look rough . but as for the barrels and pins i say about 2 gallons but, i think if you keep on lubeing them they might last longer.

as for the drive cups i guess when there to much back in forth play.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:50 PM   #3
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus View Post
How do you know when they are worn enough to warrant the expense? I know you can buy the barrels and pins and i know you can press the pins out and press new ones in. Is that worth it or just replace everything? What is gained by replacing them before they are obviously done?

All my drive cups and cvd's have about 4 or 5 gallons on them except for the front drive shaft since that pin wears fast. I replaced that one about a gallon ago.
4-5 gallons is pretty good on a losi, Swap side(left to right,right to left). also rotate the axles, there are 4 holes on the axle that the pins go into, use the other two that are not getting used. I rotate mine about 3-4 gallons. and replace them after that. i replace the axles and the outdrives when i replace the shafts so aprox 6-8 gallons. Losi's are not designed to just replace the pin on the shaft, some do it but your risking it imo

when the pins on the shaft wear, as well as the out drives you will lose steering, so you can use that as a gauge too, if your loosing steering rotate the shafts or replace them

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote