Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please be on the lookout for my STOLEN stuff

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

wow willbe that is terrible. I hope he had insurance. This happens at work all the time with the short wave radio transmitters. And those are quite a few thousand.

also engrave all your stuff. Chassis, radio, tools, everything. And put it where only you will know. I do this with my tools at work. I used to always have really nice tape measures at work and i got ripped off twice. When i got my third one, i pulled the whole tape out to the 30 ft mark and wrote my name with a black sharpie on the underside of the tape. Was looking for it when it got stolen and found a guy with a tape measure like mine in the fab area. I went and asked him if i could see it and pulled the tape all the way out and there was my name. The look on his face was priceless.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

A track here in Ohio got the timing system, house transponders, and watering system stolen.
Quite a few new facilities opening up in Ohio...fellow Buckeyes keep an eye out.

Who the hell else would swipe a watering system..."just add dirt and we're in business"...hope to hell my laps aren't being counted on somebody's stolen hardware.

Outta' hand...I tell ya'...

Our little club's door was beaten in a couple of weeks ago...we chalked it up to vandalism...now I'm not so sure.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

you HAVE to mark your stuff or there is not way of identifying it. And it can't be something that rubs off.

If you are in a sea of mugens, it's not about knowing which one is yours, but being able to prove it. Also, track owners need to secure their stuff better. One of the local tracks here kept losing it's lights to thieves. LIGHTS!!! Before you know it they will be hauling the dirt off and pulling up the fence post.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure the racers would chip in a couple extra buck knowing it was going towards their safety and keep a place they want to race open..

Having to replace power wires transponder loops weekly adds up...Plus I would much rather pay a couple bucks extra to know my stuff is safe while I wash my tires or use the bathroom!!!!
Old 08-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

like I said before,I dont think it is spectators..I think it is racers stealing....I have had the same temp gun for over 10yrs..I never leave it out..Those things are always missing...Beaumont is a good area....at big races we need to tell other racers pitting near you to keep an eye out and vice versa...With me growing up in a bad area,I never let my guard down..You just cant trust people.......
Old 08-18-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
you HAVE to mark your stuff or there is not way of identifying it. And it can't be something that rubs off.
Engravers are awesome for this.

The best thing you can do is find a cool group of guys and always have one person in your pit.

The things I've had stolen have been really stupid, but impossible to prove. Those Hobbico super glow drivers with the big cell are impossible to keep track of, they have legs. Glow plug wrenches, I've had two of 'em disappear off my pit table.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Semple
Engravers are awesome for this.

The best thing you can do is find a cool group of guys and always have one person in your pit.

The things I've had stolen have been really stupid, but impossible to prove. Those Hobbico super glow drivers with the big cell are impossible to keep track of, they have legs. Glow plug wrenches, I've had two of 'em disappear off my pit table.
yeah some times its a mix up tho i always am a clubracer and if i go to a race thats not club im always with a former club friend and we pit togehter and a few times ist accidental mix up like one time i came home with 2 team losi wrenches and didnt notice that my friend left his on my table, so i called him and asked if his was gone and walah it was lol. It happens all the time with tunning screw drivers and people just over look stuff.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

I've had other smaller stuff taken. Nothing to this extent though. I try to have my name or a wrap or something on most of my stuff. If its missing then I know it was theft. No mistaking it for yours with my wrap and name on it.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

I will keep an eye out at my track, which is 30 minutes from Thunder Alley.

I wasn't at the race, but from the people I was talking to, the guys who got their car stolen were out by the horse park, they were a few hundred feet from the facility in the parking lot. If you pit in the facility you should be fine. If you pit so far away there is always a possibility something can happen, especially since it is by a public park in a not so good neighborhood. Nonetheless, the thief's shouldn't of done that, but we can't prevent them from stealing something in the open, but we can prevent this from happening by making sure someone is looking over your equipment.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-racer
I will keep an eye out at my track, which is 30 minutes from Thunder Alley.

I wasn't at the race, but from the people I was talking to, the guys who got their car stolen were out by the horse park, they were a few hundred feet from the facility in the parking lot. If you pit in the facility you should be fine. If you pit so far away there is always a possibility something can happen, especially since it is by a public park in a not so good neighborhood. Nonetheless, the thief's shouldn't of done that, but we can't prevent them from stealing something in the open, but we can prevent this from happening by making sure someone is looking over your equipment.
im not sure about the cars that were taken on saturday, but the one that was taken on sunday before the main was right in the pits, 10 feet from the track!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCTEN.
im not sure about the cars that were taken on saturday, but the one that was taken on sunday before the main was right in the pits, 10 feet from the track!
Definitly an iside job there! Only 10 feet from the track, who just walks off with a car around everyone and no one sees this happing? Because hes a racer dressed like a driver just taking these cars and selling them as parts or even back ups for himself! No THUG can just walk in the pits and grab a car and walk away, when im sure there were cars laying out way easier to grab on empty pit tables. They know what cars they want and they know when to grab them!
Old 08-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

http://www.harborfreight.com/micro-engraver-98227.html
Old 08-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

I would say these were two separate incidents most likely by two different people. We were parked out by the arena because we had the motor home. It would have been a little safer in the pits. Now we know.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah but a ingraver dont do much if it gets stolen, they can always replace chassis etc. and still make money off it or run it.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

EVERYBODY GO TO http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...pic=0&start=10
AND YOU CAN WATCH THE PRO TRUGGY MAIN AND SEE THE GUY WALK OFF WITH MY CAR 1:50 INTO THE VIDEO...WHITE SHORTS AND HAT DARK SHIRT/SWEATER...BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR THIS GUY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.