Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro Engine Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 09:52 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
new chassis y???

the rear screws wont get, counterstuck with the chassis holes for the bulkhead and i even used the dremel to fix it and it did nothing .

and i want to try a diffrent chassis, anyways the one im looking at is a flex chassis for the eight-t 1.0.

and its on sale for $40 cause losi is trying to get rid of them.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
the rear screws wont get, counterstuck with the chassis holes for the bulkhead and i even used the dremel to fix it and it did nothing .

and i want to try a diffrent chassis, anyways the one im looking at is a flex chassis for the eight-t 1.0.

and its on sale for $40 cause losi is trying to get rid of them.
yeah dont buy any ebay hong kong ones lol, bce is good but exspensive to get for a older truggy.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Tech Prophet

yeah dont buy any ebay hong kong ones lol, bce is good but exspensive to get for a older truggy.

na im getting the, losi chassis yea i heard about bce they are nice but the compliats for waiting for it wow.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

na im getting the, losi chassis yea i heard about bce they are nice but the compliats for waiting for it wow.
yeah if your not a team driver it takes around 2 months to get it in.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:58 AM
Tech Prophet

yeah if your not a team driver it takes around 2 months to get it in.

i know its a, high quality chassis but should it really take that long ?
it would drive me crazy waiting that long !
Old 08-17-2010, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

i know its a, high quality chassis but should it really take that long ?
it would drive me crazy waiting that long !
most order it when they get a new kit so by the time it comes in the stock one will have wear and they will replace it and keep stock for back up, think about it people who race once a week chassis wear is pretty fast if track isnt wet.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:26 AM
Tech Prophet

most order it when they get a new kit so by the time it comes in the stock one will have wear and they will replace it and keep stock for back up, think about it people who race once a week chassis wear is pretty fast if track isnt wet.

yea i can agree with, that point on the chassis wear if the track isnt wet !
Old 08-17-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

yes, hey shadow for a new engine look into that tq racing with a efra 2053 and you will have a killer setup and enought power everywhere. They also last a long time.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Prophet

yes, hey shadow for a new engine look into that tq racing with a efra 2053 and you will have a killer setup and enought power everywhere. They also last a long time.

i will when i get the money, its only 3 mouths left for outdoor season in the east coast so im, just going to stick with my rb for now.

is the tq engine, a bottom end engine or a top end mid ridge engine ?

for now im ethier getting, a longer header or a stiffer clutch spring setup.
on my truggy to get more punch on my truggy.

the rb s5 isnt, a bottom end engine i should of read more into engines lol.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

i will when i get the money, its only 3 mouths left for outdoor season in the east coast so im, just going to stick with my rb for now.

is the tq engine, a bottom end engine or a top end mid ridge engine ?

for now im ethier getting, a longer header or a stiffer clutch spring setup.
on my truggy to get more punch on my truggy.

the rb s5 isnt, a bottom end engine i should of read more into engines lol.
the grp/tq has amazing power everywhere, its not a dissapointing engine for the price. You can average 8 gallons then pinch it and get about 8 more so 16 gallons is really good.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:42 AM
Tech Prophet

the grp/tq has amazing power everywhere, its not a dissapointing engine for the price. You can average 8 gallons then pinch it and get about 8 more so 16 gallons is really good.

is it finky to tune im not the best engine tuner.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

is it finky to tune im not the best engine tuner.
This is the easiest tune engine i have ever owned, it tunes easily and holds tune forever i have never had tunning issues and im close to needing a pinch, so soon im ganna contact the speed shop and have a pinch done and bearing change.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

have you driven a TQ engine? im curious on your thoughts of comparing the two. i owned a GRP tuned like you and a guy at the track has let me run his TQ some and there is a difference, or atleast to me. the power is smoother and it FASTER , i dont know how or why but it is lol

This is the easiest tune engine i have ever owned, it tunes easily and holds tune forever i have never had tunning issues and im close to needing a pinch, so soon im ganna contact the speed shop and have a pinch done and bearing change.
GRP/TQ are some easy engines to tune, the GRP is a weird tune but it is easy to tune and they DO hold a tune forever, all i ever did was lean or richen the high speed needle 1 hour here or there, never touched the bottom.

now the O'donnell Super Sport 21 is even easier and holds a tune even better mine runs at anywhere between 225-255 just depending on the humidity. but it will hold the tune and run fine all day long. the jammin JPX is the easiest and holds a tune the longest for sure but if i was you do NOT get it, its a beast of an engine, its to much power most of the time and mine is probably pushing 9-10 gallons with no pinch. the carb isnt really any good on it and hardly any carbs fit either, we had to JB weld parts of it to stop air leak, but other than that never had any trouble but still do NOT get the Jammin JPX 21. not putting you (tc5 man) down but the carb issue isnt for someone with not much experience with engines, it took us alot of research on the carb to know how to fix it.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
have you driven a TQ engine? im curious on your thoughts of comparing the two. i owned a GRP tuned like you and a guy at the track has let me run his TQ some and there is a difference, or atleast to me. the power is smoother and it FASTER , i dont know how or why but it is lol

GRP/TQ are some easy engines to tune, the GRP is a weird tune but it is easy to tune and they DO hold a tune forever, all i ever did was lean or richen the high speed needle 1 hour here or there, never touched the bottom.

now the O'donnell Super Sport 21 is even easier and holds a tune even better mine runs at anywhere between 225-255 just depending on the humidity. but it will hold the tune and run fine all day long. the jammin JPX is the easiest and holds a tune the longest for sure but if i was you do NOT get it, its a beast of an engine, its to much power most of the time and mine is probably pushing 9-10 gallons with no pinch. the carb isnt really any good on it and hardly any carbs fit either, we had to JB weld parts of it to stop air leak, but other than that never had any trouble but still do NOT get the Jammin JPX 21. not putting you (tc5 man) down but the carb issue isnt for someone with not much experience with engines, it took us alot of research on the carb to know how to fix it.

the carb issue on the rb ? i can tune it but i know it isnt going to keep a tune though when, the weather gets cooler at least.

i do have a nova carb from, my bf .21 how would that work i should fit that will keep a tune for sure. i think its because rb uses a composite carb insend of a alum one.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jmaxey51

what about fuel milage though on that odonnell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.