R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2010, 12:38 PM   #106
cdc
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 386
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
the carb issue on the rb ? i can tune it but i know it isnt going to keep a tune though when, the weather gets cooler at least.

i do have a nova carb from, my bf .21 how would that work i should fit that will keep a tune for sure. i think its because rb uses a composite carb insend of a alum one.
RB,s do not have any carb issues
__________________
Kyosho MP9 TKI4 - OS SPEED - KO RSx Servos - Futaba 4PX
cdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:52 PM   #107
Tech Elite
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
the carb issue on the rb ? i can tune it but i know it isnt going to keep a tune though when, the weather gets cooler at least.

i do have a nova carb from, my bf .21 how would that work i should fit that will keep a tune for sure. i think its because rb uses a composite carb insend of a alum one.
RB engines do NOT have carb issues, ive ran RB carbs on other engines.... its because your runnning 20-25% fuel instead of 30%.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:56 PM   #108
Tech Elite
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroXray80809 View Post
what about fuel milage though on that odonnell
we were getting 10+ min with a dynamite 053 pipe. the Odonnell R2 pipe is supposed to get that too. but with me running the JP3 im getting around 8 min, the 053 didnt have enough power for me, i need alot of power now but the 053 still makes good power but its to smooth for me.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:58 PM   #109
Tech Elite
 
NitroXray80809's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 3,249
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
we were getting 10+ min with a dynamite 053 pipe. the Odonnell R2 pipe is supposed to get that too. but with me running the JP3 im getting around 8 min, the 053 didnt have enough power for me, i need alot of power now but the 053 still makes good power but its to smooth for me.
hmm and whats the total for ur setup meaning the engine and pipe u like?
__________________
Xray XB4 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Hobbywing | SpeedPassion | JC |

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:07 PM   #110
Tech Elite
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroXray80809 View Post
hmm and whats the total for ur setup meaning the engine and pipe u like?
on the Odonnell engine? i like the od engine with JP3 pipe, but im about to buy another Odonnell engine with the R2 pipe to try for my buggy. and im going to keep running my Alpha in my truggy, that engine has mad power.

by the way. tc5 man, im seling my D8T next week, if your interested.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:10 PM   #111
Tech Elite
 
NitroXray80809's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 3,249
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
on the Odonnell engine? i like the od engine with JP3 pipe, but im about to buy another Odonnell engine with the R2 pipe to try for my buggy. and im going to keep running my Alpha in my truggy, that engine has mad power.

by the way. tc5 man, im seling my D8T next week, if your interested.
So the od i a great engine for buggy hmm what exact engine and pipe are u using right now, I beleave u said the ss .21 and a jp3??? Also u got pics of the d8t and maybe a price for roller i might be interested?
__________________
Xray XB4 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Hobbywing | SpeedPassion | JC |

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:11 PM   #112
Tech Elite
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroXray80809 View Post
So the od i a great engine for buggy hmm what exact engine and pipe are u using right now, I beleave u said the ss .21 and a jp3???
yes thats what im running in buggy, but im getting the R2 pipe to try. and in truggy i run a Alpha S852 (orange head) with Alpha 0801 pipe.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:16 PM   #113
Tech Elite
 
NitroXray80809's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 3,249
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
yes thats what im running in buggy, but im getting the R2 pipe to try. and in truggy i run a Alpha S852 (orange head) with Alpha 0801 pipe.
the odonnell ss is a cheap priced engine im ganna go check that out on amain and u think the r2 will probley be a better pipe?
__________________
Xray XB4 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Hobbywing | SpeedPassion | JC |

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:20 PM   #114
Tech Elite
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroXray80809 View Post
the odonnell ss is a cheap priced engine im ganna go check that out on amain and u think the r2 will probley be a better pipe?
yes since Odonnell made it strictly for that engine on tower you can get it for 175 if you add a glow pug i run Odonnell 97T glow puggs, it comes with a standard and turbo button head.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:27 PM   #115
Tech Elite
 
NitroXray80809's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 3,249
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
yes since Odonnell made it strictly for that engine on tower you can get it for 175 if you add a glow pug i run Odonnell 97T glow puggs, it comes with a standard and turbo button head.
idk i think i stick to my grp and for 75more bucks i can get a tq and i already have my tunned pipe.
__________________
Xray XB4 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Hobbywing | SpeedPassion | JC |

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:30 PM   #116
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
on the Odonnell engine? i like the od engine with JP3 pipe, but im about to buy another Odonnell engine with the R2 pipe to try for my buggy. and im going to keep running my Alpha in my truggy, that engine has mad power.

by the way. tc5 man, im seling my D8T next week, if your interested.

i would but ive had bad luck, with buying used from a guy i know that raced it was my eight-t 1.0 and, it was in bad shape i spend a lot of money rebuilding it.

no offensive to you.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:30 PM   #117
Tech Elite
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroXray80809 View Post
idk i think i stick to my grp and for 75more bucks i can get a tq and i already have my tunned pipe.
yeah i would do that, i would just run that grp till it dies then decide, i hate having 3 engines to choose from, might be 4 soon, im talking about a TQ too, but ill prob stick with O'donnell engines. i have a JPX as my back up.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:49 PM   #118
Tech Adept
 
Shadowhope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Medina, Tennessee
Posts: 155
Default

ein: Wat wuld you think if i changed my engine to a turbo glow plug engine? Using the Losi 350 Turbo Conversion kit
__________________
-----Team Losi-----
***Losi 8ight 2.0***
__Power Master Fuel__
AKA City Block Tires
Spektrum DX3S
Shadowhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:51 PM   #119
Tech Elite
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowhope View Post
ein: Wat wuld you think if i changed my engine to a turbo glow plug engine? Using the Losi 350 Turbo Conversion kit
do it! it helps, and is alot easier to change plugs in a hurry, also you should gain a little run time.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:53 PM   #120
Tech Adept
 
Shadowhope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Medina, Tennessee
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
do it! it helps, and is alot easier to change plugs in a hurry, also you should gain a little run time.
ohh do does it run alot faster or somethin? what does it do for the engine?
__________________
-----Team Losi-----
***Losi 8ight 2.0***
__Power Master Fuel__
AKA City Block Tires
Spektrum DX3S
Shadowhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nitro Engine Sale! truggy/MT tires revo_race R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 08-15-2009 10:03 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:32 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net