R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-16-2010, 09:03 PM   #76
cdc
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 386
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
oh nevermind im going to use 25 % or 30 % once my gallon is gone.
RB,s run better with 30%.
__________________
Kyosho MP9 TKI4 - OS SPEED - KO RSx Servos - Futaba 4PX
cdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:04 PM   #77
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroXray80809 View Post
yeah from what i seen in a other topic u run eb mods 20%???? WHY eb mods is way over priced IMO and 20% for racing is a bit light IMO.

i know but im just raceing, in a sportsman class and i can run with other guysand not get blown away.

well i have a full gallon pretty much of the 20 % so i have to use it up.

cdc : oh dint know that like, i said i will try the 25% or 30% when i use my gallon up.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:08 PM   #78
Tech Elite
 
NitroXray80809's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 3,249
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
i know but im just raceing, in a sportsman class and i can run with other guysand not get blown away.

well i have a full gallon pretty much of the 20 % so i have to use it up.

cdc : oh dint know that like, i said i will try the 25% or 30% when i use my gallon up.
I would consider a switch to byrons 30% race gen 2, i can let a gallon sit for months and it wont go bad and i have never had a issue with oil mixtures and all like other companies have been knowin to have.
__________________
Xray XB4 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Hobbywing | SpeedPassion | JC |

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:12 PM   #79
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroXray80809 View Post
I would consider a switch to byrons 30% race gen 2, i can let a gallon sit for months and it wont go bad and i have never had a issue with oil mixtures and all like other companies have been knowin to have.

il think about it i just, stuck a new plug in and it ran good but my battery wire came apart.

but i was beating guys in the corners intill that happen.

but the next time i race if im not satifiy i will make a switch.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:17 PM   #80
Tech Elite
 
NitroXray80809's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 3,249
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
il think about it i just, stuck a new plug in and it ran good but my battery wire came apart.

but i was beating guys in the corners intill that happen.

but the next time i race if im not satifiy i will make a switch.
Once u start winning truggy go buggy trust me its like starting all over its a big diffrence i love truggy but buggy is fun.
__________________
Xray XB4 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Hobbywing | SpeedPassion | JC |

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:18 PM   #81
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroXray80809 View Post
Once u start winning truggy go buggy trust me its like starting all over its a big diffrence i love truggy but buggy is fun.

i did race buggy last year i like truggy better though.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:21 PM   #82
Tech Elite
 
NitroXray80809's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 3,249
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
i did race buggy last year i like truggy better though.
truggy is better cus its easier, get a hang of buggy and its so much better because you can do so much more.
__________________
Xray XB4 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Hobbywing | SpeedPassion | JC |

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:21 PM   #83
Tech Elite
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
the rb box says, its made in italy and its ingraved on the engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
i think most of the guys in, the pro class are running ebmods engines at my track.

but in the truggy sportsman class its mostly sport engines really.
which i race in
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
i know but im just raceing, in a sportsman class and i can run with other guysand not get blown away.

well i have a full gallon pretty much of the 20 % so i have to use it up.

cdc : oh dint know that like, i said i will try the 25% or 30% when i use my gallon up.
rb is itilian, i was saying tiwan engines are great too.

pros run everything, eb mods is good but still i bet most still run stock engines.

and running 20% is shortening your life of the engine because RB is shimmed for 30% and running 20% is hurting it alot, i bet you will get 2-4 gallons more life if you run 30%. eb mods fuel is over rated and over priced, i run byrons 30-11 or 30-9 fuel and i wouldnt run anything else, i advise getting that.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:24 PM   #84
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
rb is itilian, i was saying tiwan engines are great too.

pros run everything, eb mods is good but still i bet most still run stock engines.

and running 20% is shortening your life of the engine because RB is shimmed for 30% and running 20% is hurting it alot, i bet you will get 2-4 gallons more life if you run 30%. eb mods fuel is over rated and over priced, i run byrons 30-11 or 30-9 fuel and i wouldnt run anything else, i advise getting that.


rb are shimmed for 30 % ? i guess the specs were i lie than cause it said you can run 20 to 25 %.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:24 PM   #85
cdc
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 386
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

RB,s are shimmed for 30%
__________________
Kyosho MP9 TKI4 - OS SPEED - KO RSx Servos - Futaba 4PX
cdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:25 PM   #86
Tech Elite
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
rb are shimmed for 30 % ? i guess the specs were i lie than cause it said you can run 20 to 25 %.
yeah but everyone says run 30%, i usually run 20% for 4 gallons tops when the books says run 20-25% and it will be fine, or add a .1mm shim and run 30%
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:25 PM   #87
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdc View Post
RB,s are shimmed for 30%

ok i will see how much money, i have than for a gallon of fuel i have to get a new chassis right now for my eight-t 1.0.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:28 PM   #88
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
yeah but everyone says run 30%, i usually run 20% for 4 gallons tops when the books says run 20-25% and it will be fine, or add a .1mm shim and run 30%


yea im only on my second, gallon the book does say a max of 10% to 25 %
10% now thats a joke
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:49 PM   #89
Tech Elite
 
NitroXray80809's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 3,249
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
ok i will see how much money, i have than for a gallon of fuel i have to get a new chassis right now for my eight-t 1.0.
new chassis y???
__________________
Xray XB4 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Hobbywing | SpeedPassion | JC |

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:50 PM   #90
Tech Elite
 
NitroXray80809's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 3,249
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
yea im only on my second, gallon the book does say a max of 10% to 25 %
10% now thats a joke
RB is a joke lol jk, but yeah 30% is the way to go rb is a race engine i dont know why they would say 10%
__________________
Xray XB4 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Hobbywing | SpeedPassion | JC |

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nitro Engine Sale! truggy/MT tires revo_race R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 08-15-2009 10:03 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:39 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net