Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro Engine Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
yeah a personal thread will be good but i remember when i first started nitro i had no clue and finding out on ur own was way harder, im glad to be able to help others now.

yeah this site, and you guys, have been very helpful to me. So i just want to thank all of you guys who have helped me so far.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by newuserlosi8t
+1 i hope he was joking and if hes not then he has money to throw around or somethin just sounds stupid to me spen 200+ bucks for a motor and put a gallon on it even after breakin a gallon is still fresh.

just a thought should we open a personal thread for shadowhope looks to have alot of questions,not that thats bad just wont clutter up stuff. kinda like i think his name is dreaux or something forgot how to spell it.
What do you mean by a personal thread for me?
Old 08-16-2010, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

It's a grp but with a new name the tq is 100% grp but horizon sold the engine to them so they changed the label on the head,block etc and put a tq on it.
i thought the same thing until i did a good bit of research on it and yes most of its the same but there is some changes, mostly to the carb but there are a few other tweak, BUT not much so the parts work in a GRP or the other way around. the TQ engine is faster but it runs at 230-235 instead of my GRP it ran best at 180-190, no joke, i would get 9 min easy in buggy.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
i thought the same thing until i did a good bit of research on it and yes most of its the same but there is some changes, mostly to the carb but there are a few other tweak, BUT not much so the parts work in a GRP or the other way around. the TQ engine is faster but it runs at 230-235 instead of my GRP it ran best at 180-190, no joke, i would get 9 min easy in buggy.
what are you guys talkin about haha
Old 08-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Shadowhope
what are you guys talkin about haha
the new TQ racing engine is an exact copy of the famous GRP engine that was extremely popular and extremely easy to tune and it held a tune forever. but the factory burnt down and they stopped making GRP engine so the designer of GRP started making them again and changed a few things and TQ racing is producing them now and selling them.... yep thats about it hope you understand what im saying its confusing if you werent racing about 6-9 months ago when GRP was probably the number one ran engine.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

the new TQ racing engine is an exact copy of the famous GRP engine that was extremely popular and extremely easy to tune and it held a tune forever. but the factory burnt down and they stopped making GRP engine so the designer of GRP started making them again and changed a few things and TQ racing is producing them now and selling them.... yep thats about it hope you understand what im saying its confusing if you werent racing about 6-9 months ago when GRP was probably the number one ran engine.
ya i understand so is TQ now the best engines?
Old 08-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

ya i understand so is TQ now the best engines?
idk, there are some killer engines out now, but they are up there for sure.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:24 PM
Tech Adept

idk, there are some killer engines out now, but they are up there for sure.
ah do you know any that is .21 and workd with the losi 8ight 2.0?
Old 08-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

GRP was made world famous in the los 2.0 with drake behind the wheel well thats the transmitter wheel anyways lol.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

What do you mean by a personal thread for me?
it was a joke he was stating there are people who have 1 question then there are people who have many and he was joking since you had many good questions saying u disurve ur own thread.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

almost all engines now a days will work just fine in the 8ight 2.0.... what is your price range, that would help more on an engine. i havent paid over 300 for an engine (including pipe), there are 200 dollar engines that will out preform 500 dollar engines IMO. im currently running Alpha engines and love them but probably going to start running O'donnell super sport engines now, but im going to wear out the Alpha im currently run first. it only has 2 gallons tops threw it lol
Old 08-16-2010, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

almost all engines now a days will work just fine in the 8ight 2.0.... what is your price range, that would help more on an engine. i havent paid over 300 for an engine (including pipe), there are 200 dollar engines that will out preform 500 dollar engines IMO. im currently running Alpha engines and love them but probably going to start running O'donnell super sport engines now, but im going to wear out the Alpha im currently run first. it only has 2 gallons tops threw it lol
+1 now and days speeds are over rated, when u can buy 2 of the same engines for 230ish and have just as much power, cheaper price, and 2 last longer than 1. Atleast most of the time, for a guy who buys a new one every gallon probley not . Im not sure what thread that was but it had to be a joke!
Old 08-16-2010, 07:11 PM
Tech Adept

it was a joke he was stating there are people who have 1 question then there are people who have many and he was joking since you had many good questions saying u disurve ur own thread.
lol yeah well that would be nice
Old 08-16-2010, 07:13 PM
Tech Adept

i really dont have a price range i just want a really good engine lol
Old 08-16-2010, 07:14 PM
Tech Adept

+1 now and days speeds are over rated, when u can buy 2 of the same engines for 230ish and have just as much power, cheaper price, and 2 last longer than 1. Atleast most of the time, for a guy who buys a new one every gallon probley not . Im not sure what thread that was but it had to be a joke!
lol yeah that was one of my threads where i asked when i know when i need a new engine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.