R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-14-2010, 09:20 PM   #1
Tech Adept
 
Shadowhope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Medina, Tennessee
Posts: 155
Default Nitro RC Racing

Hey guys. I am really a newbie in RC racing and i was looking for some tips on Racing Nitro Buggys.
__________________
-----Team Losi-----
***Losi 8ight 2.0***
__Power Master Fuel__
AKA City Block Tires
Spektrum DX3S
Shadowhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:24 PM   #2
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

what kind of tips ?
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:25 PM   #3
Tech Adept
 
Shadowhope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Medina, Tennessee
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
what kind of tips ?
really anything i need to know if i am going to race
__________________
-----Team Losi-----
***Losi 8ight 2.0***
__Power Master Fuel__
AKA City Block Tires
Spektrum DX3S
Shadowhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:38 PM   #4
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowhope View Post
really anything i need to know if i am going to race


1. well go into a sportsman class at your track if they have one.

2. take your time on the track, and try to be smooth on the trigger and drive only where you can handle it without crashing.

3. try not to be a hacker if possible

4. hit the jumps at a speed where you can just clear them.

5. if you race on a dusty track, change your filters to new ones after each heat and main.

6. and have fun.
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:43 PM   #5
Tech Adept
 
Shadowhope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Medina, Tennessee
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
1. well go into a sportsman class at your track if they have one.

2. take your time on the track, and try to be smooth on the trigger and drive only where you can handle it without crashing.

3. try not to be a hacker if possible

4. hit the jumps at a speed where you can just clear them.

5. if you race on a dusty track, change your filters to new ones after each heat and main.

6. and have fun.

ahh sounds fun and easy but i dont understand by dont be a hacker?
__________________
-----Team Losi-----
***Losi 8ight 2.0***
__Power Master Fuel__
AKA City Block Tires
Spektrum DX3S
Shadowhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:48 PM   #6
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowhope View Post
ahh sounds fun and easy but i dont understand by dont be a hacker?


a hacker is somebody who, crashs other drivers like for instance somebody who doesnt use the brakes before they get into the corner and t- bones your car spining your car out. so if you do that dont expect to have many racer friends lol

i used to be a hacker, when i raced onroad and evently i relexed more and learned how to drive better.
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:51 PM   #7
Tech Adept
 
Shadowhope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Medina, Tennessee
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
a hacker is somebody who, crashs other drivers like for instance somebody who doesnt use the brakes before they get into the corner and t- bones your car spining your car out. so if you do that dont expect to have many racer friends lol

i used to be a hacker, when i raced onroad and evently i relexed more and learned how to drive better.

ohh so its pretty much a noob mistake or just plane meanness?
__________________
-----Team Losi-----
***Losi 8ight 2.0***
__Power Master Fuel__
AKA City Block Tires
Spektrum DX3S
Shadowhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:55 PM   #8
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Get around the track without crashing! That's the key right there for all new racers. Its allot harder than you think because you really need to have self control to keep the car slow enough to not crash! Even if you have to roll all the jumps for your first few races, do so. What you want to do is consistently get around the track EVERY lap without having to be marshalled. Once you can do that for an entire race, then go out and practice and find areas that you can go faster without crashing like straight away's and burms, and areas that are not difficult. Work on getting around the track 2-3 seconds faster every 2-3 weeks without crashing and eventually you will be great
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:56 PM   #9
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowhope View Post
ohh so its pretty much a noob mistake or just plane meanness?


i would say usually its a noob, mistake i wouldnt say its meanness i mean sometimes if somebody pushes me out of the way into , the corner than i will get them something back its only fair lol . but i wouldnt remmend you do that though.

most of time that doesnt, happen in the 1/8 class but if anything it would happen more in truggy espially in a sportman class.
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:57 PM   #10
Tech Adept
 
Shadowhope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Medina, Tennessee
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
i would say usually its a noob, mistake i wouldnt say its meanness i mean sometimes if somebody pushes me out of the way into , the corner than i will get them something back its only fair lol . but i wouldnt remmend you do that though.

most of time that doesnt, happen in the 1/8 class but if anything it would happen more in truggy espially in a sportman class.

why would it happen more in truggy rather than buggy?
__________________
-----Team Losi-----
***Losi 8ight 2.0***
__Power Master Fuel__
AKA City Block Tires
Spektrum DX3S
Shadowhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:58 PM   #11
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowhope View Post
why would it happen more in truggy rather than buggy?

um well lets just say there, is some bad drivers in truggy since you can drive them a lot harder than a buggy.
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:01 PM   #12
Tech Adept
 
Shadowhope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Medina, Tennessee
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
um well lets just say there, is some bad drivers in truggy since you can drive them a lot harder than a buggy.

haha bad drivers ... well atleast i chose buggy rather than truggy what a relief lol
__________________
-----Team Losi-----
***Losi 8ight 2.0***
__Power Master Fuel__
AKA City Block Tires
Spektrum DX3S
Shadowhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:06 PM   #13
Tech Adept
 
Shadowhope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Medina, Tennessee
Posts: 155
Default

what do you race?
__________________
-----Team Losi-----
***Losi 8ight 2.0***
__Power Master Fuel__
AKA City Block Tires
Spektrum DX3S
Shadowhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:07 PM   #14
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowhope View Post
haha bad drivers ... well atleast i chose buggy rather than truggy what a relief lol

yea theres usally only a couple, of them guys in a truggy class stick with the buggy it will make you, a better driver because they are harder to drive.

i started out in buggy last year and, i think it improved my driving not sure lol.

but truggys are easier to drive, and you can drive the hell out of them.

i like truggys better since, you can drive them harder and its similar to a buggy just wider and has bigger tires.
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:07 PM   #15
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowhope View Post
what do you race?

me i race truggy now.
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club oblivion Australian Racing 19736 01-14-2017 01:12 AM
Team Kamikaze Rc Racing Team Kamikaze Racing Forum 17924 08-31-2012 03:25 PM
REDLINE RC RACING,Southern Il.OVAL,OFFROAD,etc. nitrosteve Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 788 12-06-2010 06:02 PM
You might be addicted to nitro RC if..... mikenix Nitro Off-Road 33 11-21-2008 04:31 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:59 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net