R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-14-2010, 10:09 PM   #16
Tech Adept
 
Shadowhope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Medina, Tennessee
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
me i race truggy now.
nitro?
__________________
-----Team Losi-----
***Losi 8ight 2.0***
__Power Master Fuel__
AKA City Block Tires
Spektrum DX3S
Shadowhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:11 PM   #17
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowhope View Post
nitro?

oh yea no quite mouse electric for me lol.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:13 PM   #18
Tech Adept
 
Shadowhope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Medina, Tennessee
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
oh yea no quite mouse electric for me lol.
haha so you probly wouldnt know much about tuning and temp and stuff like that?
__________________
-----Team Losi-----
***Losi 8ight 2.0***
__Power Master Fuel__
AKA City Block Tires
Spektrum DX3S
Shadowhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:21 PM   #19
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowhope View Post
haha so you probly wouldnt know much about tuning and temp and stuff like that?

im still learning about the, tuning of a engine but i cant get enough of the smoke and smell and noise.

whats your question about tuning ?

i was saying i dont, race electric cars because they are too quiet.

i do race a slash once in a while.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:28 PM   #20
Tech Adept
 
Shadowhope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Medina, Tennessee
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
im still learning about the, tuning of a engine but i cant get enough of the smoke and smell and noise.

whats your question about tuning ?

i was saying i dont, race electric cars because they are too quiet.

i do race a slash once in a while.
lol ohh ok well i got the team losi 350 engine and i went to the track today an it was performing gret but it ran around 290-300 degrees so will that hurt to run it that high because i thought it was running great
__________________
-----Team Losi-----
***Losi 8ight 2.0***
__Power Master Fuel__
AKA City Block Tires
Spektrum DX3S
Shadowhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:32 PM   #21
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowhope View Post
lol ohh ok well i got the team losi 350 engine and i went to the track today an it was performing gret but it ran around 290-300 degrees so will that hurt to run it that high because i thought it was running great

well every engine runs better, at diffrent temp if you ask me 290 or 300 degress is way too hot . was there a trail of smoke coming out of the pipe ?

i usually run my rb or any of my, engines at 235 to 240 to be on the safe side.

you can tell when your running, too lean it will start to bog at full speed or when you pinch your fuel line right by your carb it, will shut off right away or struggle to go when you take off.

and also with the air filters, if your using a outerfilter its a 2nd filter on top of the inner filter with the outer filter only oil it on the inside, not the outside i learned my lesson doing that lol.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:35 PM   #22
Tech Adept
 
Shadowhope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Medina, Tennessee
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
well every engine runs better at diffrent temp if you ask me 290 or 300 degress is way too hot . was there a trail of smoke coming out of the pipe ?

i usually run my rb or any of my, engines at 235 to 240 to be on the safe side.

you can tell when your running, too lean it will start to bog at full speed or when you pinch your fuel line, right by your carb it will shut off right away or struggle to go when you take off.
well i mean it wwas running most excelent there was noticable trail of smoke very fast on the straight away it was great
__________________
-----Team Losi-----
***Losi 8ight 2.0***
__Power Master Fuel__
AKA City Block Tires
Spektrum DX3S
Shadowhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:37 PM   #23
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowhope View Post
well i mean it wwas running most excelent there was noticable trail of smoke very fast on the straight away it was great

i should be fine than i just, like my engines to last a long time thats just me though lol. i just tune my, where it reaches the full speed on the straight before i get into the corner.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:39 PM   #24
Tech Adept
 
Shadowhope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Medina, Tennessee
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
i should be fine than i just, like my engines to last a long time thats just me though lol. i just tune my, where it reaches the full speed on the straight before i get into the corner.
yeah i dont want mine to get damaged by heat but i just hope that this high of a temp wont hurt that much
__________________
-----Team Losi-----
***Losi 8ight 2.0***
__Power Master Fuel__
AKA City Block Tires
Spektrum DX3S
Shadowhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:42 PM   #25
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowhope View Post
yeah i dont want mine to get damaged by heat but i just hope that this high of a temp wont hurt that much

as long as there is smoke, coming out of pipe you should be good but usally the hotter you run the engine the less life it has.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:43 PM   #26
Tech Adept
 
Shadowhope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Medina, Tennessee
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
as long as there is smoke, coming out of pipe you should be good but usally the hotter you run the engine the less life it has.
how do you know when you have to buy a new engine?
__________________
-----Team Losi-----
***Losi 8ight 2.0***
__Power Master Fuel__
AKA City Block Tires
Spektrum DX3S
Shadowhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:46 PM   #27
Tech Master
 
8ight-racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Posts: 1,087
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
i should be fine than i just, like my engines to last a long time thats just me though lol. i just tune my, where it reaches the full speed on the straight before i get into the corner.
Depending on how big your straightaway is, your tune is rich. Your car should read full speed within 50-100 feet. Don't you have a friend who can tune your engine?
__________________
Palm Desert R/C Raceway - www.palmdesertrcraceway.com

JQ Products, Pro-Line, TKO, Buku, Werks Fuel, Savox, A Main Hobbies, and Uncle Don's Hobbies
8ight-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:52 PM   #28
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ight-racer View Post
Depending on how big your straightaway is, your tune is rich. Your car should read full speed within 50-100 feet. Don't you have a friend who can tune your engine?

the straight isnt that, long at my track yea i could lean the top end out more but im only on my second gallon.

its still pretty tight.

im talking about coming out of a corner and than hitting the straightaway.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:57 PM   #29
Tech Elite
 
NitroXray80809's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 3,249
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

honestly u can get a bucket full of tips but ur main tip will be go to the track and watch a race without running and look at what people do with there cars in the pits look at what they bring such as air compressor, easy up, water to clean wheels(some tracks dont have running water for racers to use), and etc. Then go talk to the guys and they will always help i havent met a local driver who wont help or talk much normally they will be ur set up tips and stuff because the locals know the track the best. Also you become friends with everyone they will be willing to let u use air compressior, pit in there shade and etc. Last is practice before just racing and drive smooth not fast, fast drivers always will break or break someone else and the end result makes someone really mad and the guy who drives like a crazy mad person is normally not liked much, and stay out of the better drivers way if they are laping you dont try to race them pull over and let them pass its way more respectful and they will respect you more and dont try to be the show off either by being the newbie and trying to keep up with the vetreins, the more practice you get the better u get.
__________________
Xray XB4 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Hobbywing | SpeedPassion | JC |

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:58 PM   #30
Tech Master
 
8ight-racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Posts: 1,087
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
the straight isnt that, long at my track yea i could lean the top end out more but im only on my second gallon.

its still pretty tight.

im talking about coming out of a corner and than hitting the straightaway.
The engine 2nd gallon is its prime time to run well.

What? At the last sentence
__________________
Palm Desert R/C Raceway - www.palmdesertrcraceway.com

JQ Products, Pro-Line, TKO, Buku, Werks Fuel, Savox, A Main Hobbies, and Uncle Don's Hobbies
8ight-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club oblivion Australian Racing 19736 01-14-2017 01:12 AM
Team Kamikaze Rc Racing Team Kamikaze Racing Forum 17924 08-31-2012 03:25 PM
REDLINE RC RACING,Southern Il.OVAL,OFFROAD,etc. nitrosteve Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 788 12-06-2010 06:02 PM
You might be addicted to nitro RC if..... mikenix Nitro Off-Road 33 11-21-2008 04:31 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:49 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net