R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-14-2010, 11:37 AM   #16
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jesse Robbers

The new 'small' transponder comes with a separate mount that you can use to screw to your chassis with the same screw spacing as the 'old' transponder. The new transponder is much smaller. The new transponder I believe isn't compatible with some of the older computer scoring software pushing tracks to buy newer scoring software. The new scoring software I believe will not be compatible with the 'cloned' non-amb transponders out there. You can send in your old transponders and upgrade them to the new smaller transponders for $35 each with no discount for multiple transponders. That is what I did recently. Or if you buy 3 or more new transponders from amb they give you a discount.

AMB also likes to charge a hefty 'shipping' fee, $20, when they end up using USPS small flat rate box ($5) + signature confirmation ($1) for a total of $6 shipping leaving $14 of the your 'shipping' expense unaccounted for. I called AMB to get my invoice shipping charge corrected but their response was shady and they only could say that $20 is their standard shipping and processing fee. I expressed to them that I was not content with that answer and responded with that was not good practice. If they needed to charge that then it might be a good idea to re-evaluate their margins on their product(s) rather than charging an additional fee for the heck of it with no reasonable explanation of the charge. The $14 isn't going to change any of our lifestyles, but it's just bad for them to do that and is something they shouldn't be doing. I guess with them having a monopoly on the market you have to pay it. Sort of like with rental cars or buying a car, there's numerous fees that are bogus. You can negotiate or ask for explanations for what they are but you will not receive an honest explanation of what it is and end up having to pay for them.
Sponsored by: O.S. Speed, KO Propo, Sidewinder, Tekin, Thunder Power, Lunsford, Skipgear.com, Fioroni, Avid R/C, GMK Supply, Competition Heat, Dialed Inc., LiveRC.com, DE Racing, CIG2O, ANDROID Nitro Runtime Calculator App
Jesse Robbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:08 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i have been doging buying a transponder for a long time. I would just use a friends or rent one at the track. I finally gave in and bought one. It's kinda like buying tires (on a real car), just one of those things you have to do but don't want to do because you don't really get any thing out of it.

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote