R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Quick Question Fellas (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/425571-quick-question-fellas.html)

NitroLuver 08-14-2010 01:05 AM

Quick Question Fellas

I recently got a Top bf(novarossi) and it had an untuneable carb so I tried to take it out and replace it with a standard nova one(to add venturi's) no luck there either..well I found an old Go tech case and swapped everything over...but now the compression is so tight it can pop the headbutton out. will this work? I mean it's awfully hard to turn over now(it was good before but now it's outrageous) any quick help would be great

thanks,
jayson

NitroXray80809 08-14-2010 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by NitroLuver (Post 7803746)
I recently got a Top bf(novarossi) and it had an untuneable carb so I tried to take it out and replace it with a standard nova one(to add venturi's) no luck there either..well I found an old Go tech case and swapped everything over...but now the compression is so tight it can pop the headbutton out. will this work? I mean it's awfully hard to turn over now(it was good before but now it's outrageous) any quick help would be great

thanks,
jayson

never heard of swaping the 2 but with most if not all engine new wont just turn over with out heating them up, get a blow dryier or heat gun(preferable heat gun its much faster) and heat the engine to about 170ish and then it will be way easier for it to crank over.

NitroLuver 08-14-2010 07:19 AM

it's not new though lol...it's got like 2 gallons on it..compression was not like that in the old case but when in the go case it's so much it actually pushes the sleeve back down...I think it won't work and i have taken it apart

Jaz240 08-14-2010 10:44 AM

did you lose any of the head shims when you did the swap?

NitroXray80809 08-14-2010 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by NitroLuver (Post 7804393)
it's not new though lol...it's got like 2 gallons on it..compression was not like that in the old case but when in the go case it's so much it actually pushes the sleeve back down...I think it won't work and i have taken it apart

I dont think GO and Nova have the same case specs to swap, The only engines ove heard os swapping between each other are 0.s v-spec to ninja, ninja to speed and v-spec to speed and a sirio evo and werks b5. I dont think this will work if GO is italian it might.

Rcrenew 08-14-2010 02:51 PM

+1 I dont think those cases are interchangeable, and if your engine feels different like that with more compression it means, something is off. The sleeve most likey sits lower in the crankcase, raising compression ratio and letting hte piston go past its normal TDC. hope this helps.:)

Lance,
Rcrenew.com

wingracer 08-14-2010 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Rcrenew (Post 7805509)
The sleeve most likey sits lower in the crankcase, raising compression ratio and letting hte piston go past its normal TDC.

That's what it sounds like to me too. Sleeve is sitting lower so piston is coming up higher.