R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-13-2010, 03:12 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Are you running a Gotech mill? lol Mine does that too. Junk...
moeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:14 PM   #17
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miniracer23 View Post
I've only seen the rod bushing thing happen once, but it would blow the plug immediately, and obliterate it at that.

It sounds kinda like the engine is a little hot. If the engine runs too lean, a lot of times it can still stay running, but the plug filiment will have enough of a crack or break to keep it from refiring.

yea that makes sense my, engine would refire kind of easy but there was plently of smoke so it wasnt running lean . the one thing a racer told me was as long as there is smoke out of the pipe your good.

but if there is a leak thats a diffrent story.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:17 AM   #18
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
i just replace my plug from, the one gallon i ran raced it but it was rich on the low end and running about 235 degress. and it actally gave up before my second gallon really because, it would just would keep on loading up and not idleing right . even if i tried to lean the low end to stop it from doing that and, i even messed with the high end needle a bit.

but with the new plug, the low end runs, better and a constant idle with no drop off and a new fresh prefilter filter and inner filter, and there was a light blue smoke when i hit the gas.

i got my broken in my edmods, and like a dummy dint ask how many tanks he ran though it . but its still tight enough were i cant turn the piston over by hand.
and the old plug, was brown on the suface and the coils i dint check but i am going to.

Thanks for the thread stealing.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf16731 View Post
How are the clutch bearings? If there is a little too much drag that might be causing the issue. But I am not so sure that it would pop the plug every time because of clutch bearings...

Thank you but I don't think that either. A bad clutch bearing wouldn't toast the plug every time the engine idle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miniracer23 View Post
I've only seen the rod bushing thing happen once, but it would blow the plug immediately, and obliterate it at that.

It sounds kinda like the engine is a little hot. If the engine runs too lean, a lot of times it can still stay running, but the plug filiment will have enough of a crack or break to keep it from refiring.

I don't think the bushing could cause this since it ONLY happens when the engine idles for a while and dies.

I think you are right with the "to lean" theory. The car is running too hot/lean and will keep the plug glowing for as long as it is running.
When I let the engine idle it cools down and start loading fuel in the crank so it will shut of. At that point the filament is already broken and will not fire up again.
Two issues here is a combination.
1. Running too lean/hot
2. To rich on LSN that builds up and kills it at idle

Thank you very much.... I will report back!
Old 08-14-2010, 01:26 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

if the plug is dicoloring i would try to re tune the engine before spending money on this stuff guys are saying. Set it to stock tune and gradually lean top and bottom till its running great and temp it so u can stay in prefered temp so you know that cant be an issue and im sure it wont happen again.

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 03:26 AM   #20
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeman View Post
Are you running a Gotech mill? lol Mine does that too. Junk...
have you tryed running "go engines" newer gx series? its 7 port version will blow a speed out the window an last just as long
Driving the best quality cars in the market.
808gx7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 04:10 AM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Maybe your temp. thingy is poo-poo. Go back a little rich and use some one else's next time.
The Working Man is offline   Reply With Quote