R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-12-2010, 04:43 AM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
You got that right! Ofna blue Truggy box FTW.
LOL !
Old 08-13-2010, 03:01 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Racer View Post
I have used the Ofna truggy box for a couple years, these Dynamite are just as good and cheaper!!!!

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...al-Starter-Box

Rex
I would agree Rex. I have both the Ofna Truggy Box and the Dynamite Dual and they might as well be the same. Just pay half as much for the Dynamite!
Old 08-16-2010, 10:29 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I bought the last dynamite starter box from stormerhobbies last week and got it on saturday. All i can say is the craftsmanship is second to none. I made a custom vinyl top cover for it and it will turn over anything.

I was breaking in a new go engine last week and they are known to have a ton of pinch and i was having to warm up the engine with a heat gun for a few minutes to get it to turn over on my old starter box. Well with the dynamite, those days are gone. I can turn it over with ease even when the engine is cold. I like it so much i bought a second one from elsewhere to have on hand for my truggy.

The only bad thing is you can to reset the pins for a buggy and truggy, but i figure at the price i can afford to have 2 on hand. One setup for my buggy and one for my truggy.

I'll be selling my losi starter box to help pay for the second box, so in the end it won't end up costing me very much. But either way i have nothing but great things to say about the dynamite starter box so far.

I can't compare it to the ofna box, but from what i've read they are very similar. Its also abit lighter and less bulky than the losi starter box so thats a plus.
jwm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:53 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

[QUOTE=jwm2;7813296]

The only bad thing is you can to reset the pins for a buggy and truggy, but i figure at the price i can afford to have 2 on hand. One setup for my buggy and one for my truggy.

[QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly
Old 08-16-2010, 11:54 AM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I can't believe the power of them. But the upside to having 2 starter boxes is that they actually fit on the starter better. With the losi starter box in the truggy mode it doesn't quite fit exactly where i want it, i'd have to move it slightly to get the wheel lined up correctly, its the same way with the buggy. But with the dynamite i can have them setup exactly the way i want it and lined up perfectly, so even a newb can start my rigs without issue. Imo its a good thing versus a bad thing, but the added weight of having 2 is worth it to me.

Also i like the fact it is universal, not made specifically for one type of vehicle. So down the road if i get into on-road racing all i have to do is move the wheel and adjust the pegs. Imo its alot more versital than the ofna truggy box and a wise purchase if your future is not set in stone.
jwm2 is offline   Reply With Quote