Wiki Posts
Search

Tuning help (T-maxx .15)

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 11:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Tuning help (T-maxx .15)

I have an old school T-Maxx with a Pro .15 and I can't get it to stay running. When I start it it sounds really rough, and if I give it throttle gently, it will get going up to about 10MPH, but if I try to give it any more throttle, or if I give it throttle suddenly, it stalls with a lot of blue smoke. I keep leaning it out until the HSN is like 1 turn out and it's the same deal. Lots of blue smoke and stalls as soon as I give it gas..
Old 08-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by norco kid
I have an old school T-Maxx with a Pro .15 and I can't get it to stay running. When I start it it sounds really rough, and if I give it throttle gently, it will get going up to about 10MPH, but if I try to give it any more throttle, or if I give it throttle suddenly, it stalls with a lot of blue smoke. I keep leaning it out until the HSN is like 1 turn out and it's the same deal. Lots of blue smoke and stalls as soon as I give it gas..
Richen the HSN to about 3 turns out and then lean out the LSN an hour at a time until it'll get its speed up. Once you get it going you'll need to retune the HSN but until it revs high enough that needle won't have as much of an effect as the LSN. The .15 pro is a very hard engine to tune. If its an old t-maxx then chances are the truck isn't worth putting a new engine in, unless you can get one next to free. If you get frustrated then you might want to start saving for a new rig.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Lol I have too many already.. I'm using this one as a beater cause I want to drive it in a mud pit and I don't have the heart to put any of my other trucks through that. I'll give it another shot at tuning and let you know how it goes! Thanks!