R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-10-2010, 10:17 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
BTW a pit man with fuel gun experience is faster but a pit man without fuel gun experience is faster with a bottle.
I'll second that. And furthermore, it's pretty difficult to pit single handily with a gun, not so much with a bottle.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:31 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neobart View Post
I'll second that. And furthermore, it's pretty difficult to pit single handily with a gun, not so much with a bottle.
They make the guns for a reason, they are faster. If you just show up at a race and have some racer help you, ya you should stick with the bottle. If you show up to race and to win you need to have a competent pit person and you need to practice pits with the fuel gun, you can pick up time in the pits. Every time I dont have my pit BIOTCH I end up with some one I dont know with shaky hands that is scared of the car and when they do figure out how to open the tank they stick the nozzel in the tank so far it bobbles and they think it's full but it isn't. The fuel gun is faster thats why everyone uses one..........................
KBRL Nitro Series
www.youtube.com/gsadvanced
Marcus Falconie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:37 AM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
Jammin krazy pits me with the fuel gun and i love it. I'm out so fast !!! Your my boy blue !!!!!

I want one but i can't afford the extra 40 bucks for it right now. But to be honest you need a guy who knows how to use one or it could ruin your race.

I won a race because of a fuel gun, after that moment i thought they were bad arse.
Not a problem buddy. Fuel guns indeed ARE faster if you know how to use one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastguy1 View Post
side note with my particular set up as we recently found out I either have to have a careful guy with a bottle or a fuel gun otherwise I flood the engine if the cap is slammed. but anyway I see people with caps on the losi guns..
anyone know what those are off of???
Yeah, I saw your incident in person this weekend. Just flooded the engine out.

The caps don't come with the guns, but they do come in the rebuild kit. Not sure how awesome they really are though. I've got one, but never seem to use it. It will keep the plunger O-ring clean sitting in a pit box. I don't know about using it in pit lane though. I've been using a losi gun for over 3 years now(on my 3rd gun) and I've never used that cap in pit lane. Just for storage.

Personally I just fill it up and hold it upside down with a thumb on the filling cap. Doesn't leak at all that way. You'll get a bit of fuel dripping out of the air tubes when you flip it over to use it, but that's normal. Been working for me for a long time now.

The biggest problem I see with the losi guns is how the trigger works. The O-rings in the trigger always seem to stick after awhile. I've tried replacing them once and it didn't do a damn thing(think I had a bad fuel gun body). That was on my second gun. The first one lasted 2 years. The one I'm using now already seems much better than second one. I think keeping the gun in a clean place as much as possible will help everything last better. I'm going to try keeping it stored in its factory packaging this time. We'll see how it lasts that way.

Anyway to the doubters, a fuel gun IS much faster and safer if the guy behind the trigger knows what they're doing.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:41 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
Not a problem buddy. Fuel guns indeed ARE faster if you know how to use one.

Yeah, I saw your incident in person this weekend. Just flooded the engine out.

The caps don't come with the guns, but they do come in the rebuild kit. Not sure how awesome they really are though. I've got one, but never seem to use it. It will keep the plunger O-ring clean sitting in a pit box. I don't know about using it in pit lane though. I've been using a losi gun for over 3 years now(on my 3rd gun) and I've never used that cap in pit lane. Just for storage.

Personally I just fill it up and hold it upside down with a thumb on the filling cap. Doesn't leak at all that way. You'll get a bit of fuel dripping out of the air tubes when you flip it over to use it, but that's normal. Been working for me for a long time now.

The biggest problem I see with the losi guns is how the trigger works. The O-rings in the trigger always seem to stick after awhile. I've tried replacing them once and it didn't do a damn thing(think I had a bad fuel gun body). That was on my second gun. The first one lasted 2 years. The one I'm using now already seems much better than second one. I think keeping the gun in a clean place as much as possible will help everything last better. I'm going to try keeping it stored in its factory packaging this time. We'll see how it lasts that way.

Anyway to the doubters, a fuel gun IS much faster and safer if the guy behind the trigger knows what they're doing.
like I said before if your trigger is sticking pull the gun apart and stretch out the spring, it works every time. The spring is weak in the Losi gun and alot of people stretch the springs, it helps push the trigger closed. PS I keep the gun in a ziplock freezer bag and it works good no air.
KBRL Nitro Series
www.youtube.com/gsadvanced
Marcus Falconie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:49 PM   #20
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie View Post
like I said before if your trigger is sticking pull the gun apart and stretch out the spring, it works every time. The spring is weak in the Losi gun and alot of people stretch the springs, it helps push the trigger closed. PS I keep the gun in a ziplock freezer bag and it works good no air.

X2 the spring could be quite a bit stronger and stretching it does the trick for now.

I Also store mine in a freezer zip loc.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote