Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What spare parts do you buy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 01:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
i have a question: this makes no sense, one bad landing and the rubber opens up and lets dirt in. then baking it in the oven seals them back up? well where did the dirt go that got in there after one bad landing?

not trying to start anything but that makes no sense at all, seems like it would make the bearing last even shorter amount of time. when i read your first post i thought you were joking then i read this one and i guess your not. please explain.
if you land sideways (on the tips of the wheels) they put alot of pressure on the bearings and move the seals. only bearings i've found(that does work with) are those tko bearings that are double sealed.

kinda hard to explain really. all i do is take seals off. spray with air, pack with xray grease. and then bake them. my bearings take about 3 months with heavy use to even get kinda gritty.
then before every dirt run i bake them. if running in like wet grass or even grass is use a sticky silicon out of a tube onto both sides of the bearings.

i didnt mean to start anything just that one guy always comments on my opinions. have reported him and was told by admin that im not the only one thats complained about him.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 808gx7r
if you land sideways (on the tips of the wheels) they put alot of pressure on the bearings and move the seals. only bearings i've found(that does work with) are those tko bearings that are double sealed.

kinda hard to explain really. all i do is take seals off. spray with air, pack with xray grease. and then bake them. my bearings take about 3 months with heavy use to even get kinda gritty.
then before every dirt run i bake them. if running in like wet grass or even grass is use a sticky silicon out of a tube onto both sides of the bearings.

i didnt mean to start anything just that one guy always comments on my opinions. have reported him and was told by admin that im not the only one thats complained about him.
ooo so the baking isnt to clean them its to re seat the seal to the proper setting to prevent the seal from falling off, when people read this it will make alot of sence people seen it as baking cleaned them lol. Its actually pretty smart idea.
+1
Old 08-12-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Man there is always that one guy. Hahaha
Old 08-12-2010, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

did I read this right, did you tattle, tell or snitch on a fellow racer cause he did not agree with your comment?
Old 08-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Piva
all i heard u saying in that post was 'im a little bitch that has nothing better to do then try n sound right n distract ppl from the original topic' i dont thing rctech is the right forum for u to b on.

in rc its good to have spares on hand n its also good to have a spare car. i think the smartest thing to do isfindsomeone selling a used car that u already have n use it as a spare parts car. that way ur not paying 500 bux for a new spare car n ull have parts

LMao !!!! Love it !
Old 08-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

soooooo.....how about those spares?
Old 08-12-2010, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jaykay098
soooooo.....how about those spares?
yeah basically everyone has there opinions but it wont hurt to carry all types of spares wheather it be bearings, hubs etc...If your lookin to spend i would but 2 kits for 2 reasons because if its a big break you can swap engines and put it in the second kit and swap radio trays and its solved which is way faster than changing a center diff bearing which i witnessed last week in a buddies xray. He missed a 30min main because 1 diff bearing took a crap and funny thing is he has 3 xrays but didnt bring them because wasnt exspecting a break but you never know what can happen. Honestly i dont have 2 kits or spares so if i break my day is more than likely over but if you got the money to buy alot of spares have atleast one of everything.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I can build two....maybe more...both trug and bug from the parts in my pit box.

You need it...I've got it.

Needless to say....at our track....you need to run what I do....
Old 08-14-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

and I keep my old parts that aren't totally spent...

a guy breaks an arm before the main....he's happy to slap a used arm on his model to make the race...free and it gets the job done.

helping is happy....