R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-09-2010, 10:46 AM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default its all explained. ull wanna read this!

i was at milestone yesterday n was walking around looking at all the stuff n so i walked by chad bradleys sc truck n noticed a tire, now before i tell u about that tire ill say this. iv been waiting a long ass time to see a crime fighter and a bowtie to come out in vtr for truggy but no pl never released it. now back to this tire, i say to myself iv seen this tire down the middle yes its a crimfighter but why does the outside tread look familiar man it looks like n ibeam so i decided to ask some questions n finally i get my answer....

BOWFIGHTERS!

all in one!

n being made for 8th scale soon. my dream tire.

so now i wait n see how long it takes for this tire to release for my truck. i heard this tire comes out within a couple weeks but thats sc or 10th scale. man that tire was a beauty.
Matt Piva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:00 AM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to camocowboy

You are aware that BOWFIGHTERS describes running two different tires right? Crimefighters in front for more side bite for steering and bowties in the rear for more forward and less side bite. Combining the two on one tire tread would be innovative and may make for a good tread but would not serve the same purpose as running the two different tires.
#92 Greg Singletary
Punched R/C Productions - Ascendancy Racing - Byrons Fuel - JGO Paint - The Nitro Pit - One Hobbies Shop and INDOOR RACEWAY
camocowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:26 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I was pitting at the Proline booth for the SC race and they had the Bowfighter tire. It was good for the qualifiers but in the main a lot of people went with Holeshots.
Attached Thumbnails
its all explained. ull wanna read this!-bowfighter.jpg  

JQ Products, Pro-Line, TKO, Buku, Werks Fuel, Savox, A Main Hobbies, and Uncle Don's Hobbies
8ight-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:33 AM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ight-racer View Post
I was pitting at the Proline booth for the SC race and they had the Bowfighter tire. It was good for the qualifiers but in the main a lot of people went with Holeshots.
well there it is, i wasnt expecting a picture lol. anyways i realize this tire mite not have the same feel as bowfighters we use today where its a combination between running crimefighters upfront n bowties in the rear but this tire none the less looked great. it almost reminded me of a tire that looked like a tire panther already has on the market but its proline n its a bowfighter, with that said i was jawdropped.
Matt Piva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:49 AM   #5
Tech Addict

hmm seems a odd one... but i'm sure it will suit some tracks well.. I prefer the idea of Bow Fighter.. than running that.. -but with that being said, would be interesting to try them.... It will have less forward bite than bows.. and less side bite then crimes.. seems as though the option it could be is on the front sort of a semi crime.. if crime's are to edgy for that track.. -But then you always have the option of cutting the outer edge 45 degrees..

would be interesting to try.. but cant see it being much better than Bow Fighter combo..
jamiekerr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:54 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Definetly going to get a set when they come out. So what's next Hole-Burbs, Cali-shots,Dirty-Fighters,Tie-Coils. I'm all for it.
-R2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:14 PM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Only problem I see is......what are we suposed to call the bowtie/crimefighter combo now, the org I mean, the TieFighter.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:24 PM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neobart View Post
Only problem I see is......what are we suposed to call the bowtie/crimefighter combo now, the org I mean, the TieFighter.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:41 PM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

They plan to release it for short course only on the 15th, and their short course line doesn't have a crimefighter or normal bowtie tread. I would compare it to AKA Enduros.

JQ Products, Pro-Line, TKO, Buku, Werks Fuel, Savox, A Main Hobbies, and Uncle Don's Hobbies
8ight-racer is offline   Reply With Quote