Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
Somebody ban this jackass !
no need for insults
Old 08-10-2010, 08:19 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

on the werks b5 or b6 is there any other rod, piston, sleeve, crank, head, from a differnt brand that will fit on these?? i know some GO parts fit the nova, just wondering?
Old 08-10-2010, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
Somebody ban you !
maybe both of you the since it seems the problem is with you both
Old 08-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Who's Rob?
Old 08-10-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roots
trying to decide between the 2. Have owned a p-5 and loved it. Price is a little more than the werks. Werks gets 10 to a tank. Not sure which one has the better bottom but werks seems to be very smooth. The only issue for me against the werks is the cost of their pipes. Can get an 086 for the nova cheaper. Help me out guys i am going nuts!!
hopefully you had your question answered somewhere in this mess.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have run both engines a fair bit...here is how I compare them....Nova P5 runs nice, has decent low end power, but falls dead flat on the top end....... The B6 has similar low end power, but applies it smoother and has a much stronger top end run out.... IMO the B6 has a better powerband for offroad racing.... The B6 also gets noticeably better runtimes......... IMHO the B6 is a more modern design with its powerband better tailored to todays offroad racing...the P5 is a good engine, but its was outdated 3 years ago ..... The P5 would be great if it had a better top end, but I find it to really hit a wall and fall flat in the upper end, the B6 doesn't do this and will pull nicely to a screaming top end....
Old 08-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Any engine will flame out if you dont tune correctly.......I see all brands of engine flame out, all the time from guys who just have there tune off. It will happened to any engine. I have had one flame out since October 09 running Werks engines. Weather change to evening. NOt the engines fault. I am always the one that never flames out at the races.... But I dont say novas are junk because I see people flame out all the time with them. because I know it not the engines fault, it is the tuner. 99% of all engine trouble is from the user. And lets face it, just because people are racing does not mean they are a great tuner. So to blame any engine for flaming out is just dumb. And i know a LOT of guys who race Werks engines out in my area and have great results and actually have had less engine issues than with other brands.

Thanks,
Lance

Last edited by heidmann1; 08-10-2010 at 09:44 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-10-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
maybe both of you the since it seems the problem is with you both
Maximo is a great guy, I just think RbFIves constant and rediculous comments are getting under peoples skin on these forums. And like myself, surprised that it is allowed to go on? With comments like his, threads can easily get out of control and lose composure.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

play nice

Last edited by J.Whiting; 08-10-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

thread is open.. keep on point.. last chance........
Old 08-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

People prefer different things. We can't all love the same thing. That's the problem with these this vs that threads. Honestly you just have to try them for yourself and find what works for you.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I've watched Lance run his and the engine is superb..I've also watched other guys run theirs and them perform great. I know it doesn't help but both are good engines. OP may I ask which motor you're leaning towards? haha you haven't posted in a while
Old 08-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

^^speechless...
Old 08-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hello

I have never run a B6 so all I can say is based on observation. It seems like a great engine, similar to the smoothness of a plus-4.

Now the P5 I do have plenty of experiene with.

It has explosive bottom end and tops out at about 32,000 Rpm's...

Not the most top end in history, but it is one of the best engines in history.

If you need more speed in a P5, simply gear up one tooth on the bell. the p5 can handle it, and that would equall a plus-4 in the power curve department.

The p5 has a new 2010 version with several features that set it apart from other similarly priced engines. It's on A Main for 250 dollars, not bad for a high end engine. It used to be about 280 back in the day so it's nice to see the price drop a bit over time while improvements are made.

The crank has been opened up a bit, and that has to be a good thing....

The head has been reinforced on the top fin and lowered and drilled out, and includes an o-ring sealed head, to reduce vibrations, button in turbo style.

The case has been annodized black to match the other Nova engines, and the case has been slightly changed internally to improve fuel delievery.

The carburator is the newer design with the better, longer, low end needle, and the idle screw is now on the top side for easier tuning. and comes with a 12 dollar Nova glowplug and all the carb inserts you will need...

The most valued reason why the P5 has been around for so long is the dependability, and the consistency of manufacturing. Every one I've personally broken in had exaxtly the same tightness in the piston area, took the same 1 gallon to break in, and lasted from 6-10 gallons depending on how it was treated....

The other important thing about a p5 is the torque gets you up and out of turns to clear those weird jumps that are right after the turns when you don't have much run up, and has been good on gas mileage long before the efficient engines of today....From 8-10 minutes depending on you trigger finger and the climate....etc....

I say on a Mugen mbx6 for example a 13 tooth bell would work great on a tight technical small to medium sized track with a 9853ss pipe and short round header

On a larger flowing track a 14 tooth bell and 9886 or 9853 pipe will give you the top end you need while giving you plenty of bottom end, it will never go away, and still rip on the top....

So really it gives you tuning options by having so much power down low...It's like electric motors it's all in the gearing..

It likes to run at 230 in the cooler days or fall, and 250 in the hot dog days of summer, pretty consistent......

And that Blue engine that flamed was a real pain, I had one, But it was the only Novarossi engine to have that problem, one bad engine in all the years ain't so bad.....Every other one has been awesome...

Bottom line is Novarossi and Werks engines are both great Italian engines,,,

You really can't go wrong with either engine, I just have a lot of experience with Novarossi engines, and can only give that information to help in the decision process.....

So let's all try to be nice.....

No engine is perfect, and there are very few bad engines on the market....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.