R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-09-2010, 12:17 PM   #31
Tech Champion
 
Maximo's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,900
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
Cause i counted flameouts and suggested something other then a werks motor ?
no not at all... nothing wrong with pointing out your observations and making your suggestions....... However you have gone way beyond that and attacked the Werk's motors like you have a personal vendetta with the brand... which fortunately takes away any credibility from what you are trying to say... Now anything you say against Werk's is nothing more then just hate and trolling, so its not only very unconvincing , it also turns more people against you then anything else....

I have run many engines in my years, been tinkering with Nitro's since 1985 , successfully modified 100's of engines for customers around the globe and would consider myself a very good judge of a product... And anyone who knows me or has done business with me knows I am a no bullshit kind of guy.... And I will say that the werk's engines are among the finest running and performing nitro engines I have ever come across period !...
__________________
http://www.thenitroshop.com/
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:26 PM   #32
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 476
Default

I had my share of mills, allways trying to find something better.
I've settled now, P5 (preferably HES mod, but a stock will do just fine).
__________________
MBX-6
Caster MK2 / N21BF / P5XLT H.E.S.
casevac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:35 PM   #33
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: WV
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
Fixed it...for you. Looks like you don't have all the facts.

Thought we were comparing a p5xlt to a B6 ?

we all know all engines flame and lots a stuff can happen. But it's just way more consistant with some brands.
Yes we are comparing a p5 to werks b6 so maybe if we're discussing flameouts with a werks then we should pick a comparison where there is both a p5 and a werks at the same place at the same event, there wasn't a p5 at the whole event! Noone runs that engine and I'm guessing there is a reason for it. Either doesn't matter to me I run orion engines, but if werks releases a new 3 port I'm gettin it.
TheTopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:13 PM   #34
Tech Adept
 
Signal151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 166
Default

A pretty disgraceful showing by most of the Novarossi fans in this discussion thus far. You're not helping your brand by acting in such a way.

I commend Werks and Ron for trying to bring quality and exceptional value to the industry. Because of this, a B6 will be the next powerplant for my buggy.

That said, I doubt the OP could go wrong with either engine. Both will likely serve you well and have all the power you'll need.
__________________
Durango DNX408 - Orion Alpha CRF MTE | Nitrotane | Competition Heat | JR Racing | Savox | AKA Tires | Ascendancy
Losi 8IGHT 2.0 - nVision S21 R | Nitrotane | Competition Heat | JR Racing | AKA Tires | Outerwears | JConcepts | DE Racing
Losi 8IGHT-E - Excelorin Brushless | HITEC | 4s G-Force LiPo | AKA Tires
Signal151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:17 PM   #35
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Omaha,NE
Posts: 2,549
Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default

Every racer has his own opinion to which motor suits him the best, personally I've ran almost all brands with the exception of werks and rb. For me it's highly unlikely I would switch from novarossi becuz I'm happy with there performance and longevity. I'm sure the werks is a excellent product, but the only way to find out which is for you is to run one.
WideOpenThrottle RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:07 PM   #36
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Some where
Posts: 3,015
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
haha have fun

The werks engines are junk i see those things flame out religiously !!

counted 7 before the b mains at the OHio state fair race. Not to mention... the other one after the fact.


Ron is just trying to make a buck. I'm not, we tried these engines and we all ahve moved on to nova's and speeds. jajajajaja junnnnnklkkk


Just ask CJ weaver i watched him flame out 3 times and that dude quad racer 34 flamed twice when i saw him.....

dan yourga flamed........toooo

oh rob betts all the time finished like 1 of 8 mains.....


hahahahah should i go on ?

I seen a guy screaming at his kid at a race yesterday over a werks motor running like crap. Nuff said.

jajajaja junnnkkkkkk !!!!
why so angry? all motors flameout

I've watched werks, nova's,speeds,etc. flameout..and I've also seen werks,nova's,speeds etc. perform well on the track...the OP asked which people preferred. I still say both are excellent motors but I am looking to try something new in the werks brand. I've done research as well as watched them at the races and both pros and average joe's like myself seem to have great success with them(the werks b5/b6 that is)
__________________
T5M 7.5
22 3.0 7.5
SickWitiTRacing(Jayson)
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:43 PM   #37
Tech Elite
 
blktransam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: IOWA
Posts: 4,242
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

there were more flameouts from the werks engines because more werks engines were their all kidding aside. I have not had one flameout with my werks B5 or B6.....but I also run fresh glowplugs,fresh fuel,and dont jack with my tune all day long and get it out of whack ...have 3 gallons on my B6 and 2.5 on my B5..they are still babies but have never done me wrong thus far.
__________________
-Ryan Klemme
NemoRacingUSA.com,Beta tires,Agama, Triton Engines, Rocket Graphics, Byron Fuels, RcRenew, Major Art & Hobby, BuKu Products,
Midwest team manager for Nemoracingusa
Owner of Midwest Rc Tour
blktransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:48 PM   #38
Tech Master
 
LI Raceway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Farmingdale NY
Posts: 1,162
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

This is Rob Betts here since I have run werks engines I have flamed one time without knowing why. It's the same race I found a nice dent in my chassis under the clutch bell so I can assume it was a rock, but without seeing the rock can't be sure. The 2 other times I didn't finish A mains my fuel line got cut in the same place. So no fuel no run even rb five's beloved nitrotec won't run without fuel. If he's the only one making you think twice ignore it. He clearly has issues for some reasons with the engine. Who else sits and counts engine flameouts. Plus I know he and his crew have had engine flameouts and I don't see him reporting them on the forums. I know about 5 guys with the werks engines all very happy. Yes some have moved on to try other things suchs as os speeds, but just to try different stuff.
__________________
Rob Betts
Team Kyosho/Peak Racing/Werks Racing/J-Concepts/Millennium Hyundai/Island Raceway
LI Raceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:46 PM   #39
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

I truly believe Werks makes very nice engines, but have to admit, they seem to flame out easier than some other brands. That's all I will say. Nova's are solid and don't have flame out issues. But they are a major pain to break in. Personally, I'm an OS guy.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:05 AM   #40
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,615
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

This thread, just like all of the this engine versus that engine threads is getting out of hand. Here is my take on things, do our engines flame out? Yes, do other brands of engines flame out? Yes. Will any engine flame out if not tuned properly? Yes. So if an engine is in proper operating condition and tuned properly the moral of the story is it will not flame out, period. Novarossi makes good engines, we make good engines, OS makes good engine and so do several other companies. Any of these engines if not tuned properly or not maintained properly will not function properly and how will you see this? Probably through them flaming out lol!

I can say from personal experience and from running with Kortz, his B5 and B6 engines have never flamed out at a race. Is this because he gets some type of magical super engines that have back plates riveted on like the other brand in discussion on this thread? No, he runs box stock engines and when I send him motors I simply take a random box off the shelf and send it to him. Your favorite shop, distributor or team driver has just as much chance as getting that engine as he does because I do not take them apart before sending them to him. I do this because I use him as another way of checking to make sure that our products are operating properly. So there is no cherry picking or anything going on. So the question them becomes why does he (and the vast majority of other people) not have issues but a few random people do? It probably has a bit to do with understanding how to tune the engine properly, and I say that without knocking anyone's skills or anything else. Each brand/type of engine simply tunes differently and it just takes a little bit of time to come to terms with the differences when switching from one brand to another, that is it.

Now I'm not the one to normally start slinging dirt but I think that some of the people on here might benefit from a little history lesson. So what I will say for all of the Nova people that seem to take a liking to bashing our products is this. In all of the time that I have been involved with RC racing (10+ years) I have never, ever (let me repeat that again ever, ever, ever) seen a top pro and paid driver break a contract with an engine manufacturer and stop running their products mid contract because they could not finish a single race without flaming out..... except once. I will also add that this companies support included having representatives from the factory in Italy at these races in the US and also included a dedicated "engine tuner" from Italy that was sent to a couple of races to do nothing but tune this one drivers engine, and he stilled flamed out in the final! For those of your wondering this driver later went on to win the US Nationals and become one of the top drivers racing today. And the name of the engine company that he frankly gave up on because he could not finish a race with their motors even with Italian wonder kids tuning them started with an "n" and ended with an "ossi".

I'm not naming names as I'm not trying to drag anyone through the dirt with this because I respect that person for taking the risk of potentially harming his name to do what he thought was right for his career and his own personal success so I'm not going to go any further into this. I mention this solely so that those people that seem to be preaching from a pulpit (which I will point out is usually because they are either financially dependent on the sale of another brand of engines or have a personal vendetta against us (both of which I think is pretty obvious when you read their posts)) are brought back to reality about their supposed infallible engine brand.

For the rest as I have mentioned to the OP once before there are a ton of good brands of engines on the market available at prices that to date have been un-heard of. I would like to think that I had something to do with that and like me and my product or hate me and my products I think that all of the consumers in this hobby will ultimately benefit from the things that I have done and products that we have released especially over the last year with our B5 & B6.

As far as which engine you choose to go with, talk to people at your track & talk to people at your local shops. Find one that fits in your budget and one that you can get support for if and when you need help and pull the trigger. If it is a Nova, Werks, OS, OD, Orion, RB or whatever honestly I don't care. What I do care about is that at the end of the day you are happy with your decision and continue participating in this hobby which ultimately benefits everyone!

Regards,

Ron
Werks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:16 AM   #41
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 7,916
Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)
Default

i am just a club racer and somtimes get my ass handed to me at a big race. i feel any engine that runs great is a good engine, i started with OS, went to OFNA, then GO, just got a NOVA PLUS4, may just try a WERKS next, i am not one who likes to just stick to one brand, like to experiment with differnt brands. so far the GO and NOVA seem to be my favorites, was not impressed at all useing the OS motors, (IMO, everybody has one) they are way way over rated!! ill try a werks out next!
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:42 AM   #42
Tech Champion
 
Jason Pelletier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 8,820
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Raceway View Post
This is Rob Betts here since I have run werks engines I have flamed one time without knowing why. It's the same race I found a nice dent in my chassis under the clutch bell so I can assume it was a rock, but without seeing the rock can't be sure. The 2 other times I didn't finish A mains my fuel line got cut in the same place. So no fuel no run even rb five's beloved nitrotec won't run without fuel. If he's the only one making you think twice ignore it. He clearly has issues for some reasons with the engine. Who else sits and counts engine flameouts. Plus I know he and his crew have had engine flameouts and I don't see him reporting them on the forums. I know about 5 guys with the werks engines all very happy. Yes some have moved on to try other things suchs as os speeds, but just to try different stuff.
Glad you know why you dnf'd out of those 7 races.......

hahaha BS you never finish !!!! Your sponsored and you can't even keep your car running.

so you flame out every race but one and it was cause you don't know how to build a car.

when did we flame ? hmm ummm we haven't since me and steve ditched those werks b5's. Only time i had trouble was at BD when my klunk folded in half.

It's easy to count them when people are running across the track while your racing and you have to run them back while marshalling.

Plus it's fun to laugh at all the morons trying to restart them.

If you flame again at Bd you will be 1/9 hahahahah your engines are garbage and u know it.


See you there...... better not flame.... I'm counting...


It's far from a secret dear robbie. Your in denial. Werks engines are built on the unemployment line.



OP/TS

So to be back on topic i suggest the p5xlt over the werks B6.
__________________
Island Raceway & Hobby
Jason Pelletier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:50 AM   #43
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 26,780
Trader Rating: 181 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
Glad you know why you dnf'd out of those 7 races.......

hahaha BS you never finish !!!! Your sponsored and you can't even keep your car running.

so you flame out every race but one and it was cause you don't know how to build a car.

when did we flame ? hmm ummm we haven't since me and steve ditched those werks b5's. Only time i had trouble was at BD when my klunk folded in half.

It's easy to count them when people are running across the track while your racing and you have to run them back while marshalling.

Plus it's fun to laugh at all the morons trying to restart them.

If you flame again at Bd you will be 1/9 hahahahah your engines are garbage and u know it.


See you there...... better not flame.... I'm counting...


It's far from a secret dear robbie. Your in denial. Werks engines are built on the unemployment line.



OP/TS

So to be back on topic i suggest the p5xlt over the werks B6.
ok you voiced your opinion now you can move on.


(flame out? maybe get someone else to tune your motor)
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:02 AM   #44
Tech Champion
 
Jason Pelletier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 8,820
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
ok you voiced your opinion now you can move on.


(flame out? maybe get someone else to tune your motor)

Yea that's a good idea. If i have time i'll help rob with it.
__________________
Island Raceway & Hobby
Jason Pelletier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:13 AM   #45
Tech Champion
 
Maximo's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,900
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Somebody ban this jackass !
__________________
http://www.thenitroshop.com/
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:48 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net