R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-07-2010, 03:46 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: at the track
Posts: 832
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Droop setting

Please help me understand it. I have a losi 8T 1.0 and 8B 1.0. I cant figure out how important it is. Tried to play around at the track with different setting. Totally clueless. Many thanks.

P.S My losi are running very loose on "on-power" steering too..
xxx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 05:19 PM   #2
Tech Apprentice
 
fattyalan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 89
Default YOUR BIBLE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx123 View Post
Please help me understand it. I have a losi 8T 1.0 and 8B 1.0. I cant figure out how important it is. Tried to play around at the track with different setting. Totally clueless. Many thanks.

P.S My losi are running very loose on "on-power" steering too..
here you go mate
download it and it will be your bible through Off road rc
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...p?file_id=4461

it has other stuff inside as well have fun
__________________
Hot Bodies D8
O.S V-spec EB mods
Spektrum DX3R
Nitro-X Fuel
fattyalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:13 PM   #3
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx123 View Post
Please help me understand it. I have a losi 8T 1.0 and 8B 1.0. I cant figure out how important it is. Tried to play around at the track with different setting. Totally clueless. Many thanks.

P.S My losi are running very loose on "on-power" steering too..



i have a eight-t 1.0 too, if its loose on power get the 3/3 rear toe in plate that will help a lot with the rear being more stable.


but it does take some steering away.

and also use the thinnest rear sway bar for more grip.

once you get a good setup on the eight - t its not bad.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:31 PM   #4
Tech Regular
 
rotarynut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Duluth,Ga.
Posts: 266
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Thumbs up Off road bible

It really splains things, it answered a bunch of stuff that wasn't clear to me. good link
__________________
Robert S.
CEN Matrix R2 1/8 Buggy, Novarossi Toronero H.E.S.Tuned 9901/41021, Hitec HS-7955TG/5625M
Losi 8ight-T 2.0,BCE chassis, Novarossi 21-7 FMS H.E.S. Tuned 2084SS/41021
Hitec HS-7955TG/5645MG - Stickman Batteries -Airtronics M11x
Traxxas Summit 1/10 on Gens Ace 2S lipos 5000mah
rotarynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:02 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: at the track
Posts: 832
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
i have a eight-t 1.0 too, if its loose on power get the 3/3 rear toe in plate that will help a lot with the rear being more stable.


but it does take some steering away.

and also use the thinnest rear sway bar for more grip.

once you get a good setup on the eight - t its not bad.
thinnest sway bar for front or back?? tx
xxx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:10 PM   #6
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx123 View Post
thinnest sway bar for front or back?? tx


back i havnt tried a thinner front sway bar yet.

what is the track suface like where you race on ?

also make the rear ride height, low as you can where the rear arms are level .

and for the front make it about 2mm higher than the rear.

and the gray rear springs, work the best and the front black springs also.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:25 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: at the track
Posts: 832
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Looks like the droop screws are used to fine tune the ride height...
xxx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:28 PM   #8
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: at the track
Posts: 832
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
back i havnt tried a thinner front sway bar yet.

what is the track suface like where you race on ?

also make the rear ride height, low as you can where the rear arms are level .

and for the front make it about 2mm higher than the rear.

and the gray rear springs, work the best and the front black springs also.
My track is havng a lot of ripples turns and many quad midgit jumps...
xxx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:32 PM   #9
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx123 View Post
My track is havng a lot of ripples turns and many quad midgit jumps...

than try the things im using than , make the rear a little higher than since you have quad midgit jumps.

i race on a rough rutty track and its dusty most of the time.

are you using the short rack for the steering ?
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:42 AM   #10
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx123 View Post
Looks like the droop screws are used to fine tune the ride height...
The dropscrews are used for adjusting arm-travel. It's with the shocks you adjust rideheight (using spacers on the shocks, on a Kyosho).
__________________
Niklas Hansen
Team TCHobby / Team Upgrade-RC
Tamiya TRF417 / Speed Passion GT2.0 / Speed Passion V3 motors.
Nilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BNT Droop Screws xxxntmaster Nitro Off-Road 80 03-14-2013 11:49 AM
Correct Droop Setting...Help! Terry M Electric On-Road 15 04-25-2008 11:20 PM
setting droop correctly? sbmon Nitro On-Road 128 12-30-2003 05:24 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:03 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net