Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Novarossi 367 plus 2 or novarossi 21-7bt?? >

Novarossi 367 plus 2 or novarossi 21-7bt??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novarossi 367 plus 2 or novarossi 21-7bt??

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 05:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Novarossi 367 plus 2 or novarossi 21-7bt??

just wanna know which of the 2 nova engines are reliable,eventhough they are older nova models..thanks!
Old 08-07-2010, 08:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I have the 367 plus 2 engine and it is awesome. I have had it for a year now and have around 6 gallons on it and have had nothing wrong with it. It's a powerful engine too. I can clear alot of the bigger jumps with it without much of a run up needed. It just screams down the straights too. I could start even with a guy and by the end of the straight, I would be about 25 ft in front of him. It's a good, strong, reliable engine. I never have to worry about it not starting or anything. The only thing I don't like about it is that it uses standard plugs. But you can buy the button to make it use turbo plugs. So to help you out, I would go with the 367. It's one good motor.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have 5 367's and one FMS, the 367 is ballistic, I don't think any stock motor will come close, but it is tune picky. Personally I pull faster laps with the 367, but I am faster with the OS speed, the 367 is just crazy fast when properly tuned and I am on the brakes or pipe most of the time, the OS is much smother power delivery, but the 367 is a blast if you can drive it
Old 08-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The 367and the FMS are all based on the older NR 21-7. I would get the 367 because I think it's lighter(drilled head). I have both a 367 and a FMS. The FMS is a way better motor, alot more bottom-end and to me more stable. I tried a turbo button in my 367 and lost alot of bottom-end, so I went back to the standard button. I never had a plain 21-7 so I really can't comment on it's
performance, but I heard good things about it.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by topcat-lll
The 367and the FMS are all based on the older NR 21-7. I would get the 367 because I think it's lighter(drilled head). I have both a 367 and a FMS. The FMS is a way better motor, alot more bottom-end and to me more stable. I tried a turbo button in my 367 and lost alot of bottom-end, so I went back to the standard button. I never had a plain 21-7 so I really can't comment on it's
performance, but I heard good things about it.
fyi , the 367 is a totally different port design than the 21-7 and the fms is also completely different than either of the aforementioned

most of these HIGH rpm engines are based off of on road engines
yes i do know
Old 08-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Houston ia 110% right
Old 08-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default My opinion

I had a 367, and it was really nice, but it flamed out during the main...I thought it was this and that, but never really resolved the issue. a friend got one too, and it does the same thing, and since I got an FMS I've been so much happier. I trade off between the p5, and the FMS...One torque, one everything.....I can honestly say the FMS is the best engine I've ever owned. My buggy flies......You don't have to push it hard to go fast. It makes it easier to drive calmly.....

Trust me, if you have 300 bucks to spend, go for the FMS. You will grin. Easy to tune, and enough power to do whatever you want....

If your track is dry and slick, you may want to save the FMS for higher traction tracks, or larger tracks......
Old 08-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I had a couple of 367's, both Hott Mods.

I had some issues with the turbo plugs and pretty much gave up on them. Rossi's can do that to a person. LOL. Set one back up for a standard plug and sold it to a local racer and he's been very happy with it. Tune is not spot on, but always runs for him. Makes me wish I would have kept it. In a buugy the motor is right on the border of overkill, but with the right pipe in a truggy was fun to drive. Don't know much on the FMS one other than the couple I have seen run looked real good. The only thing I would look at is getting parts for the 367 should you need them. May be the deciding factor. You could go with the Toro Nero, which I think is a refined version of the 367. Houston would better be able to comment on that and what parts could be used in the 367. If enough parts can work between both motors than the 367 may be a little bit better, if you can get it for the right price.