Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diff Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Tech Adept

Default Diff Problem

Ok I was fixing my front differential case of my Losi 8oght 2.0. I took out the four screws holding the case together. I took out the large gear from it. After i got to the smaller gear that turns the larger one i couldnt get the setscrew holding the pinion coupler onto the gear. I know that it may have Losi-Lok (Lock Tight) on it so how would i go by getting it off
Old 08-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

You could try using the tip of a soldering iron to heat up just the set screw and loosen the lock tite.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Heat gun or hair dryer to try heating up the losi-lok. If it is losi-lok it's supposed to be easily removed with tools. Are you talking about the set screw in the driver adapter under the dust boot??

by the way MotoGod, love the avatar.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

hehe Thanks Jeff! Crabman lives on forever....
Old 08-12-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RC_Jeff
Heat gun or hair dryer to try heating up the losi-lok. If it is losi-lok it's supposed to be easily removed with tools. Are you talking about the set screw in the driver adapter under the dust boot??

by the way MotoGod, love the avatar.
I am taking out the setscrew inside the front diff case on the thing that turns the gear
Old 08-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shadowhope
I am taking out the setscrew inside the front diff case on the thing that turns the gear
pics will help alot im confused here, setscrew on the front of the diff case?

snap a pic, upload to photobucket then copy the img code and paste here so we can see it.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There is no setscrew inside the diff case on an 8. The set screw is in front of the case where the drive shaft attaches to the pinion gear. But anyways just like the rest said heat it up and it should come lose
Old 08-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Adept

Wont let me post a pic, but go to google or something and type in rc pinion coupler and look at images it will be the first pic and that is the screw that i need to get out and that is the part that it is in
Old 08-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Tech Adept

impaktrc.com/images/LOSA3514-450.jpg
Old 08-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

oo yea that hold ur pinion to ur cvd, once u remove the set screw the pinion gear will slide right out of the diff case, if u strip it which isnt good u would have to drill it out cus dremel wount work unless u get luck but if its not stripped and worried about stripping heat it up like moto and jeff said and it will loosen up way easier.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
oo yea that hold ur pinion to ur cvd, once u remove the set screw the pinion gear will slide right out of the diff case, if u strip it which isnt good u would have to drill it out cus dremel wount work unless u get luck but if its not stripped and worried about stripping heat it up like moto and jeff said and it will loosen up way easier.
Well i have tried heating it up and i have ruined 5 wernches on it
Old 08-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Well i have tried heating it up and i have ruined 5 wernches on it
ruined 5 wrenches without stripping the set screwwow last resort would be drill it out but you will need a whole new piece but you shouldnt need to remove that unless case is cracked, bearing is bad, or pinion gear is shreaded and if the pinion is shreaded im sure ur outter diff gear is hurt aswell.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

ruined 5 wrenches without stripping the set screwwow last resort would be drill it out but you will need a whole new piece but you shouldnt need to remove that unless case is cracked, bearing is bad, or pinion gear is shreaded and if the pinion is shreaded im sure ur outter diff gear is hurt aswell.

k il let you know if i ever get it out
Old 08-13-2010, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

k il let you know if i ever get it out
yeah if theres nothin hurt i would leave it alone, lost diff bearing dont really go bad fo a long time and pinions should last forever only issue is cvd wear ond once thats wore out you will need a whole cvd anyways so the drill wont hurt. The only thing u drill into is the cvd so ur pinion will not be affected.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Tech Adept

yeah if theres nothin hurt i would leave it alone, lost diff bearing dont really go bad fo a long time and pinions should last forever only issue is cvd wear ond once thats wore out you will need a whole cvd anyways so the drill wont hurt. The only thing u drill into is the cvd so ur pinion will not be affected.

actually the front diff is screwed up cause these 2 prongs on the top are broke off cause i ran it into the tire of a car (dont even ask) so i dont just wanna waste a perfectly good parts in there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.