Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Who makes the best starter box to handle multiple cars?? >

Who makes the best starter box to handle multiple cars??

Who makes the best starter box to handle multiple cars??

Old 08-10-2010, 06:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whitey!!
this doesnt really go along with this conversation but its the closest posting ive found lol

but does anybody use a 12v gel cell battery in their starter box? instead of two battery packs. and if so what are some comments. if thats a bad idea what are some other suggestions? thanks!
I have one still no advantage, heavy as a sack of bricks. Mine came with it when I got the box. Gonna order a 4s from hobbyking soon.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Initiate

rotostart...it will start anything provided that your set up for it
Old 08-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

You could buy a few extra tops for whatever box that you have and just switch them out.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Tech Adept

but does anybody use a 12v gel cell battery in their starter box? instead of two battery packs. and if so what are some comments. if thats a bad idea what are some other suggestions? thanks!
Yes, I use a 12v gel cell in my Ofna chrome top with one 12v motor and power panel for glow ignitor. Works great although it is a heavy beast.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Dr. Evil,

I actually swap tops on my Ofna chrome top box for my 2 R/C cars. This takes less than a minute to do and works perfectly.

BTW, I made the 2nd top out of some sheet aluminum I had laying around.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I start the AE Trug & Bug on the chrome top.

It's set up for the truggy...but I can hit the buggy every time as well. Not so in the beginning....practice makes perfect.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by triplebvalp
Yes, I use a 12v gel cell in my Ofna chrome top with one 12v motor and power panel for glow ignitor. Works great although it is a heavy beast.
ya im not too worried about the weight im only gonna be carrying it from truck to table and back.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

this doesnt really go along with this conversation but its the closest posting ive found lol

i use one in my ofna blue truggy box. i wouldnt change it for anything else. i love it, i have run them in all my starter boxes. yeah its a little heavy but i mean come on guys, its not that heavy . i like it mostly bc it last a month or so on a charge (i race atleast once a week). i have used it to break in 3 motors one week and still have a weekend of racing on it before i even thought about charging it. plus they are like 35 bucks, thats way cheaper than some stick packs you have to charge every race day. and im not about to put a lipo in my starter box.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
i use one in my ofna blue truggy box. i wouldnt change it for anything else. i love it, i have run them in all my starter boxes. yeah its a little heavy but i mean come on guys, its not that heavy . i like it mostly bc it last a month or so on a charge (i race atleast once a week). i have used it to break in 3 motors one week and still have a weekend of racing on it before i even thought about charging it. plus they are like 35 bucks, thats way cheaper than some stick packs you have to charge every race day. and im not about to put a lipo in my starter box.
im so glad someones finally gave me the answer ive wanted to hear!! i figured just occasionally throwing it on a trickle charger every other week would be a lot easier the charging stick packs every few day