R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Aka wheels VS proline V2 wheels (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/422858-aka-wheels-vs-proline-v2-wheels.html)

morgoth 08-04-2010 11:52 AM

Aka wheels VS proline V2 wheels

Hi guys,

My stock Schumacher rims are cracked after 1 day of pratice... The rims are very hard and crack way too easy.

I'm have AKA wheels at home and they flex a lot so I don't think they will crack as easy as the Schumachers. I haven't tried proline, but I want the lightest rim for my car. I guess the quality of both is good. No V3 rim for me btw. It's too wide for my astroturf tires.

Has anyone weighted the AKA rims and the Proline V2 rims?

Thanks!

Jason Pelletier 08-04-2010 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by morgoth (Post 7761101)
Hi guys,

My stock Schumacher rims are cracked after 1 day of pratice... The rims are very hard and crack way too easy.

I'm have AKA wheels at home and they flex a lot so I don't think they will crack as easy as the Schumachers. I haven't tried proline, but I want the lightest rim for my car. I guess the quality of both is good. No V3 rim for me btw. It's too wide for my astroturf tires.

Has anyone weighted the AKA rims and the Proline V2 rims?

Thanks!

Proline wheels balance like crap. Go with aka's. Losi's wheels are nice.

rallyebmx 08-04-2010 08:56 PM

There is a guy on here, I believe the screen name is Integra. He's posted a full chart with wheel weights and tire weights. Its very nice. V2 are the heaviest. My AKA are a few grams lighter and the Losi wheels I weighed were the lightest, but I remember on Integras chart they were not the lightest

Semple 08-04-2010 09:00 PM

I re-use wheels. I've found that the AKA's will develop hairline cracks on the inside mounting bead, usually after the first set of tires. They do not affect performance, but they do get gradually worse.

rallyebmx 08-04-2010 09:13 PM

Here is the chart i was referring to:
http://www.tarzee.com/rcdb/btires.php

Integra 08-04-2010 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Semple (Post 7763216)
I re-use wheels. I've found that the AKA's will develop hairline cracks on the inside mounting bead, usually after the first set of tires. They do not affect performance, but they do get gradually worse.

They Sure do...the edge is Razor sharp on the Aka's where as most others have a little meat there.

here's the Old chart rallyebmx is referring to....It really needs some updating. :blush:

http://www.tarzee.com/rcdb/btires.php

morgoth 08-05-2010 05:43 AM

Wow AKA foams are lighter than proline and they are not molded :| They seem more durable too imo.

How about the panther inserts? Are they durable? It seels are very light and I'd like to lose weight on my buggy, but I don't want crappy inserts that wear like hell.

Integra 08-05-2010 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by morgoth (Post 7764396)
Wow AKA foams are lighter than proline and they are not molded :| They seem more durable too imo.

How about the panther inserts? Are they durable? It seels are very light and I'd like to lose weight on my buggy, but I don't want crappy inserts that wear like hell.

Panther's will Not last as long...Its a Standard foam VS a molded

morgoth 08-05-2010 06:58 AM

I think I'll go with AKA rims and AKA inserts. The inserts seem to last longer than the prolines and they weight less.

KWT-NITRO 08-05-2010 07:06 AM

Hey guys,

thanks for the thread.

my question is, am preparing my stuff for the WC, i want to run proline tires but dont really like their wheels.

is it possible to run prolive V2 revolvers/holeshots on AKA wheels/inserts?? any difference in diameter or width??

cheers
Ali

071crazy 08-05-2010 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO (Post 7764660)
Hey guys,

thanks for the thread.

my question is, am preparing my stuff for the WC, i want to run proline tires but dont really like their wheels.

is it possible to run prolive V2 revolvers/holeshots on AKA wheels/inserts?? any difference in diameter or width??

cheers
Ali

You could run revolvers/holeshots on aka wheels. The AKA wheels to seem to make the tire profile flatter than the v2 wheels. I didn't like running AKA foams in those tires though.

Matthijs 08-05-2010 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by morgoth (Post 7764630)
I think I'll go with AKA rims and AKA inserts. The inserts seem to last longer than the prolines and they weight less.

:p that's what I told you over a month ago, remember? :D still not figured out how to order online :lol: See you on the track!

Semple 08-05-2010 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO (Post 7764660)
Hey guys,

thanks for the thread.

cheers
Ali

Use the AKA wheels, Proline tires and Proline Evo foams.

morgoth 08-05-2010 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Matthijs (Post 7764864)
:p that's what I told you over a month ago, remember? :D still not figured out how to order online :lol: See you on the track!

I was talking with Bart Loomans and he said the Proline V2 are working for him with the stock schumacher foams. He's sponsored by Proline so I wanted the opinion of outsiders.

Aka seems to be lighter and ppl are more happy of the rims, so I'll go with the AKA's.
You need money to order online... :p Anyway, I'll order them tomorrow when the money is on my paypal account.

And damn, those schumacher rims are crap. I have 1 day on them and they are full of cracks... I'll make some pics when I got the tires of them. I think I'll go the aceton way.

sirKandal 08-05-2010 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Semple (Post 7763216)

I re-use wheels to and I have some AKA wheels and some PL wheels. The PL wheels will hold up better, the AKA wheels will crack on the inside after a short time