R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-03-2010, 09:28 PM   #1
Tech Regular
 
Timmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 498
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default How do I replace the wheel on my OFNA starter box.

I have the Chrome top Ofna starter box with the big single 12v motor.
How do I get the starter wheel to come off the shaft to replace it.I tried turning the nut,but the shaft spins with it when I turn the nut.Is there some kind of technique to get them off.Any advice will be helpful,thanks.
Timmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:32 PM   #2
Tech Elite
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmo View Post
I have the Chrome top Ofna starter box with the big single 12v motor.
How do I get the starter wheel to come off the shaft to replace it.I tried turning the nut,but the shaft spins with it when I turn the nut.Is there some kind of technique to get them off.Any advice will be helpful,thanks.
im pretty sure its counter clock wise nut. and hold the wheel. mine came off pretty easily.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:35 PM   #3
Tech Regular
 
drewmugx5t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 414
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

cordless impact gun would do it without having to hold anything. It will get it tight too.
drewmugx5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #4
Tech Regular
 
Timmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 498
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
im pretty sure its counter clock wise nut. and hold the wheel. mine came off pretty easily.
The wheel on mine spins freely on the shaft,I think it's stripped somehow,any other way.


Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmugx5t View Post
cordless impact gun would do it without having to hold anything. It will get it tight too.
Don't have one of those,could there be another tool.
Timmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:06 PM   #5
Tech Elite
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmo View Post
The wheel on mine spins freely on the shaft,I think it's stripped somehow,any other way.
.
push hard on the wheel toward the motor and it should "bind"... someone will say thats bad but i got it off and it still works
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:21 AM   #6
Tech Regular
 
Timmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 498
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
push hard on the wheel toward the motor and it should "bind"... someone will say thats bad but i got it off and it still works
I'll give that a try.
Timmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:33 AM   #7
Tech Regular
 
Timmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 498
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
push hard on the wheel toward the motor and it should "bind"... someone will say thats bad but i got it off and it still works

Hey,it worked!
Thank you very much.You saved me a trip to the local hobby store.

-Tim
Timmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips Kevin Boyle Nitro Off-Road 4504 01-05-2017 06:52 PM
Losi 8ight building and setup JBRacing Nitro Off-Road 8691 06-27-2011 08:43 AM
FS EVERYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF!!!! LOOK at pics factory racer R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 35 03-02-2010 07:43 AM
starter box for 8t nitro neil Nitro Off-Road 29 07-12-2008 03:55 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:42 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net