Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VP-Pro Tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Suspended

Default VP-Pro Tires

Please give me some feed back on VP Pro tires. I read somewhere they are cheap but last a long time. One guy used them at my local track last weekend and he says they were good. I heard from others they are just copies.
I have used Panther, Losi, Pro-line, AKA, and J-Concepts tires.
I have not tried the new VP Pro tires, which would you recommend and why? I race on a very dusty and bumpy tracks. I am on a tight budget and need to save money to keep racing my Hyper 8. And what does "Medium Flex" compound mean? How is the foams and premounted tires?
Old 08-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Adept

They are quite popular over here in NZ. We use the 802 'Cut Offs' and 804 'Turbo Trax' with good results. The 802 would probably be best for bumpy dusty track. I tried the 804's on the weekend, our track was damp all day and they worked brilliantly. I have only used the medium flex and they wear really well. If you get preglued tyres just keep an eye on them as you will usually have to reglue a few areas, other than that a great tyre at a great price!
Old 08-12-2009, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro Hobbies
Please give me some feed back on VP Pro tires. I read somewhere they are cheap but last a long time. One guy used them at my local track last weekend and he says they were good. I heard from others they are just copies.
I have not tried the new VP Pro tires, which would you recommend and why? I race on a very dusty and bumpy tracks. I am on a tight budget and need to save money to keep racing my Hyper 8. And what does "Medium Flex" compound mean? How is the foams and premounted tires?
Caster racing makes some good tires they only have two types right pro and rtr the rtr tires are good but the foams are week from what i was told but the pro tires are just like the bow ties but last longer
Old 08-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

caster tires were made by vppro in the past. vp pro's are good, i wouldn't call them cheep, they are just not as over priced as the older more established brands are, yet. they have a new caliber-ish looking tire coming out soon. the bow-tie looking version i run have about 2 gallons on them and still have about 50% tread, couple blue groove runs but mostly loose practice stuff. their soft compound is like a m2.5 not as hard as an m2 but not as soft as m3 either, they will be a top contender soon.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:04 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Interesting 4th ever post and the first post in 3 years. The other 3 post all edited today all with a few minutes
Old 08-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PW
Interesting 4th ever post and the first post in 3 years. The other 3 post all edited today all with a few minutes
So what are you saying?
Old 08-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

It would appear that this person is just a reader of forum information and does not comment all the time. I see nothing wrong with that at all. I would welcome him aboard, but he has been here longer than me....lol.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

you should know about the VP Pro tires you sell them at Machines R/C Hobbies,and quit making accounts ,

Last edited by Marcos.J; 08-13-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hakmazter
It would appear that this person is just a reader of forum information and does not comment all the time. I see nothing wrong with that at all. I would welcome him aboard, but he has been here longer than me....lol.
Actually is someone that HAD more than 1 account and he is lucky that I let him keep his primary one
Old 08-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

He's a playa hater!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well I love the tires anyway and so does everyone that runs them that I personally know
Old 08-13-2009, 05:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
you should know about the VP Pro tires you sell them at Machines R/C Hobbies,and quit making accounts ,
lawl.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

multinickers spotted!
Old 10-30-2009, 11:21 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

so what online hobby shops sell these tires?

Looking for something similar in compound to a JConcepts blue, with treads like the Goosebump as well as double dees.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:52 AM
Tech Adept

http://www.vp-pro-usa.com/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.