R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2010, 06:38 AM   #1
Tech Master
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: mobile
Posts: 1,198
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default What should I buy Re: New Motor

I had a Axe Rossi Mamba x1 which blew up. I had to mill the sleeve out of the block. I also think the block somehow got bent. Tried putting a new sleeve in it and it would not fit. I didn't want to force for fear the pressure would bend the sleeve causing more problems.

Hence, I need a new motor.

I am looking at motors below:

Nova Rossi Plus 4 (Kinda Expensive)
RB Concept 10 (Also kinda Expensive)
RB Mods motor (O.K.)
Werks B5 Hmm. I have a collar b3 and a Werks B7 (Just got the B7 to finally Idle correctly, needed a new bearing and needed to be resealed)


I still have a Rossi LSK, Rossi Black Magic. LSK still won't idle correctly (air leak after new bering installed) and the black magic needs a front bearing)

What do you folks think.

I hear good things about the Nova Ross, and the Werks.

I haven't heard anything about the RB Concept 10. Would like info on this one.

Thanks

Oh Yeah. BTW. Which one will I be able to get parts easily down the road.

Thanks again.
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:46 AM   #2
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 991
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
I had a Axe Rossi Mamba x1 which blew up. I had to mill the sleeve out of the block. I also think the block somehow got bent. Tried putting a new sleeve in it and it would not fit. I didn't want to force for fear the pressure would bend the sleeve causing more problems.

Hence, I need a new motor.

I am looking at motors below:

Nova Rossi Plus 4 (Kinda Expensive)
RB Concept 10 (Also kinda Expensive)
RB Mods motor (O.K.)
Werks B5 Hmm. I have a collar b3 and a Werks B7 (Just got the B7 to finally Idle correctly, needed a new bearing and needed to be resealed)


I still have a Rossi LSK, Rossi Black Magic. LSK still won't idle correctly (air leak after new bering installed) and the black magic needs a front bearing)

What do you folks think.

I hear good things about the Nova Ross, and the Werks.

I haven't heard anything about the RB Concept 10. Would like info on this one.

Thanks

Oh Yeah. BTW. Which one will I be able to get parts easily down the road.

Thanks again.
Get an OS
__________________
Rui Almeida
Hamilton, Ontario
CANADA
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Serpent SRX8, Sanwa M11s, Sanwa SRX-BX servos, Picco 5TB
RAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:04 AM   #3
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,657
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlmeida View Post
Get an OS
specifically a ninja
__________________
"You are not understanding the fundamental principles of my fragmented personality"

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:09 AM   #4
Tech Champion
 
Maximo's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,900
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

is it for a Buggy or a Truggy ?
__________________
http://www.thenitroshop.com/
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:10 AM   #5
Tech Regular
 
Team_Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: IOWA
Posts: 374
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

If its for a buggy i would say Werks B6 If its for truggy Werks B5 i have had great luck with both.
Team_Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:15 AM   #6
Tech Master
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: mobile
Posts: 1,198
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Talking Motor to get

Hi. This is for a Mugen MBX5, or a 6 or a Serpent 811.

Thanks
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:17 AM   #7
Tech Master
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: mobile
Posts: 1,198
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Mugen Ninja

I have a Ninja but, I need a New Pistion/sleeve for it.

This is not the JX model b ut the earlier Rossi built model.

Hard to find.

I also have a Ninja and a Werks for my Truggy.

The Werks motor just got rebuilt, and the .28 in the truggy is great.

I haven't leaned the ninja in the truggy simply because I don't need that

much power yet. Running a little fat. 210 degrees. or so.
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:18 AM   #8
Tech Champion
 
Maximo's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,900
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Clockwork Modified Werk's B6 is my suggestion..... very fast, very good on fuel and excellent service and warranty !
__________________
http://www.thenitroshop.com/
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:24 AM   #9
Tech Master
 
mrbusta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Adelaide Australia
Posts: 1,519
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mrbusta Send a message via Skype™ to mrbusta
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Clockwork Modified Werk's B6 is my suggestion..... very fast, very good on fuel and excellent service and warranty !
well said generally any clockworks mod motor will put a smile on ur face
but for the buggy the clockwork B6 is an excellent choice friend has one idiot proof to tune and good on fuel
__________________
SHAYNE/MONSTER ENERGY/BETA TYRES Australia
Thanks to www.wprcracing.com/P.N.D Paint works
81/MUGEN Mafia

RIP BUSTA BB ANGEL
mrbusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:24 AM   #10
Tech Master
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: mobile
Posts: 1,198
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Talking Clockwork

Clockwork modified you say??

I have never heard of this.

Where can I find out about them.

Thanks
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:34 AM   #11
Tech Master
 
mrbusta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Adelaide Australia
Posts: 1,519
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mrbusta Send a message via Skype™ to mrbusta
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Clockwork modified you say??

I have never heard of this.

Where can I find out about them.

Thanks

http://www.clockworkracingengines.com/
my friend u really wont look back
and the service from Neal aka Maximo and John aka xc7
what else could u ask for
they will bend over to help ya needs
Hope this helps ya
__________________
SHAYNE/MONSTER ENERGY/BETA TYRES Australia
Thanks to www.wprcracing.com/P.N.D Paint works
81/MUGEN Mafia

RIP BUSTA BB ANGEL
mrbusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:42 AM   #12
Tech Master
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: mobile
Posts: 1,198
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Wink Clockwork

Can I send them a new motor instead of purchasing on from them??

I have a credit at Amain hobbies.
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:45 AM   #13
Tech Master
 
mrbusta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Adelaide Australia
Posts: 1,519
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mrbusta Send a message via Skype™ to mrbusta
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Can I send them a new motor instead of purchasing on from them??

I have a credit at Amain hobbies.
i would guess they would but please dont hesitate to email Neal he is a very good with his customer service he would know more on it for you email him now and see how he can help u
__________________
SHAYNE/MONSTER ENERGY/BETA TYRES Australia
Thanks to www.wprcracing.com/P.N.D Paint works
81/MUGEN Mafia

RIP BUSTA BB ANGEL
mrbusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:50 AM   #14
cdc
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 386
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

RB Buggy 10 It idles great. Has Lots of power and is Very Reliable
__________________
Kyosho MP9 TKI4 - OS SPEED - KO RSx Servos - Futaba 4PX
cdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:02 AM   #15
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: west deptford NJ.
Posts: 3
Default RB10

go with the RB ive been running them in my 3 race
cars for 5 years now they have plenty of power
and easy to tune good luck
LOSIRACER401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:34 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net